4H and Mini's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamlandnh

Reaction score
So proud of NH and offering driving classes and inhand classes for horses under 12hands. This year Lizzie qualified with her new gelding Clear Brooks Moes Streaking to be on the Cheshire County Team to States to try for a spot on the NH Team to the Big E. Lizzie isn't able to go on to the Big E this year though they did qualify, she was 5th out of 66+/- horses and there are only 17 slots. She and MoMo have really come a long way in a year!!! Middle picture if of 3 of the mini's in my 4H club that made the team to States, we had one more mini from our club there too!

Lizzie and MoMo waiting for their Fitting and Showmanship class, they earned a perfect score of 100!!!

580840_265849230188342_288960457_n1.jpg
599733_266009263505672_960621133_n1.jpg
399446_4220496708177_452805942_n1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is fantastic!! And I remember Lizzie from way back when.. She has come a long way and you should be very proud. Our 4-H Club has a long way to go to get to where yours is, but maybe someday we can have Little Hooves members competing with their (or our) minis at the Big E. I really think this is the way to get more people involved with minis. Some of our members will be showing our minis at the Hartford County Fair this year. (Princess is one of them!). Since our Club got started so late (February) and our members are so young, I think we are off to a good start.

We have a section on our website (link below) with 4-H information and photos of our Club activities with the minis, including a Community Service project visit to a nursing home last week.

Thanks Mary, I went through 4H growing up and so proud to be a leader now and that my daughter is involved. So many doors have opened for her through 4H and she is trying to take advantage of them all. If your club ever wants to come up with our club and do something together...we will be slowing down after the beginning of August. Do you guys do any quiz bowl or judging? I have 4 senior members and then 2 juniors and 3 beginners.

Hi Karen-

We have 4 juniors and 4 very beginners so not ready for Quiz Bowl or judging yet. But will keep this in mind! And yes, I was in 4-H 50 years ago and it is amazing to me how some things have changed (used to be everyone owned a horse they kept in their backyard) and some things stay the same (record keeping, demonstrations, community service).

I think it is amazing how the number of 4-H Clubs in New England with minis has increased just in a couple of years. I don't know about you but we have a waiting list as long as our member list!

no waiting list here right now, but will see in the fall when the new year starts.

Never too early to start working on the quiz bowl/judging. Do you guys use the Colorado Book as your only source?

Lizzie has qualified for the NH Team to go to KY as a team demo...they are doing it on the skull of a horse (her name is George). She had also qualified for the NH Quiz Bowl team to KY but they can only go on one team a year so she went with demo so her partner could go as it is her last year, plus she was the youngest on the team so it would benifit her to wait another year.

Latest posts

Back