2021 Projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're both lovely, however....if you get bored with that Mystery Quilt, you just let me know. It will go PERFECTLY in my rustic house that I've finally moved into.😉😁🥰
We can talk, most are available, if not gifting (next project is my niece's grad gift). Still hoping to finish the Mystery Quilt in time for quilt guild on Monday, we had a hay run today, and of course it rained (hardly had any rain all summer, and it rains when we have to go get hay). When we got home, I did another round of quilting; which is all pretty simple, I don't do any thing fancy, so most of my quilts just show case the piecing pattern and fabric, not the quilting.

I left this little pinkeep cross stitch project for several weeks. Lots of Life in between. I got it out yesterday and finished the gold stars. I had my fabric chosen and measured to sew it up. Washed it, ironed it--but something wasn't quite right. Oh, duh! Missing a flag!
Luckily, I had not cut the linen, so I can still get the flag cross stitched on. That's what I get for waiting to finish it and having more birthdays..pinkeep.jpgI'm glad I noticed it before I sewed it all together!

I left this little pinkeep cross stitch project for several weeks. Lots of Life in between. I got it out yesterday and finished the gold stars. I had my fabric chosen and measured to sew it up. Washed it, ironed it--but something wasn't quite right. Oh, duh! Missing a flag!
Luckily, I had not cut the linen, so I can still get the flag cross stitched on. That's what I get for waiting to finish it and having more birthdays..View attachment 44590I'm glad I noticed it before I sewed it all together!
I looked at the photo first and thought how nice it looked. I didn't even notice! Good catch and nice work!

Luckily, I had not cut the linen, so I can still get the flag cross stitched on. That's what I get for waiting to finish it and having more birthdays..View attachment 44590I'm glad I noticed it before I sewed it all together!

Woah!! That is stunning! Amazing job :D

We have been working on an old family desk. Passed around in the family and a little worse for wear. Some bubbles in the veneer and a piece of the molding missing. Luckily all the veneer was still there. We repaired the bubbles--each one took 24 hours to do. Husband had a piece of red oak and routered a piece of trim to match, and we managed to stain it to match. Missing backplates to several knobs, so I found some comparable ones. I think it turned out nice. I'm using it in my sewing room now. Pankhurst desk.jpg

I haven't been sewing much. I've been cross stitching again. But yesterday I decided to make a turkey. It is a pattern from Stacy Mead. I've made it a couple of times before. This time, for the feathers I used a tiedyed fabric, instead of painting the fabric.
Also, my embroidered quilt top was ready! The lady whom I asked to border it was inspired. I'm meeting the long arm quilter today to pick a pattern, so it should be ready for a grand daughter by Christmas. I'll Show& Tell then.
turkey.jpg

And our annual Women's Friendship dinner was this week. That takes more preparation than one would think! I had ordered flowers for my arrangement two weeks ahead. When I went to get them that morning, the florist had nothing for me! The idea I had in my head for my centerpiece wouldn't work. I had to rethink it. I picked out some flowers I thought would work. Living far from town, it isn't easy to just dash home and get a different container, or scavenge the flower bed for anything not ravaged by the recent wind.
My theme was "the best mirror is an old friend". I thought it would be easy to find an interesting mirror to use for the centerpiece--not! I ended up using a tray I had with a mirror fitted into it. I found some darling Kraft boxes for the favor and made cookies. My cookies turned out too large and they made stains on the boxes. So I had to use fewer and wrap them in cellophane first. Good thing I ordered extra Kraft boxes.
Anyway, it was a lovely event, as always. The table I sat at had an elaborate Christmas theme and was beautiful. (Didn't take my phone in, so I didn't get a picture of it) the best mirror is an old friend 2021.jpg And I received several compliments on my table, even though it did not turn out as I envisioned it.

Well, he's quite the character! I also love the primitive hatchet on the wall behind him. Perhaps he's caught a glimpse of it, LOL. And is that antique barbed wire on the table behind him? Cool!
Old tomahawk. I never thought of that! Ha! And yes, that's barbed wire. It's on the wood stove--haven't fired it up yet this fall. I leave the barbed wire on the stove. And if I get rusty pieces, the heat from the stove helps to clean the wire.
My sister wants him, so that's good.

Thank you all for sharing. Nice work.

Latest posts

Back