$3 Mission of Thanks; Thank you all SO much!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I missed the match for this, I'm posting my THANKS anyway!!
default_wub.png

• I'm thankful that even though I have bad days, I remember to look to God and He helps me put things back into perspective.
  • I'm thankful that I've made new acquaintances who are mentoring me and giving me the opportunity to have hands-on access to horses while I'm currently horseless.
  • I'm thankful my husband is doing his best to understand (and support) my obssesive love of horses. He even understands why I kept all my tack when Casper went to his new home!
  • I'm thankful that God ALWAYS gives me enough, even when more is what I want.
  • I'm thankful that my children are renewing their relationships with me, now that they are independent.
  • I'm thankful even though I've had hopeless days, God keeps having folks contact me and offer me opportunities with horses....that makes it easier for me to know that now is my time for them!
  • I'm thankful that although I don't feel like I "contribute" to life or serve a "purpose" (as a generality) that I have recently had a basic stranger explain to me how large my circle of influence actually is.
  • I'm thankful that God keeps me humble....even if He sometimes has to us a..a...a......A CAT (!!!)
    default_new_shocked.gif
    to do it.
  • I'm thankful that I've been given the opportunity to continue pursuing my dreams with horses, and that when I fall down I can get back up, dust myself off, smile and keep going.
  • I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to participate in the $3 Mission again this year!!
    default_risa8.gif

I have many other things to be thankful for, being able to hear my chirpy bird friends, see the beauty and hope in nature, feel the changes of the seasons, and reason myself back to sanity when I'm permitting things and stuff to unbalance me....just so many things I could go on until Christmas!

Be looking for our donation. Part of it will be in honor of Harvey, who is currently in foster care.

I'm going to be out selling some handmade crafts this weekend, and I intend to donate part of these earnings as well...after all...if you can't HAVE a horse, you can SPONSOR (almost as nice as adopting, and you don't have to ask a significant other for forgiveness
default_blush.png
) a rescue from Chance's for ONLY $10 PER MONTH!!!

C'mon folks...let's see if we can make it over $1000, we're already more than halfway there!!

Julie

I almost forgot about this Mission! We are moving Monday and I have been so busy packing (and praying the closings go well!) that I haven't been online much. I will be sending a small donation tomorrow!! Thanks for all you do!

Stormy, is that $20 donation to CMHR FOR my bow?
default_smile.png

I have very long hair too and love these bows! I've made maybe close to 300 bows over the years and people come back for more, they keep hair so neat and are to spice up an outfit for any time, not just the show ring!

So very thankful for all of you!! We are down to just over a week!
default_please.gif
Plenty of time to do great things!!
default_thumbup.gif

We have a few more gifts near the end of the week, so please make sure to check back. We will also have another match!!

We started this mission 8 years ago, asking for only $3, it is the same amount we ask for today. Added together, the total makes a huge difference, but we need each of you to be able to do that.

Thank you all so very much!!

To donate: you can go to http://www.chancesmi...scue.org/donate On the lower right hand side of the page is a Donate button that is used for Paypal.

Please put $3 Mission of Thanks in the notes.

Yes we still accept checks and money orders by mail:

Chances Mini Horse Rescue

5846 Craven Road

Emmett, MI 48022

Checks payable to Chances Mini Horse Rescue

I want to remind everyone that we do not move horses into our foster care program until they have seen a vet. NO horse will move until they are vaccinated, coggins, pregnancy test and have a health paper with a signature from a vet which states that horse is not sick and can be safely relocated. THIS IS FIRM. I have a very bad problem with horses being allowed to move around with illness and infect people's farms.

And to do this, its cost money. It costs us a vet bill to admit a horse into our foster care program before he's even there. But as I said, he's vetted where he stands. Every dime you donate is very much needed to do this thing right.

Marty, thanks for providing the information. Everyone needs to understand it is the best for the horse AND the best for the foster home. Those who foster do great things and they too need to be protected. A great thing!

ONE WEEK AND ONE DAY TO GO!!!!!!!
default_xreiter.gif
default_xreiter.gif

I have to work today, and I just know I will hear the paypal button from there!!!

It is a great day to give...because it is the right day to give...as in all days!

CMHR is very unique in the way we are set up and do things. We don't just take in horses and flip them overnight for an adoption fee like many other rescues do.For the life of me I cannot see taking a horse out of one bad situation and then flipping them quickly into another one before anything can be done to actually help them. The act of taking them is worthless if you can't actually apply help. .Makes no sense. So we fix them! Or do our best to. First we have a 30 day evaluation where they are observed and vetted. Usually, no horse is available for adoption after 30 days anyhow because we are just getting started with them. And we need time to address their physical and behavioral problems, so they stay in foster care a while until we feel they are ready to offer for adoption. Most need a lot of time just to heal. No overnight flipping horses here at CMHR. Ever.

I just mailed my $10 donation in memory of the best little Miniature horse who ever lived!

God Bless all of you for what you do!

I was just asked how we can vet a horse where he presently resides before coming into CMHR..

Simple. We call a vet in the area and set up an appointment for him to go out there to him. Our surrender form must be signed first to make him legally ours as we will not vet a horse that doesn't belong to us.

If he's sick, what then?

If he's sick, we have no intention of moving him to a foster home. In that case, we will get a vet to take him into the hospital. There is no way, repeat no way we are sending a sick horse to infect our foster homes.

Another question I had was: How do we know what to feed to begin restoring to health?

It depends on the condition of the horse: if he is foundered, or is just plain starved. We alter our feed plans accordingly.

Another one: How do we choose what foster homes get what horses?

In perfect world, we try to keep the horses as close to their own state if possible to save us on hauling expenses but that's usually not possible.

On the foster application some people are very selective about what kinds of horses they want. Some are set up with dry lots for nursing a founder case; others thrive on horses who need training, some only will take very gentle horses, and others just don't care what they get and will take any horse.

Thus, we need to collect a lot of money to operate diligently like this.

Thank you all who continue to donate.

WE HAVE A MATCH!!
default_firstprize.gif

Until tonight at midnight we have an anonymous donor who is going to donate $3 for EACH person who donates through paypal in the amount of $3 or more!!

So if 10 people donate $3 or more, they will give $30...20 people, $60!

This is a great way to make your donation worth more!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Please post on here your donation was made, do not need to put the amount but remember it needs to be for at least $3.

In the paypal message, please put Match $3 Mission.

Each donation no matter the amount is important! That donation today, more important!!

ONE WEEK TO GO!!

FOR PAYPAL: http://www.chancesminihorserescue.org/donate Donate button on lower right.

Remember, you can print a receipt right from the page after your donation is sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everyone who has kindly and generously donated to our 8th Annual $3 Mission of thanks! We couldn't do this without you! Our total donations received as of this morning is $719.00.....9 more days left to donate to the $3 Mission of thanks so let's see if we can hit $1,000.00....but remember we do accept donation year round!
default_yes.gif

~Tammie

CMHR Treasurer

Thank you all so very very much!! We still have time, midnight tonight!!!!

For every person who makes a donation of $3 or more, $3 will be donated for you!

Thank you to our private donor for this match!!
default_yes.gif

Gooooooooooooo, now...........hit that paypal button!!
default_xreiter.gif

REO, there will be one of those early next week
default_yes.gif

It will hopefully make Tammie run to her mail box each day!!

Paypal folks, you still have several hours to go!!
default_poke.gif
default_488.gif

It takes a lot of money for us to do our job. Please help us to continue. Thank you.

cmhr poster.jpg

Latest posts

Back