2021 Projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone gave me a whole pile of vintage Aunt Martha's iron on patterns. I picked out the mushroom pattern to work on. This will be a pot holder, and I plan to use a little larger design for an apron. This is worked on linen, but I'll use muslin for the apron. I'm enjoying the project. Listening to Christmas music or seasonal talks--so relaxing at this time.mushrooms.jpg

Beautiful work everyone! I use to really enjoy working embroidery, and remember the Aunt Marsha patterns but never created things like you do, Marsha!

A great Christmas gift for your granddaughter Willow Flats, a new skill and time with you!

That was a score! I bought embroidery supplies to give to my granddaughter for one of her Christmas gifts and she will be here for a couple of days so hoping she likes it so I can teach her the stitches. She is 9.
Mine was here last December for a few days and we did embroidery. I asked her recently about it, and she had forgotten the stitches and had not finished it. It was just back stitch. Maybe we'll get a chance to review soon.
Garden club is having a cookie exchange today. I made gingerbread cookie ornaments. Of course, I had to make some buttons. And there are horses in there too!

Attachments

• cookies.jpg
    cookies.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 3
The transfer I got has mostly back stitch and some satin stitch. There are a few french knots and split stitches. Probably have to do the french knots for her, and save that lesson for down the road.

Love the button cookie ornaments!

Back