7 1/2 years of George Bush

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gini

Reaction score
Subject: 7 1/2 years of George Bush

I remember Nancy Pelosi, 2 years ago, stating that if America would give

Democrats control "they" would do something about the high gas prices.

Wow - $2.19 a gallon is a deal now!

This is something a person from any party should read:

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine even after 911.

A little over two years ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

4) The DOW JONES hit a record high of 14,000 +

5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!...

But, Americans wanted CHANGE! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right.

In the PAST YEAR:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;

2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!; at the time this was written.

3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 10% increase);

4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS

and prices still dropping;

5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~ $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL

FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE...AND WE SURE GOT IT! ...

REMEMBER THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES, ONLY CONGRESS.

AND WHAT HAS CONGRESS DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

NOW THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO

REALLY GIVE US CHANGE ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!!

JUST HOW MUCH MORE "CHANGE" DO

YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND?

HAVE A TRULY BLESSED DAY!

Last edited by a moderator:
How very true..gotto add the congress approvement rate..what is it now? 8 percent..that must be all the janitors working at the building.

It's a shame so many people have made up their minds, so don't try and confuse them with actual facts
default_sad.png
I support Bush and I think history will show him to be a better president than the current media would have us believe.

You know this election has once again divided this country. It is so sad that it has come to this . I remember how 911 brought us all together as americans. Has George Bush been the perfect president, no but has any one been happy with any president. I will be for ever grateful to him for keeping us safe since 911. Never again do I want to live through that horror but there is evil out there that still want us all dead. Think about it, do you really think it will never happen again? I want a president that will protect us, that we can look up to and not for one second think did we make the right decision for our new leader. A president that will not punish the very people that keep us working , a president that CAN pass a FBI check ,a president that did not start his political career in a terrorist living room. Call me back wards, stupid, any thing you want . I fear for this country, what I think is going to happen here soon, and I will pray every day that my life and every thing I hold dear will be safe.

A few years ago, Republicans on this list argued that Bush couldnt be at fault for what was happening during the first few years of his Presidency, as it took years for a Presidents policy to show in the economy. Ditto with Clintons Presidency. Republicans stated that it wasnt HIS policy, but Reagans and Bushs that were finally working and he shouldnt get the credit. I looked back in our posts for these threads, but they dont go back far enough, I did find one, but no one commented. So now why is it different? What has changed that makes nothing Bushs fault but the Dems? Why does it take a Presidents policy so long to work, but a Congress mere months? Cant say a Democrat did good, nope, nehuh , no way. Cant say that a Republican did wrong, nope, nehuh, no way. I dont follow how people can say one thing one year, but then another the next.

THAT exact reason is why political parties have no place anymore. People get so married to them that they forget the facts or they move them around, to fit what they want to say right then.

A few years ago, Republicans on this list argued that Bush couldnt be at fault for what was happening during the first few years of his Presidency, as it took years for a Presidents policy to show in the economy. Ditto with Clintons Presidency. Republicans stated that it wasnt HIS policy, but Reagans and Bushs that were finally working and he shouldnt get the credit. I looked back in our posts for these threads, but they dont go back far enough, I did find one, but no one commented. So now why is it different? What has changed that makes nothing Bushs fault but the Dems? Why does it take a Presidents policy so long to work, but a Congress mere months? Cant say a Democrat did good, nope, nehuh , no way. Cant say that a Republican did wrong, nope, nehuh, no way. I dont follow how people can say one thing one year, but then another the next. THAT exact reason is why political parties have no place anymore. People get so married to them that they forget the facts or they move them around, to fit what they want to say right then.
You really amaze me..

Code:
It's a shame so many people have made up their minds, so don't try and confuse them with actual facts  I support Bush and I think history will show him to be a better president than the current media would have us believe

Code:
 I want a president that will protect us, that we can look up to and not for one second think did we make the right decision for our new leader. A president that will not punish the very people that keep us working , a president that CAN pass a FBI check ,a president that did not start his political career in a terrorist living room. Call me back wards, stupid, any thing you want . I fear for this country, what I think is going to happen here soon, and I will pray every day that my life and every thing I hold dear will be safe.
Well said Jill and C G Minis!!

Code:
It's a shame so many people have made up their minds, so don't try and confuse them with actual facts  I support Bush and I think history will show him to be a better president than the current media would have us believe

Code:
 I want a president that will protect us, that we can look up to and not for one second think did we make the right decision for our new leader. A president that will not punish the very people that keep us working , a president that CAN pass a FBI check ,a president that did not start his political career in a terrorist living room. Call me back wards, stupid, any thing you want . I fear for this country, what I think is going to happen here soon, and I will pray every day that my life and every thing I hold dear will be safe.
USA, USA, USA...LOL wonderfully put..thank you

Yes, I can say a Democrat did good. Jimmy Carter and many things that Clinton did were good. They did a lot of good while in office. But then too, they did not have the challenges to face that Bush has had. I wonder if they would have been as good if they were put into the situations that he has been placed in. Not that they wouldn't, I just wonder if they would.

I am also glad to see this information posted. So many think it is all Bush, when in fact there has been a lot of "Aid" in making the current white house look bad.

