315 days preggo...pictures, tell me what you think?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whispering_Pines

Reaction score
First let me apologize for the bad "boob shots" it was very difficult to get a good picture. I would have had to lay on the ground underneath her. The vulva pictures are from the end of February and really it has not changed from that.

She is a maiden mare, 5 years old, bred by a 28 inch pinto with blue eyes. I do have permission from the owner to post his picture if I like.

DSCN2121.JPGDSCN2126.JPGDSCN2128.JPGDSCN2135.JPG

I wil let others with more miniature experience that I have chime in but if she is close to foaling I would be doing a little clipping so that the foal will have an easier time at the milk bar. I never had that much hair on my biggies and I certainly took the advice of others and did a flank and belly clip on my mare two years ago so the foal didn't get a mouthful of "fur".

I would say your mare has at least a week or more to go. But just so you know some mares can change over night and some do a gradually change.

Since she is a maiden you won't know until it happens.

But she does look like my maiden mare that is 309 days. And I think she has at least a week or more to go.

Latest posts

Back