4H question showing minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdomep

Reaction score
I am "giving" my Willy to a friends 8 year old daughter (basically doing a free lease since he won't leave my care) Becca wants to show in 4H and I have a couple questions...

First of all will it matter that Willy only has 1 eye?

What kind of things do they do when showing minis 4H?

She is new to all of this (and I have no clue but I want to be able to answer her questions
smile.gif
)

Thanks

I am going to double post this in the youth area too.

I haven't shown in 4H but , i have friends who have, and I dont think it matters that he only has one eye. Actually my dad knows a guy from work whose daughter has a completely blind horse, and she showed him in he fair, the newspaper did an article on him.

I am a 4-H leader in Maine and the one eye wouldnt bother anyone here. we have added alot of mini classes in our 4-H shows this year. they are so much more affordable for many families. I would find out from your county extention agent what the rules are, they are different from state to state. Good Luck
rolleyes.gif

I know when I used to show at the fair with 4H they impressed the importance of proper feed and flesh on a horse. Must be meticualously groomed and always had to do showmanship no matter what class we really wanted to show in.

I live in Washington State.

If this horse remains in your care, make sure and instruct this youth on how he is cared for, what he is fed and how much. How often shots, worming, farrier, etc is done. All of these things may be asked.

Latest posts

Back