One thing I really admire about George Bush, he has had so many things piled on him while in office and for the most part he has just quietly taken care of business. Instead of being vocal and focusing on the negativity of certain situations, he has stayed in the background and done his job. He has allowed the media to go wild with accusations and again, for the most part, he has stayed focused on the task at hand.

Anyway, there you go, some dems did good! And, I will also add in here, that if I thought, even in the most remote manner that there was a Democrat running that would do a better job, I would vote for them. I want the best for our country no matter the party ties. Just so happens, McCain is our best choice this time around, for the country and it's people and all of our safety.

Anyway, there you go, some dems did good! And, I will also add in here, that if I thought, even in the most remote manner that there was a Democrat running that would do a better job, I would vote for them. I want the best for our country no matter the party ties. Just so happens, McCain is our best choice this time around, for the country and it's people and all of our safety.

[SIZE=18pt]AMEN!![/SIZE]

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Code:

Code:

I am also glad to see this information posted. So many think it is all Bush, when in fact there has been a lot of "Aid" in making the current white house look bad.
One thing I really admire about George Bush, he has had so many things piled on him while in office and for the most part he has just quietly taken care of business. Instead of being vocal and focusing on the negativity of certain situations, he has stayed in the background and done his job. He has allowed the media to go wild with accusations and again, for the most part, he has stayed focused on the task at hand.

I want the best for our country no matter the party ties. Just so happens, McCain is our best choice this time around, for the country and it's people and all of our safety.
Thank you my feelings exactly!

I agree very much with the facts that you posted Gini, this is how I personally see how our economy has gone down. I am a very conservative Republican and I have no problem admiting that I voted for Clinton...yep thats right, voted Democrat, becuase I felt he was the best one for the job in that election. I do think it is important to look at the person not the party, however there is just no way I would choose anyone other than McCain with my given choices. Palin is definately not my favorite, but every speach I hear that Obama or Biden gives, there is not one thing they have ever said that would persuade me to change my vote. For me it is like anything else in this world. I weigh the pros and cons, and personally for my beliefs, I have not found any pros in the Obama/Biden choice.

Jennifer I too voted for Clinton. I am also a conservative Republican and I do not just arbitrarily vote for a Republican candidate. I weigh the issues and with listening to the candidates and others make up my mind. I have already voted early and proudly voted for McCain/Palin .

Subject: 7 1/2 years of George Bush

I remember Nancy Pelosi, 2 years ago, stating that if America would give

Democrats control "they" would do something about the high gas prices.

Wow - $2.19 a gallon is a deal now!

This is something a person from any party should read:

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine even after 911.

A little over two years ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

4) The DOW JONES hit a record high of 14,000 +

5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!...

But, Americans wanted CHANGE! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right.

In the PAST YEAR:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted;

2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!; at the time this was written.

3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 10% increase);

4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS

and prices still dropping;

5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~ $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL

FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE...AND WE SURE GOT IT! ...

REMEMBER THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES, ONLY CONGRESS.

AND WHAT HAS CONGRESS DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

NOW THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO

REALLY GIVE US CHANGE ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!!

JUST HOW MUCH MORE "CHANGE" DO

YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND?

HAVE A TRULY BLESSED DAY!
Thank You Gini..... How true !!!!!

A few years ago, Republicans on this list argued that Bush couldnt be at fault for what was happening during the first few years of his Presidency, as it took years for a Presidents policy to show in the economy. Ditto with Clintons Presidency. Republicans stated that it wasnt HIS policy, but Reagans and Bushs that were finally working and he shouldnt get the credit. I looked back in our posts for these threads, but they dont go back far enough, I did find one, but no one commented. So now why is it different? What has changed that makes nothing Bushs fault but the Dems? Why does it take a Presidents policy so long to work, but a Congress mere months? Cant say a Democrat did good, nope, nehuh , no way. Cant say that a Republican did wrong, nope, nehuh, no way. I dont follow how people can say one thing one year, but then another the next. THAT exact reason is why political parties have no place anymore. People get so married to them that they forget the facts or they move them around, to fit what they want to say right then.
You really amaze me..

Why thank you, but apparently you didnt read what I wrote. I am asking republicans why on this list a few years back they stated that it takes YEARS for economic policy to work yet NOW they are stating that the democrats CURRENT policy suddenly has worked in months.

Moreover, why is it the Democrats who are always at fault, no matter if they are the congress or the President? IOW, why does the buck ONLY stop with them?

Last edited by a moderator:
You really amaze me..

Why thank you, but apparently you didnt read what I wrote. I am asking republicans why on this list a few years back they stated that it takes YEARS for economic policy to work yet NOW they are stating that the democrats CURRENT policy suddenly has worked in months.

Moreover, why is it the Democrats who are always at fault, no matter if they are the congress or the President? IOW, why does the buck ONLY stop with them?
Why did the scorpion sting the fox??

I am at a total and complete loss why this question cannot be answered. Is it because there is no answer? At least none that makes common sense?

Ok, I simply cannot help myself. I have to answer the question.

We are wondering the same thing. "Why ARE the Democrats always at fault?" It's getting old. You would think they would learn. Sheesh!

default_laugh.png
default_wink.png

Well, its obvious that no one is 1) either smart enough to answer the question or 2) cant in a common sense kind of way. Actually, I think no one has actually read the question, they are instead to into being snide and reading INTO the question. But hey, thanks for 'trying'!!

Latest posts

Back