4th Annual Ribbons for Linda Benefit Horse Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bozley

Reaction score
Ribbons for Linda (RFL) is a non-profit 501©3 organization. Our goal is to raise awareness and funds for pancreatic cancer in memory of Linda Best and the thousands of those who are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer each year.

We hope you can join us for our 4th Annual Ribbons for Linda Benefit Horse Show on Sunday August 14, 2011 at Dream Acres Equestrian Center, Arundel ME. Indoor and outdoor rings available. Get your entries in by August 10th and save $2.00 per class! Food and drinks will be available.

This is a very laid back fun show. No show clothes required. All young children showing are allowed assistance by an adult. This is the perfect show for getting into the ring for the first time no matter what your age is. We also welcome mini donkeys this year! So please bring your long ears!

If you are unable to join us, but would like to show your support, feel free to sponsor a class at $10 each. We would also greatly appreciate any prize donations!

For class list/entry forms or more information about RFL please visit our website at: www.ribbonsforlinda.com or email [email protected].

500_2011_RFL_Poster.jpg

Thanks Molly! We are looking forward to seeing you! Feel free to visit our website for the class list and entry form: www.ribbonsforlinda.com

~Makayla

I'm using my phone so maybe I'm just missing it, but I couldn't find on the website how to sign up to sponsor a class. Do you prefer check or paypal?

I was about to post when I read Parmela's question so I went to the website and found this info:

Any monetary donations are always welcome and can be sent to:

Ribbons for Linda

c/o Kennebunk Savings Bank

P.O. Box 1880

Ogunquit, ME 03907

Not sure if that was how Makayla wants it handled for the show sponsorships, but the money will end up in the right place anyway.

I was going to post that I won't make the show this year, but I entered the first year (when Linda herself showed) and had a blast! Very laid back and fun show with a combination of newbies and experienced exhibitors to help.

StarRidgeAcres, you can send the check directly to the bank account that Mary posted or our home address which is listed on the entry form. But please send an email to Makayla as well at [email protected] so she can keep track and thank you properly. Also, if you have a particular class you are sponsoring, please say so. Right now none of the classes are spoken for.

Mary, that first show was the best. Linda seemed so happy that day. She really seemed to enjoy herself as did her family. What a wonderful memory for all of us. I know she would want us to continue this battle against pancreatic cancer in her memory.

Joyce, Molly's Run and Taylor looking forward to seeing you at the show! It really is a fun relaxing day raising money for a great cause! We have great prizes too!

StarRidgeAcres, you can send the check directly to the bank account that Mary posted or our home address which is listed on the entry form. But please send an email to Makayla as well at [email protected] so she can keep track and thank you properly. Also, if you have a particular class you are sponsoring, please say so. Right now none of the classes are spoken for.

Mary, that first show was the best. Linda seemed so happy that day. She really seemed to enjoy herself as did her family. What a wonderful memory for all of us. I know she would want us to continue this battle against pancreatic cancer in her memory.

Joyce, Molly's Run and Taylor looking forward to seeing you at the show! It really is a fun relaxing day raising money for a great cause! We have great prizes too!

Thank you! That's the info I needed.

I hope to be able to go and see you there!
wub.gif

-Kay

Last edited by a moderator:
Kay, hope you come too. After all you have to show off that liberty horse of yours!

Thank you Mary Lou and Lil'Beginnings! That was so generous of you! You are the Best!!!

Here is a copy of the class list in case you want to sponsor a class but are unable to open the document on our website. For more info or entry form please email Makayla at [email protected] or visit our website www.ribbonsforlinda.com. We still have RFL cookbooks available for sale too!

4th Annual Ribbons for Linda Benefit Horse Show - Class List

Sunday, August 14, 2011

All profit will be donated to pancreatic cancer awareness & research!

8:00 AM Miniature Horse/Donkey start

12:00 PM Full Size Horse start

Dream Acres Equestrian Center

181 Irving Rd, Arundel, ME 04046

(Rain or Shine, indoor available)

Judges: Linda Cameron-Davis & Sandi Oliver

All Miniature Horses & Donkeys (38” & under) and Full Size Horses Welcome!

Start at 8:00 AM

Miniature Horse/Donkey Classes

1. Halter – Mares

2. Halter – Geldings & Stallions

3. Halter – Donkeys

4. Solid Color

5. Multi Color

6. Trail, 13 & up

7. Trail, 12 & under

8. Jumper, 13 & up

9. Jumper, 12 & under

10. Liberty