$3 Mission of Thanks; Thank you all SO much!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harvey came to us this fall, thus the name we gave him "Harvest Moon". He's an 8-10 year old miniature shetland approx 37 inches. This is a case of severe criminal confinement. He was contained in a 10 X 10 area with his son for as many years as you'd care to think. There was a 4 foot + mountain of manure pushed up and on the top of it they shoved him a round bale of moldy cow hay over the fence. That's it. No food, no shelter, no water, not even a bucket was seen nearby so I don't know what he did for water. His back bone was up, hip bone too, and a big belly hanging under it all and standng in manure with no clean place available.

His feet are a problem but he is not foundered. They grew way out and curled under his hoof and then continued to grow, locked up to the sole for lack of a better description. Obvously he had to learn to walk like that all his life with that mess stuck under there. With sedation, the poor guy had to endure the surgery getting the hoof removed from underneath which made him very sore as you can only imagine, so he was on pain killers for a week because he was hurting too badly to move.

We began de-worming very carefully because it was clear, that never happened for him at all. We had him vaccinated, and began feeding him slowly with Safe Choice and nice clean hay.He was not exactly halter broke, knows nothing at all, but he is doing pretty good with that now and standing nicely for grooming. Turns out from daily handling, Harvey is as friendly and as personable as can be.

Harvey was gelded today. He's gained some weight but he is far from where he needs to be. Back bone, ribs and hip bone still protruding but the belly has begun to deflate. He had his 2nd hoof trim and is hobbeling around learning how to cope and walk with his new feet.Its going to be a slow process trying to re-hab him but there is no reason to think he won't come around in time. He's going to make a nice buddy for someone to hang out with.

We have a lot of bills on this boy. Very thankful to you all for any help we can get.

His son was purchased so he's freed from that place too.

hARVEY BODY PIC.jpg

HARVEY FEET 1.jpg

Can we go another day on the Ribbon Bag???

We have a match!!

It sells at $50 and another $50 will be given as well. Check out page 4!!!

Share with a friend who shows, they need this!! Or a great present for your show friend!!

If you want to GIVE and get something in return, here's another item!
default_thumbup.gif

GIVE GIVE to help these horses that need help from all of us!
default_yes.gif

I already sent $ by paypal, but I am donating a showbow in choice of Sparkle colors!

These are worth MORE than $15 (you can't buy this quality in horse stores!)

Bid starts at $15 to CMHR (postage in US included, outside US postage is extra)

Come check out the bows and colors! http://www.rokominis.com/website1_013.htm

Can we go another day on the Ribbon Bag???

We have a match!!

It sells at $50 and another $50 will be given as well. Check out page 4!!!

Share with a friend who shows, they need this!! Or a great present for your show friend!!
I you are the high bidder, then I see no problem running it as long as you wish. Just set it and I will make the bag when it ends and I have the ribbons
default_giveup.gif
default_whistling.gif
default_yes.gif

Thanks so much you guys,. This is great and so generous.

Also I want to hijack this thread for a second ask for a ride right now since we are getting so many views here if you don't mind.

We have two geldings in foster care now for three years who no one has ever hit on, so we are going to relocate them to a more miniature horse oriented community where they have lots of activity. So they need a ride from Kimundy illinois to Wisconsin and we'll pay the going rate. Message me if anyone out there can haul them for us. They need to be moved before Thanksgiving. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the first week of our 8th annual $3 Mission of Thanks winds down I wanted to give another update.....our total of donations received has reached $549.00!
default_yes.gif

Thank you all so very much for your generosity! it is because of the kindness and generosity of all of you that we are able to do what we do for the horses. All of us here at CMHR thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
default_worshippy.gif

We have 2 great items up for bid! Please check at the top of page 5 and 4 for those items. Thanks so much to those who donate to help with CMHR!!

Both of these items are great for the show person, please take a look!

WE have a match, sorta!

We are nearing the end of our fist week, and we have someone who is going to donate a $1 for each person who posts on this thread as to why they are Thankful this holiday season.

