$3 Mission of Thanks; Thank you all SO much!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much Angie!! I know the previous winners had nothing but good things to say about these bags, and what a great use of ribbons!!

No doubt many have their ribbons tucked away in a box, what a great way to display, show them off!

Is there a way to put the horses name on the bag? Just wondering.

I would like to start the bidding at $10, I am sure will be beat, but Grand did well last year, would love a bag for him!!

Ok, the above ribbons bag is at $10.

Increase your bid here on this thread.

You may pay by paypal or send in a check.

A great Sunday item!

default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

default_xreiter.gif
default_xreiter.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. Can I do the first auction of the mission? If so, I would love do donate the making of a ribbon bag to the highest bidder. If the winner has their own ribbons, they will have to ship them to me (I will help you decide how many) and I will make the bag and pay the shipping to send it to you. If you do not have any ribbons, I have a bunch, but very few blue, red or champion ribbons so using my ribbons--while still pretty--will be mainly 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th place. If this is ok with everyone, let the bidding begin and the highest bidder on Tues, Nov 12 at midnight central time will get a ribbon bag.
I am posting this on Dave's name, but this is Dannigirl or Angie Foy
There is a $10 bid on this by Frankie and while I would love to make a bag for Frankie, this has a value of over $40 ($35 plus priority mail shipping of finished bag) so jump in here and bid. Only a couple of days left..

Thanks so much Angie!! I know the previous winners had nothing but good things to say about these bags, and what a great use of ribbons!!

No doubt many have their ribbons tucked away in a box, what a great way to display, show them off!

Is there a way to put the horses name on the bag? Just wondering.

I would like to start the bidding at $10, I am sure will be beat, but Grand did well last year, would love a bag for him!!

Ok, the above ribbons bag is at $10.

Increase your bid here on this thread.

You may pay by paypal or send in a check.

A great Sunday item!

default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Also over on FB, we have a challenge from a Colts Fan. If they win a private donor is going to match your $3 donation!
default_xreiter.gif
default_xreiter.gif
Not sure how I would put a name on it except to buy some fabric paint and paint a name on the bag. If the winner wants me to do something like that, it would be a slightly extra cost to buy the fabric paint as I don't have any, but we can talk. :)

ok--I like to help in bigger ways than I have money for. Now I am adding another auction--if that is ok. The booties in the photo are up for bid individually. You get to choose the color you want if you are the high bidder. I will ship these first class to the winner. They will fit women sizes aprox 7 to 12 or men aprox up to 11. These are great on cold floors this winter either by themselves or over your socks. They are also great when there is ice on the ground--just put them over your shoes and they cut the slipping down to almost none. We have a lot of inclines here and I use them whenever the ground is icy. They do stretch, but I don't know how big of a shoe they will fit. If you stretch them, you can get them back to shape with washing and drying in dryer.

The two pair on the right did not come out in color very well. One pair is navy blue and the other is burgundy.

Auction will end at noon--central time on Wednesday. High bidder will get choice of color and I will send them as soon as I get verification of you sending the donation. If the high bidder would like two pair or more, they can pay for two or more and I will send them--up to 4 pair. Let's have some fun. If you can't use these--think Christmas Gift.

So let's talk about the money- your hard earned funds that you are considering to donate to us .This is a very tight ship. We do not have funds to throw around and every single penny, I kid you not, is accounted for.

Tammie Miller is the CMHR treasurer and responsible for all monies that come into us. Every month she passes out the bank statements and pay pal accounts to the entire Board of Directors to review. If any Board Member requests any supplies such as ink for paperwork or stamps to ship supplies to a foster home for instance, they have to request it in writing and the Board of Directors has to approve it, even if it is for a $2.00 item, it has to be approved and a receipt turned in. It may sound a little picky but those $2.00 little items can add up.

