4H

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamlandnh

Reaction score
Was not sure which forum to put put this under so I figured the Back Porch was safe, just wanted to share how proud I am and about the 4H program. This past weekend our County 4H qualifying horse show was held and they have adopted in a new division...in-hand for horses 12 hands and under. Lizzie was so excited because this meant she could bring her favorite horse (he has issues with big horses in the ring driving with him). They had a great weekend, though Roger spent some time in the classes bucking alot they earn the 4th spot out of 10 to go on to the 4H State Horse show to try and earn one of the spots on the team to go to the Big E. The classes offered for the in-hand division was a discapline rail (like a command class), jumping, and obstacle along fitting and showmanship. Along with her slot on the team Lizzie picked up top quiz in the junior division and top judging in the junior division. She also was the 3rd top sell for our ads program (fund raiser that our county does for the horse program).

So proud of team Lizzie and Roger! Next is States in 3 weeks!
default_aktion033.gif

Michigan 4H has a great mini program with its own ring and barn at the state show, in fact I am a bit jealous as their prizes and ribbons are much nicer than what my guys bring home from Nationals!!!
default_yes.gif
....good luck with your new program, it is a lot of work to get started but a lot of fun helping it grow!!

We have in hand and driving classes

Showmanship

Trail in hand

Grooms class

Liberty

Jumping

cloverleaf

poles

Reinsmanship

Pleasure driving

Obstacle driving

Dressage driving

Flag race (trot only!)

Thanks for the info Stormy. NH only offers showmanship (required for all diciplines), then a command like class for in-hand (they ask for walk, trot, reserve, back, sidepass, etc), jumping and obstacle.

Our driving division has been 4 years now and they offer showmanship, reinsmanship, pleasure, obstacle.

Too bad Michigan couldn't come to the Big E and show during the 4H day. It is just New England though.

Lizzie heads off to the State show on 7/15 where she is hoping for the NH team to the Big E. Last year she was on the team with a driving mini, this year she is supporting the new division for in-hand.

Congratulations to Lizzie & Roger!!!! Good luck at State too!!!

I just engraved plaques for our county 4H show where they qualify to go to State. They had just offered Pleasure Driving (all sizes) and Reinsmanship. New this year..."MINIS OVER FENCES"

Its a start...also said think 8-10 horses will be there this year..used to be just 2 maybe 3.

Go 4H!!

Latest posts

Back