2021 Projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished a gorilla and now I'm working on a unicorn. Yes, I know the unicorn traditionally didn't go into the ark, but my ark will have a unicorn. I have found some nice images, particularly in art as it is the animal of Scotland. I've tried contacting an artist who works in horsehair jewelry to see if she will make me a tail. Any horsehair workers reading this???? The tail, in lore, is more of a lion's tail rather than a horse. And the unicorn has a beard.

I finished a small quilt.
Bought a table runner kit and with the way they cut it and packaged it, I had enough fabric for the kit runner (the extra fabric was for the backing, but I used it to make 3 more basic table runners).
So, pictured are the quilt and 4 table runners (the runner on the right is the kit pattern, the other 3 are 10-minute table runners, no batting in them). The runners aren't quite finished yet, the kit runner needs to be layered, quilted and bound; the other three just need the ends tacked.

Attachments

• 2021 - 3 yard quilt - complete.jpg
    2021 - 3 yard quilt - complete.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 6
  • 2021 - table runners - 4 - not finished.jpg
    2021 - table runners - 4 - not finished.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 6
I bought a pattern for this Noah scene. I worked it on some Irish linen I had, which has rather a primitive feel to it. I did not realize the color choices for the pattern would look so different on my linen. Not good. So, I think I will go ahead and order the fabric suggested in the pattern and work it again. I rather enjoyed it, though I can't count worth a darn anymore and had to tear out parts of it many time

Attachments

• noah2.jpg
    noah2.jpg
    683.4 KB · Views: 7
I made my first frame all by myself. I used some old wood from a torn down house--I think it was from a door jamb. It already had a lip (I can't use a router). It's amazing how much length is needed because of the waste at the corners. My husband kindly did not laugh at my effort. But I think I will do better next time. I'm getting more comfortable with the miter saw. frame.jpg It suits my primitive decor.

Working on a mystery quilt for quilt guild. Got my individual monthly pieces done a little bit ago, and at the March guild meeting we got the final directions for assembly.. The directions are a bit sparse, but there is a picture, so fairly easy.
Here's my center block and the first round of blocks that go around it (not sewn together, just laid out for pic).

Attachments

• 2020-2021 - guild mystery quilt - center block.jpg
    2020-2021 - guild mystery quilt - center block.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 2
  • 2020-2021 - guild mystery quilt - center round.jpg
    2020-2021 - guild mystery quilt - center round.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 2
Working on a mystery quilt for quilt guild. Got my individual monthly pieces done a little bit ago, and at the March guild meeting we got the final directions for assembly.. The directions are a bit sparse, but there is a picture, so fairly easy.
Here's my center block and the first round of blocks that go around it (not sewn together, just laid out for pic).
That reminds me of looking through a kaleidescope. I don't know how you can figure it out!

That reminds me of looking through a kaleidescope. I don't know how you can figure it out!
The individual blocks don't show much by themselves, but put them in the right order and you have interesting pattern. Shoot, I don't have individual pics of the two blocks that make up the side and corner pieces for the blocks that go around the center block. About the only pic I didn't take while I was making the pieces.

Got a call that my flower quilt is finished. A group of ladies do handquilting. I dropped it off last March, but due to all the covid turmoil, I feel happy that it got quilted at all. I will pick it up on Wednesday. I plan to add more quilting detail to it myself, as their style is very basic.
Yay! Looking forward to seeing it!

Needed a project for when I worked at the polls so I got this little kit to embroider a baby blanket. I got all the blocks embroidered and put together. Now must go to a store and get border/backing material. I miss the embroidery for a lap project. But I picked up my big quilt and will be working on adding more stitches to it; the group does minimal hand stitching so I can personalize it by adding more stitches.

Attachments

• sunbonnet quilt.jpg
    sunbonnet quilt.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back