Vet bills kill us. We get money tied up in our horses where they stand before they ever reach a foster home from the initial vet bill that can't even touch the potential adoption fee we may re-coup from that horse.. Tammie contacts the vet for any procedures we want done on a horse and I'll tell you from the get-go that no horse moves even around the corner without a health exam, coggins test and vaccinations. She gives the vet office a list of what we need done, and then gets a written estimate of the costs involved. If we feel its way out of line, we'll go to another vet to compare prices. That estimate is put in front of the Board so all members know what things are going to cost, and then Tammie locks in that estimate with the vet not to exceed that cost or procedures without our knowledge . Sorry to say but sometimes a vet will see an opportunity to stick it to us, which is why the written estimate to protect our funds. We recently had a vet exceed his written locked in estimate for a lot of money and Tammie caught it immmediately and straightened it right out. Tammie is brutal that way and we love her for it. She's on her toes and is excellent at scrutenizing the receipts.

Shipping kills us. Our foster homes are so few and far inbetween that horses who need us have to wait for us to locate someone with a trailer willling to haul throughout several states to reach a foster home. The cost of shipping horses has gone through the roof these past few years. A lot of them have gone out of business and trying to find a shipper with a disinfected trailer with horses that are not already sick on board is getting to be a very serious issue. Do not ask me how any vet can put his signature on a health paper knowing full well a horse is sick but it is happening more and more lately. Therefore, we are trying very hard to find individuals to volunteer to haul horses for us in their private trailers with no other load of horses on it, that has been disinfected. There is no way we are going to ship a sick horse to any of our foster homes or expose them to sickness along the way so this seems to be the safest way to do it. We pay the going rate for shipping/gas so if anyone wants to be on our list of people willing to haul for us please contact us at our email at [email protected]

Actually, anyone interested in adoption a horse pretty much can't go wrong with us. You know exactly what kind of horse you are getting from us and all problems are addressed, because we've got the vet reports to prove it.

Marty thanks so much for the explanation, I think it answers questions that many are afraid to ask.

I hope along with raising money, that this Mission also educates.

The mission has started slow, as usual, it always picks up as time goes by. I do know many wait to see if there is a prize they are interested in purchasing along with a donation.

Many who have attended the Mission before know there are several matches, and they wait to donate so their money becomes worth more.

Still, hoping for a great week to come!

default_xbud.gif

To donate: you can go to http://www.chancesmi...scue.org/donate On the lower right hand side of the page is a Donate button that is used for Paypal.

Please put $3 Mission of Thanks in the notes.

Yes we still accept checks and money orders by mail:

Chances Mini Horse Rescue

5846 Craven Road

Emmett, MI 48022

Checks payable to Chances Mini Horse Rescue

Don't anyone be afraid to ask a thing.

The only exception to that would be to bring public the name of anyone who surrenders a horse. We keep that 100% confidential. and you cannot drag that kind of info out of any Board Member. That rule of confidentiality is really to protect the horses. if people think they will be scrutinized for turning over their horses to a rescue and their name made public, they won't do it -and then who knows what will happen to the horse. It could be dumped at auction or some kill pen. Technically we don't care who has to give up their horses and what they did or did not do with them. Their name is with held and we will not judge them because it just doesn't matter. The horse matters, nothing else.

Anything else, ask away. Will try to field questions best I can.

Reactions: REO
Good Morning to you all.... so sorry for my delay keeping you updated on our totals but I have been busy watching my 2 year old granddaughter while my daughter was in the hopsital recovering from an emergency c-section.

Anyway without further delay our 4 day total is $477.00. This amount is actual donations received not pledged amounts. Not a bad total for only a few days. Thank you so very much to everyone who has donated! You are all so wonderful!!
default_thumbup.gif

Tammie

CMHR Treasurer

[SIZE=10.5pt]Statistics for 2013[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]We took in 6 horses in 2013[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Midnite[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Brownie[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Stetson[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Squirt[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Harvey[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Raspberry[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4 horses were adopted[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]PJ- Michigan[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Prize-Oklahoma[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Remy-Michigan[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Stetson-California[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2 of them were trained in foster care and became youth show horses[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Presently in foster care we have [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1 stallion (to be gelded this week) Harvey (Michigan) undergoing vet/farrier re-hab care[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2 geldings Bill & Sonny (Illinois) ready for adoption[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1 mare in foal Midnite (Oklahoma) on mare stare[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1 mare Raspberry (Connnecticut) in training and physical rehab[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4 horses on the way in[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2 from Ohio [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2 from Texas [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Pending 3 horses waiting on vet reports to advise[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1 Euthanasia - Brownie[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Present needs:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]A ride for two of our horses to be relocated. From Illinois to Wisconsin. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]A foster home in Texas[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]A sectretary. Email us for an application[/SIZE]

default_thumbup.gif
What a great first few day total!!!

