3rd and final baby has arrived!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
MARE STARE IS OVER!!!!!

Jewel had her baby this morning around 4 a.m. and believe it or not, ALL WENT BY THE BOOK, NO PROBLEMS! So far this itty bitty tiny little colt is doing well. After Prints, I don't get too far ahead of myself, but this little guy, so far is doing or has done all he should.
rolleyes.gif

But BOY is he tiny!!! 16",,,,,6" cannon, measured 3 times.

I have zero idea on his color. Dam is a very deep sorrel, dad is a true silver sabino with a bald face and small belly splash. This little guy has a very wide blaze and I believe some white on his belly, but hard to tell at this point. Around his eyes he almost looks to be a champagne, (sorry for any misspellings, no sleep yet), Got any ideas? The pictures do show color how I see them, sometimes pictures are different.

Name???? I name them after mom in some way. Dam is, LT Jewel and last baby had Ruby in the name. Is there a name of a jewel that would sound like a boy? Again, no sleep, besides diamond I can't think of a thing!

I know, Itty Bitty Stud,,,,,,,lol

jewelcolt.jpg

jewelcolt2.jpg

Oh, can't forget my helpers this morning!!!! Fun climbing over them each time I went out of the stall!

Prints and Midnight

printsmid.jpg

Congrats on your new little one. What a cutie!!!! Also looks like you have a great welcoming committee standing by.

Judy,

can you sound that out for me the best you can.

Like if vowels are long or short and what it may ryme with.

Maybe if I come back later I'll know what it is, maybe lack of sleep, but I can't say that word right now.
wacko.gif

thanks

Congratulations! He is just gorgeous!

As for a jewel name, um..... Topaz?

Only one I can think of off the top of my head.

It is pronounded beeju also you could use" Heza Gem Dandy" which I think is really cute Gemma is italian for jewel also...

Carolyn,

He is adorable!! He looks like a little gem!!

Love that pretty face!!

I am so glad that you have the expertise of Prints and Midnight!! Looks like they are making sure that you are doing everything right!!!

"CONGRATULATIONS!!"

Awwwwwwwwwww.......he's a real cutie, Carolyn!
wub.gif
Hard to tell from those pics, but these are the three "most likely" colors I think he'll be......Chestnut Sabino, Silver Dapple Sabino, or Silver Chestnut Sabino.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOURE NEW TINY & COLORFUL LITTLE GUY!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
You are having a wonderful week Carolyn! About time...huh!
yes.gif

Well, I don't know what he is except he is one darned cute little man!
yes.gif

I do like Bijou!! That is a really cute name for a really CUTE colt!!!!
aktion033.gif

Looks like you ended your foaling season with a nice boy and even tho Prints gave you such a time..you do have a lot to be thankful for...nice babies!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!
yes.gif

Congrats he is a doll!!!Cant help u with color! Cuute welcoming committee.

Congratulations on your new colt! He looks like a light sorrel sabino. As for the name Bijoux, I believe the i is pronounced more like an e(long e) and the j like a soft j...if there is such a thing. So it is pronounced Bee-joo but the j does not sound like the way it does in jack or junk etc. If you know the proper pronunciation of Bonjour, it sounds like the j in there.

AAAWWW what a "cuteness" Carolyn.

Congrats

saludando.gif

Tommy

Ah Carolyn, he's wonderful! Congratulations on surviving your 2005 foaling season. You definitely deserve a medal! I love Bijou/Bijoux. Mona says it perfectly. A very french pronounce. Garnet is also a nice masculine gem name, Garnie for short, specially if he's a sorrel sobino. garnets are a deeper almost muddy red.

I like the name "Bijou" for him too. It fits.....He looks very special.

MA

OH MY GOSH Congratulations!!! He is cute cute CUTE!

Gees he is just adorable. I don't know what else to say but lucky you
aktion033.gif

Congratulations, he looks really nice!
aktion033.gif

All I can think of for gem names, are Diamond. I like the person's name idea... who mentioned Heza Gem Dandy. Or could be Heza Jim Dandy
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back