2021 Projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone gave me a whole pile of vintage Aunt Martha's iron on patterns. I picked out the mushroom pattern to work on. This will be a pot holder, and I plan to use a little larger design for an apron. This is worked on linen, but I'll use muslin for the apron. I'm enjoying the project. Listening to Christmas music or seasonal talks--so relaxing at this time.mushrooms.jpg

Beautiful work everyone! I use to really enjoy working embroidery, and remember the Aunt Marsha patterns but never created things like you do, Marsha!

A great Christmas gift for your granddaughter Willow Flats, a new skill and time with you!

That was a score! I bought embroidery supplies to give to my granddaughter for one of her Christmas gifts and she will be here for a couple of days so hoping she likes it so I can teach her the stitches. She is 9.
Mine was here last December for a few days and we did embroidery. I asked her recently about it, and she had forgotten the stitches and had not finished it. It was just back stitch. Maybe we'll get a chance to review soon.
Garden club is having a cookie exchange today. I made gingerbread cookie ornaments. Of course, I had to make some buttons. And there are horses in there too!

Attachments

• cookies.jpg
    cookies.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 3
The transfer I got has mostly back stitch and some satin stitch. There are a few french knots and split stitches. Probably have to do the french knots for her, and save that lesson for down the road.

Love the button cookie ornaments!

Latest posts

Back