That's right, all you have to do is post why you are thankful and someone will donate for you. They just enjoy reading all the posts of thanks, this person too started during our first mission.

Thank you again so very very much!!

It doesn't get any easier than this!! We do hope you will share with us all!
default_thumbup.gif

I'm thankful for the blessings of my family, the human and furry ones combined. Only 5 short years ago, we only had 2 dogs. I never dreamed of having anything beyond that. Yet today, as I write this, there are 5 beautiful horses just outside my window, 3 dogs laying around my feet, a hamster in the dining room (who knew this nearly phobic "hater" of rodents would actually LIKE a hamster?) and the most awesome cat, EVER, awaiting my arrival in the barn? You could have told me my future and I would have called you a fool. I'm so happy to be so wrong
default_smile.png

As the Blessed Christmas Season approaches, I am truly thankful that most of my extended family will be able to gather around my parents again this year. They are getting up there in age (86 and nearly 86) so every year is another year of Blessings. Also, all of those family members are enjoying continued good health as well. Me and mine are truly Blessed.

I would have to write a book for all that I'm THANKFUL for!

The tip of the iceberg is.......I'm thankful for my life, my health, my wonderful sweet husband who loves me and believes in me. My family! Both blood and the many "sisters" I have. All the many friends that care for me and keep me going when I've been hurt. My horses and home. And for my kitties and dogs, who love me too. And you all, my forum family!

The match for your reason of thanks goes through Friday at Midnight!

All you have to do is post as to why you are thankful this holiday season and someone will donate $1 for you to CMHR!
default_thumbup.gif

Yes it does need to be posted here, we will keep track. The $1 is donated only once per person.

They just love reading all that you are thankful for, and year to year learn about the members here by doing so.

You are helping just by writing a post of Thanksgiving! I too love to read them, I do hope you will share!

I am thankful for all of you!
default_yes.gif

cmhr.jpg

I would also like to take this time to thank Connie and Tim Ballard for their donation. They have made this stunning cup for CMHR to use as a display for events and other fundraisers!

It is so beautiful, thank you guys so much for your continued support of CMHR, you guys are the best!!

Please visit their site.

http://www.cherokeestables.com/

Oh goodness Connie I can't believe it. That is the most beautiful piece of art I've ever seen. I"ve never seen anything like it. It will be perfect to use at events and quite the most wonderful addition to any display. I can't thank you enough. Please send it to Tammie Miller. Her address is posted on page 2.

I am very thankful for my son Daniel who has grown up to be an amazing young man and daddy and the beautiful grandaughter he gave me, Lexis Claire Garrison. They gave me my life back.

Oct 6 2013 006.jpg

For the Thankful match:

I'm thankful for my wonderful hubby of 28 years and all my fur & feather kids.

I'm thankful that we may finally get our mini dream farm and that it's the LAST time we have to move!

For the Thankful match:

I am first thankful to God. I am thankful for my wonderful family, my mom, my daughter and grandchildren, my husband, who God has blessed this year, my health, my freedom, and all my friends near and Far.!

Until Friday: Someone will donate $1 for you to CMHR, all you have to do is post here as to why you are Thankful this year!

Just share with us your story as to what you are thankful for and our donor will donate $1 for each post!!

We need you for this, please share!
default_thumbup.gif

I do hope you will continue to share your reasons for thanks! What an easy way to get money for the Mission!

This donor has more to give, lets run her dry!
default_yes.gif
I am sure she would want us to!

Thanks so much to all of you!!

We are asking for only $3 per person, we think most people would be able to do that, and it adds up to a huge total!!

Payday tomorrow? Please include CMHR while sitting to pay bills, you are greatly appreciated!

To donate: you can go to http://www.chancesmi...scue.org/donate On the lower right hand side of the page is a Donate button that is used for Paypal.

Please put $3 Mission of Thanks in the notes.

Yes we still accept checks and money orders by mail:

Chances Mini Horse Rescue

5846 Craven Road

Emmett, MI 48022

Checks payable to Chances Mini Horse Rescue

Reactions: REO

Latest posts

Back