2021 Projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is beautiful! I am a big fan of embroidery. My mother taught me to do it at an early age and I've loved it ever since.
Thank you for sharing your work!😊

I don't have a single thing to show! I have given everything I've embroidered as gifts over the years.

I used to do pottery and the same thing. I have only one small pot left. My instructor suggested taking pictures of all your work and now I am kicking myself for not doing that.

It's July, and time to start planning and preparing for the rest of the year.

Now that it's just myself and the animals, I'll be spending more time on *me* things. I've discovered that I like handcrafts, particularly wreaths are easy for me. I don't care much for the deco mesh type for myself. I'm more into organic materials.

I've a few things stashed away. As I get moved into the house, and get the second bedroom set up as my guest room and work area combo, I hope to be able to share my work here, too.

Marsha, I LOVE the colors and embroidery in that pretty little Bonnets quilt!! Maybe one day, I'll learn to sew too. That's pretty far down my list for the moment though.

One last thing....I need ideas. I'd like to take a bunch of stuff to Benson Mule Days in September. I'm thinking of some wood burned mule motif stuff. Wreaths. Any other ideas?

Some may remember the flower quilt top I showed last year. A group of older ladies were to handquilt it. They got held up over a year by covid. They called me several weeks ago and said they finished it! It was minimal quilting--just around the larger design--so I have been busy adding more quilting to it. I used the flower fabrics to do the prairie point border. Had to wash it, as I just didn't feel good about leaving it unwashed. finished.jpgquilt side.jpg

It's July, and time to start planning and preparing for the rest of the year.

Now that it's just myself and the animals, I'll be spending more time on *me* things. I've discovered that I like handcrafts, particularly wreaths are easy for me. I don't care much for the deco mesh type for myself. I'm more into organic materials.

I've a few things stashed away. As I get moved into the house, and get the second bedroom set up as my guest room and work area combo, I hope to be able to share my work here, too.

One last thing....I need ideas. I'd like to take a bunch of stuff to Benson Mule Days in September. I'm thinking of some wood burned mule motif stuff. Wreaths. Any other ideas?
I think the pyrography mule motifs would be super. Wreaths are always popular. Maybe you could stencil some mules on muslin to use as neckerchiefs.

Thank you for the suggestions Marsha.

My biggest challenges right now are getting motivated and organized. I've let a LOT of just basic work get waaaaay behind on my place the last 2 years. Thankfully, God is answering my prayers, and it's more painful NOT to move around, than it is to move around and do things slowly.

@Kelly what type of private plane does he have. And you sound like a high flying family. Fun!

I love your planes and the two of you are not bad looking either.
I got up to doing cross countries in a Cessna 152 many years ago. But I was learning to fly at a little airport that was in the TCA of Stapleton. That's fine unless you are out and the TCA drops and you cannot get back to airport on visual.

The most recent thing I did was to make curtains for a Cessna 410.
1626386776257.png

1626386815352.png

I've been playing with rattlesnake skin and buttons. I made one covered button, and then tried the skin on wood. I like the wood better. Talking to the guys who hunt snakes and make things with the skins has been interesting. This is a Western Diamondback "coon tail". It's called a coon tail because the stripes on the tail look like the tail of a raccoon.snake on wood.jpg

Latest posts

Back