2021 Time to Drive!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a nice wide street for driving! Some people down the street from me were driving two teams of percherons today and they had their daughter following along behind in a car with flashers on.
Wish our roads were like yours!

9/2 - 35 minutes driving Rocko today.

We worked on transitions and then went out on the main road in the other direction today for a little ways. All was clear when we ventured out and down the road we turned around in a driveway and were standing waiting for a truck that had turned onto the road down the street and boy he jumped back when it came barreling past his nose! Drivers are so rude here. They could have given us a wide berth as there was no other car on the two lane road, but nope just go 60 miles an hour with little clearance. I am proud of him though the way he handled it. He startled and settled right away.

9/11 - 45 minutes for Rocko.

My husband drove Annie with us. She has such a big powerful stride that I get a really nice consistant forward trot out of him when he is following her. He is still on the lazy side.
I asked Barry Hook how he handles a lazy horse and he replied that they drive it as a pair with another horse.

Wow!! Driving in pairs for the lazy horse… That’s a great idea!! I’m gonna eventually have to learn how to do that….Stormy is as lazy and laid back as they come 🤣💕💕

Latest posts

Back