2020 projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandab

Reaction score
New project thread for 2020.

Been working on it awhile, don't have any pictures yet, but working on a graduation gift for my nephew. Don't think they'd see it here, but will still refrain from further info until after gifting.

That said, I finished a little project this year already. Last week, I picked up a scrap bag of pink fabric and one of beige fabrics at the LQS when I was in town. Already used the smallest pieces in the pink bag, I made 3 pot holders with the pinks (pulled a couple fabrics from my stash for binding and backing).

Attachments

• 2020 - pink potholders - from scrap bag.jpg
    2020 - pink potholders - from scrap bag.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 8
I love the hot pads. I especially love the hearts. Has anyone seen the new Ken Burns, PBS craft documentary on quilts? I don't have the patience to sew, let alone quilt. I admire those who do.

Those are nice! I have my pot holder pattern out but have not gotten around to them.
What craft? Crochet, knit, quilt, something else?
I don't have a pattern for potholes, as most are leftover blocks or pieces from full-size projects.

What craft? Crochet, knit, quilt, something else?
I don't have a pattern for potholes, as most are leftover blocks or pieces from full-size projects.
The top of my pattern is pieced. Then I put it together with heat resistant batting.
I've begun a crocheted baby blanket and still working on my prairie flower quilt, so have not got around to pot holders.
And getting sidetracked with button projects!! I edit our state newsletter and am working on a comprehensive project of buttons that imitate fabrics. I ordered an expensive text book that was supposed to have actual swatches attached to illustrate each fabric type. The swatches are there, but NOT attached! And they are not in order, so I've been working to try and get the swatches matched to the correct illustration. Losing battle, I fear, as I am not knowledgeable enough.

I am a button collector. Also like to make buttons sometimes. Gourd is very fun to work with and I've made quite a few gourd buttons. Someone requested a Santa and a snowman, so I made these. Gourd is rather like working with wood.
Those are so well done. I wouldn't have guessed they weren't wood. I didn't know gourds were used for buttons,or that they would be sturdy enough to use. You are very talented!

Still no pictures, but I have 3 tops completed, will take them to quilt guild sewing night later this month, so I can sandwich and pin the layers to get them ready for quilting. I have a table runner in the works as soon as I feel good enough to sew; I've had the flu for over a week. [Two weeks or longer probably, but only saw the doctor a week ago.]

Still no pictures, but I have 3 tops completed, will take them to quilt guild sewing night later this month, so I can sandwich and pin the layers to get them ready for quilting. I have a table runner in the works as soon as I feel good enough to sew; I've had the flu for over a week. [Two weeks or longer probably, but only saw the doctor a week ago.]
Sorry you were under the weather. All the folks I know that have that flu have had to go to the dr. They seem to get better, then relapse.
I am close to finishing my flower quilt top. I'm putting a brownish sash on the sides with appliqued sunflowers. I found a church group of ladies who do hand quilting! I am planning to work with them on the quilt so I can at least say I helped with the quilting.

Sorry you were under the weather. All the folks I know that have that flu have had to go to the dr. They seem to get better, then relapse.
I am close to finishing my flower quilt top. I'm putting a brownish sash on the sides with appliqued sunflowers. I found a church group of ladies who do hand quilting! I am planning to work with them on the quilt so I can at least say I helped with the quilting.
I missed last month's sewing day, but made this month's, it was today. I had 4 tops to layer and baste to ready for quilting. I don't make very large quilts, so they were all various sizes of lap quilts; from rather small to almost twin size.
I did see a doctor, got antibiotics and a couple other meds. Still get a bit tired if I over do it, so I've been doing as little as possible, while trying to keep up so I don't get too far behind, as it's so hard to catch up in the winter.

I finished one of the quilts I started before the flu sidelined me for several weeks.

Attachments

• 2020 - pink tone rail fence variation.jpg
    2020 - pink tone rail fence variation.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 6
I finished one of the quilts I started before the flu sidelined me for several weeks.
I like that touch of blue very much.
Was supposed to go to the quilting group yesterday with my flower project. But I worked at the voting poll on Tuesday and I was too worn out. I should have the quilt top finished by the time they meet next Wednesday. I'm appliquing on the last side panel now.

Finished the quilt top. Not sure what to back it with. When I go to the quilting group, maybe they will suggest something. It's laying on a queen size bed.
What for backing? As in type of fabric? Or color/pattern?

Latest posts

Back