2nd Foal for Mtn Spring Minis!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lvponies

Reaction score
Poes Petite Pretender and Erica's Fight For Freedom are proud to introduce their first foal. Freedom is my bay pintaloosa mare. She's lost her first 2 babies (through no fault of her own) and is in foal for the first time to Max, my black pinto. She has a bag, but not totally full yet and was still expressing clear milk. Was going to put her under camera Wednesday night to start watching her figuring we still had some time to go. Fed the horses yesterday morning and all was fine. Freedom was in the barnyard pen with Raven & her colt. Worked all day and then went to the grocery store after work. Unloaded and put away the groceries and went down to feed. Freedom went into her stall and then back out again and kept smelling Raven's colt. Finally went into her stall and dug into her bucket. I noticed as she went in that she had just a little blood on her back leg. I thought, OH NO!!.....she's lost another one. I started walking the pen looking for the dead foal. As I walked around the round bale, there stood a baby!! Standing!! Not dead!! He was completely dry. I scooped him up and took him to his mom. The new baby is a colt and wild looking too!! He's a bay pinto, but maybe a pintaloosa like mom? I really don't know. I've never had a pintaloosa before. He has white across his back with little bay spots. Almost looks like paw prints?? Don't see any other appy characteristics, no sclera or mottling, but I know the mottling can come later. I've attached pictures so you all can tell me what you think. I apologize in advance for how large the pictures are!! Photo Bucket is not cooperating with me when I try to resize!! It was rainy & chilly here today so moms & babies stayed in the barn. The only pix I have so far are in the stall pix. Will get better pictures later. He's nursing and seems to be doing fine. I cannot tell you how thankful I am that she foaled on her own and everything turned out ok!!! WOW!!! Am I lucky or what??? Now we have to have a little talk with Max. His first 2 foals last year were colts and so far 2 colts this year. 3 more mares to go. Would really love a filly!!! I am just truly amazed and thankful that everything turned out alright!!!

FreedomsColt3-27-08002.jpg

FreedomsColt3-27-08005.jpg

FreedomsColt3-27-08008.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!
default_yes.gif

**Edited to fix picture placement.*

Last edited by a moderator:
What a cute little muffin you have!! Big congrats to you!! I am glad it turned out for you...

Missy

OOOHH!!!! I bet he is homozygous! Love those pawprints!!!!

Robin

Awwww, congratulations to you and wahoo for Mommy!!! Glad she has one to keep this year!
default_wub.png

Congratulations! I love all his color and thank God everything turned out this way after the first 2 not making it..

Congratulations! Kim!

He is really a colorful little cutie - what a neat way to have a foal - I am so glad everything turned out okay!

I'm so happy for Freedom, she deserves the chance to be a momma after losing her first 2 babies.

Hey thats a cute little guy !!!!!

Is this freedoms first baby?

Linda K

Hi, Linda! Freedom had 2 prior foals, but neither one survived. This little guy is her first live foal!! She's being a great mom!!

Thank you everyone for the nice comments on Freedom's little colt!!
default_yes.gif

Congratulations! He's a cutie! Love his color & markings.
default_wub.png
Glad everything went well!
default_yes.gif

~Rebecca

Latest posts

Back