24 hour LIVE feed of Watering Hole in Africa

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That warthog sighting was way cool! Did you see him walking on his knees eating...and actually hear the grass tearing as he was munching on it?

And the way the giraffes eat...they actually put their mouth around the twigs on the trees and then pull it through their teeth...stripping the leaves off.

Yep - I'm definitely hooked! I have my morning coffee in the African bush now. Thanks sooooo much for telling me about this site!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone see the baby giraffe? Pretty cool!!

It was neat watching the wart hog lie down in the water to take a snooze. Then the birds came and started picking at his back. It didn't bother him at all. Probably felt good!!

It's 7 a.m. Pacific and there are Impalas hanging around the brush......

Last night for over an hour -- between 9:30 to almost 11 pm things were pretty busy too! We saw monkeys, wilderbeasts, and more Impalas....

MA

PS: It's almost 7:10 am Pacific and now the Giraffes are back!

I have to say we are hooked here too! The kids were annoyed with me that it was on for two days and they'd seen nothing yet and they were sick of the "sound effects"! LOL!! Well, this morning, THEY finally got to see a LOT of critters, the most exciting were several giraffes (and we believe a lion, see my comments below) and they couldn't tear themselves away! LOL!!

I do have to say that it is sometimes frustrating because the camera operator doesn't always go where I want to see or seems to just not be there sometimes when it would be awesome to zoom in. My 5 year old was hollering at the screen several times for a close up and to follow those animals when they'd leave the screen and there was nothing left in the screen! LOL! We are fairly certain what we were seeing was a lion, however the camera didn't move for the next 15 minutes and then it was gone. :eek: :eek:

Oh well, it's free and totally awesome to see those critters, so I can't complain!
default_yes.gif
:

9 a.m Pacific -- Male Lion still there!

MA

Awesome!!! Altho it's nightime right now over there...I'm loving hearing the crickets and all the night insects! I'll be keeping tabs on it too. Thanks for sharing this with us.

O:kay, I have a question.. Mt son and I have been watching on and off for the past couple of hours. What is the glowing thing buzzing around? The first time we saw it, we thought it was a shooting star. But If you watch, it buzzes around everywhere.. Is it a bird, or what do you think??? :new_shocked:

O:kay, I have a question.. Mt son and I have been watching on and off for the past couple of hours. What is the glowing thing buzzing around? The first time we saw it, we thought it was a shooting star. But If you watch, it buzzes around everywhere.. Is it a bird, or what do you think??? :new_shocked:
I bet it is a moth of some type. With a camera that can see in the dark, it would make it look white like that. Or maybe it is a small bat? No... I bet large insect, especially since it kind of flies in circular patterns.

I saw three critters earlier that looked like black opossums, lol :lol: Don't know what they were.

Last night I saw two lions, it was really cool! And I love listening to the birds as it starts getting light. I'm addicted already!

MiniWrangler that makes two of us :bgrin :bgrin I'm just hooked
default_wub.png
:

it is dawn now you can see it start to lighten up to a new day, without the mud and rain, just sun!!!!!

the sounds and sights are awsome :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

Jodie, I've been wondering the same thing. It almost appears phosphorescent. I wouldn't think a moth could fly that fast...but you may be right Nila. Sure would like to know.

Hang in there Kay. There are definitely critters around there. Had to have been over 100 impala this morning. Anybody else see the moms grooming the babies? There were really some cute shots of mama's love.

hello,

i can't see anything right now it is white on my computer, but i can hear it.

eariler i could see it what happen?

thanks melissa

I think the brighter it gets outside then the "whiter" the screen appears. Around 5 am Africa time someone gets on there and switches it from black & white to color, then you can see great
default_yes.gif
:

Its been black for me each time I looked :no: can hear the insects etc, but cant see anything WAHHH!!!

Latest posts

Back