$3 Mission of Thanks; Thank you all SO much!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the weekend!!
default_xreiter.gif

Party time!!

Meet me at the Donate button!!
default_risa8.gif

I am thankful for the love of a wonderful family, my good health and that of my family, my beautiful home, each and everyone of my many furbabies, my awesome friends and for CMHR, I am truly blessed to be a part of this wonderful organization.

The first week of this wonderful $3 mission of thanks has come to a close......our grand total of donations received thus far is $612.00. We will also receive $9.00 from a generous donor for all of you 'thankful' posts that have been posted so far and for every 'thankful' post until midnight tonight so please take just a moment to tell us what you are thankful for....such a simple way to donate to the mission.

Tammie

CMHR Treasurer

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thankful that though money is tight I am blessed to have enough to help those in need just a little.

Payday today so putting in $3 for each of the 6 horses CMHR helped me get out of a bad place plus $2 just to make it even!!
default_smile.png

So many things to be thankful for. Mainly I am thankful for my health and the good health of my family--both two legged and four legged.

Much to be thankful for. Thankful for my husband, thankful for my Mom, thankful to be able to enjoy "too" many minis (there are 15 plus the mini jenny), thankful for my other furries and thankful to have internet out here in the sticks, so I can keep in contact with all my long-distance friends.

Our two rescue dogs (shelter dogs) are coming up with something...........What can they be up to?

I'm not sure, but our two shelter cats and our two saved from a warehouse cats are in on it!

I'm getting nervous!

I was asked to address another frequently asked question:

"You don't seem to have a lot of horses on your website. Why don't you rescue more horses?"

First of all, three years ago we had 36 horses in foster care all at once. That's a lot of horses. Presently, we have more horses coming in. We do not have them properly evalutated yet so until we get some factual and up to date information on them, we'll wait to post them.

We help a lot of horses each year. Sometimes very large numbers of horses. Not all horses we help have to been taken into our foster care program. When you hear of large seizures for instance, we're already helping them, quietly behind the scenes - if it is legitimate. Sometimes we hear things on the news, or sometimes people notify us of certain situations that require help.. We've helped horses out who were victims of hurricanes, bad storms, drought, you name it and we do what we can. We also helped a 501C3 rescue this spring who was robbed of all their supplies, so we did what we could there also. As long as its legit, we'll help if possible.Again, thank you all for your support.

Some other information I thought would be helpful.

When you pay by paypal, once the payment is confirmed, you can print your receipt for your donation for tax purposes. Making it much easier for everyone.
default_thumbup.gif

Less than 2 weeks to go!!!!!!!
default_xreiter.gif
default_xreiter.gif
default_xreiter.gif
default_xreiter.gif

You should have a paypal donation from me...
default_smile.png

Jan

Thank you all so much for sharing your stories of Thanksgiving!!

And to each of you, thank you for your donation and for caring this holiday season.

CMHR could not do it with out EACH of you.

Thank you!!

I think it’s every wife’s worst nightmare to be married to an abusive man. This woman was thrown out in the street with no place to go with her horses, and she had no money for a lawyer. She couldn’t get back onto her property and care for her animals who were also being abused by her husband. To make matters worse he then put his stallion in with the three mares, one of which was only a yearling, not quite two years old at the time. The owner was finally able to get them away somehow and we put them all in foster care.

The filly was Remy and was not nice at all. She would rear and kick at you, was hard to catch and she was pregnant. She was worked with and handled daily in foster care by CMHR Treasurer Tammie Miller and then she foaled safely along with the others. Her training continued and advanced and she and her little bad attitude finally turned the corner.

Remy was adopted and began showing this year. She is now a winning youth horse for a loving family. Then they got show fever and came back to us and adopted another one of our horses for driving, this summer and adopted PJ.

Remy xander.jpg

remy jumping.jpg

and here's PJ in the show ring too!

pj tammie show.jpg

1148050_4641614213126_1684768695_n.jpg

Here's Tammie and PJ

pj tammie show.jpg

cmhr1.jpgWE STILL HAVE THIS WONDERFUL BAG DONATED BY ANGIE!!

She does great work, and what a great way to display your ribbons!!

The first person to donate $35 to CMHR will receive this bag! I just know many of you have ribbons lying around!

You help many horses in need, and receive this ribbon bag.

Please post here! You can do it either by paypal, or let us know you will be mailing it!

Thanks so much to all!!

Robin has donated a show bow again this year! They really are awesome, a must have for the lady that shows!

http://www.rokominis.com/website1_013.htm

A donation of $15 gets a choice of bows! Robin is very easy to work with, choice of color and styles!!

The first person to post here, wanting the bow, it is yours!!

Thanks Robin for your support of CMHR!!

To donate by paypal: http://www.chancesminihorserescue.org/donate

Hoping for a great Sunday and with your help I know it will happen!
default_thumbup.gif

Less than 2 weeks to go!!
default_whistling.gif

Updated: This item is gone.

thanks

Are you a TSC Shopper? Here is your way to help and for sure receive something you NEED!

We have a $20 gift card to TSC, we all need something from there, eventually!

The first person to respond to this post with a $20 donation to the CMHR Mission will receive this gift card.

CMHR gains $20 and you get it right back!

Don't forget to respond to this post as to the item you are wanting!! Check the other 2 items above as well, great gifts!
default_488.gif

If you are not a show person, but know of one, the above items (2 posts above) would make an awesome Christmas gift for a friend or family!!
default_luck.gif

Hope all have had a good day and all who were in the path of so many storms today, I hope all are safe!!

Thank you to all who have helped with our mission!! You are appreciated!!

This girl came in 2 weeks ago. She came off of the slaughter truck and we were told she is possibly pregnant. We had her ultrasounded and thankfully she is not.

She is as unhandled as she can be so we put her with a wonderful foster home where we know she will learn her basics and get this little girl tamed down to become a very productive little horse. She is already being worked every day and by spring she may be driving.

Raspberry profile.jpg

REO Thank you for the bow donation.

Ladies, I showed for a million years and I wore those bows with the nets and also provided them for my youth students. They were not easy to find at the time but when I did, I bought a bunch of them. There is nothing worse when presenting yourself in a class with long hair hanging loose flying all over the place. Long hair should be pulled back and neatly secured. Make it nice and tidy with one of Robin's bows. You just open the net and dump your hair in. That easy. If you don't have a minute for a bun or a braid, no problem, just dump your pony tail right on it and trust me, it will look super nice. These bows are a must have, especially if you have girls with long hair and layers. They will save you moms a boat load of time and problems when trying to get your kid in the ring and look neat without having to add a hundred barettes and bobby pins and tons of hair spray. You can hide a multitude of hair sins by using these hair bows.

I still have one of mine and I wear it on Christmas.

We still have a few gifts available, please take a look, they are awesome!! First one to post here with the donation amount, it's yours.

Thank you to everyone for all you do and all you give!!

Did send a $20 donation...would love to try one of REOs bows as I have waist length hair that just will not stay were I put it!!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back