Thank you all so very much!

Make sure to check previous posts for some items up for auction, those auctions end soon.

Marty thank you so much for providing information on what is going on at CMHR!

As you can see, CMHR is currently bringing in more horses, making this Mission so very important!!

Please consider giving your $3 today!
default_pray.gif

Words are not enough, but thank you all!
default_yes.gif

http://www.chancesminihorserescue.org/

We do want to make sure you know where your money is going. We want you to be educated.

Go to the above link and it will hopefully answer any and all of your questions or concerns.

While there go to the donate page and it will direct you on how to give.

Yes, we are only asking for $3!! Together, it makes a huge difference!!

Being thankful, $3 at a time!!

Becky, thank you so much, it is truly appreciated, as is each donation. We do like to know when people donate, we like to thank each of them!!

We do need more people like you, so hoping many donate now and do not wait until the last minute.

That has become more important the last few days as CMHR has taken in more horses and are very busy at this time.

A big Mission would make things so much easier for them, allowing them to do what they do best. Get the horses taken care of, vet checked, put in a foster home and most of all, healthy and happy!
default_worshippy.gif

Thank you to all!!
default_yes.gif

We still have a great item up for auction!
default_thumbup.gif

Please check the bottom of page 2.

Do you have a lot of ribbons lying around? There is a great answer to that.

Take a look at the bag made from your horses ribbons. A great way to share and display your horses accomplishments!!
default_firstprize.gif

Very personal, made from the ribbons your horse earned.

The auction starts on page 2, but more information is also on page 3!

A great value, and all money goes to CMHR $3 Mission of Thanks!

We are only asking for $3 from each person for the Mission. How to donate is listed on page 1, the original post.

We truly believe this amount is something each could do, we hope to hear from you!
default_please.gif

1. Can I do the first auction of the mission? If so, I would love do donate the making of a ribbon bag to the highest bidder. If the winner has their own ribbons, they will have to ship them to me (I will help you decide how many) and I will make the bag and pay the shipping to send it to you. If you do not have any ribbons, I have a bunch, but very few blue, red or champion ribbons so using my ribbons--while still pretty--will be mainly 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th place. If this is ok with everyone, let the bidding begin and the highest bidder on Tues, Nov 12 at midnight central time will get a ribbon bag.
I am posting this on Dave's name, but this is Dannigirl or Angie Foy
Not that I don't think Frankie is one of the best people in the world, but letting her have this $35 bag for $10?? Come on now. someone can do better
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
This bag is approximately 15" x 15" when finished. It may be larger depending on the ribbons that are sent. This is with the usual 1 1/2" wide ribbons. Some are as wide as 2" so that would make the bag larger. It is completely lined so you can fill it up safely (I carry my laptop in it) It can also be handwashed if needed. Ribbons are washable but some spot removers also remove the printing on the ribbon.

I agree! If you have ribbons pull them out of that box they are stored in and have yourself a unique and very beautiful bag to use!! What better way to get a one of a kind tote bag than helping to rescue and rehabilitate a little horse!

Between now and midnight tonight the first person who donates $50. for this offer... I will match it.

look they are gorgeous!

PICT00372-2.jpg

Mailed a check for $100 last week.Just wondering if it got there yet and is included in the total.Great work Chances does.When I do farm tours(not so much anymore)I always agree but stipulate they have to leave me a donation for Chances. Amount is decided by what they want to give.My time is valuable and most people are very willing once I explain to them what Chances does. I do not participate in Secret Santa since at my age I have way more STUFF than I need.My money for that goes to Chances.Keep up the good work all those who help in any way.

Bevann, did you know that some people request that their Santas send the $20 "gift" (money) as a donation to CMHR instead of sending them stuff?

Maybe you'll play next year!

I agree! If you have ribbons pull them out of that box they are stored in and have yourself a unique and very beautiful bag to use!! What better way to get a one of a kind tote bag than helping to rescue and rehabilitate a little horse!

Between now and midnight tonight the first person who donates $50. for this offer... I will match it.

look they are gorgeous!

PICT00372-2.jpg
Thanks!!!!

Back