2nd Place at the County Fair

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I was a little disappointed. I entered Dapper Dan, my driving gelding, in the County Fair pet show, talent category today. Dapper Dan stood up on his pedestal at the command "UP!" , shook hands, and stuck out his tongue on command very nicely. (I was afraid he might embarress me but he cooperated nicely. )

I know they are simple tricks. but we can't all be good at everything, can we? And after all, DRIVING is his main job!

We were beaten by a poodle who stood on his hind legs, while his mistress held a treat just out of reach, and twirled around a couple of times. She actually twirled the treat in a circle above his nose to make him go around.

Well, I ask you. How much harder is it to teach a horse to step up onto a platform, shake hands, and stick out his tongue, than it is to teach a poodle to twirl on his hind legs for a treat? I have to say, though, the poodle was wearing a very chic outfit.

It was also disconcerting that horses belong in the "exotic animal" category when competing on plain good looks.

We had several folks come up and ask about owning a miniature horse, so it was all for a good cause!

Congrats on second place. Darn that poodle
default_laugh.png
. Very funny story though
default_smile.png

I hear ya! Though, congrats!

I am a professional dog groomer AND canine ed manager.. Along with a horse owner (big and small) for numerous years. I have dogs and horses that can do multiple tricks.. I know the time involved with the horses, especially..
default_saludando.gif

Congratulations and you know WE all would have pinned you first!!!

Great way to show people how fun and nice minis are. Way to go!!!

party.gif
party.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn that poodle is right!

I would have voted you first place anyhow. Shucks.
default_firstprize.gif

You wuz robbed!

Your boy did a good job and showed people what a mini HORSE can do!

So he's a WINNER!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back