2019 projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My younger sister expressed a wish for a sock monkey. The very next day I found two kits at a thrift store. These little critters are harder to put together than one would think! I've taken his whole face off twice, trying to get it spaced nicely. I made a mistake and cut the first sock wrong, so he doesn't have his cap. I'll have to devise something.

My younger sister expressed a wish for a sock monkey. The very next day I found two kits at a thrift store. These little critters are harder to put together than one would think! I've taken his whole face off twice, trying to get it spaced nicely. I made a mistake and cut the first sock wrong, so he doesn't have his cap. I'll have to devise something.

Pictures, please.

OMG! That's too cute. I think I like his hat just as it is, it adds character and sets him apart from other sock monkeys.

Women's Friendship Dinner coming up. I plan to use my Franciscan Strawberry Fair dinnerware. For the centerpiece, I'm planning to use a lantern on a rustic cake plate with real strawberry plants and fresh strawberries. I made felted wool strawberry emeries for the favors. They will sit on a jar of strawberry preserves. Have not decided yet how to dress the jar and emery. Maybe scarlet ribbon and green tulle? Probably make a little label to tell what an emery is an perhaps a little friendship saying.
Open to creative ideas!strawberry emeries.jpg

I make doll clothes for my granddaughters, and in this case for a local community playhouse to use as props in a play.
This is one of the dolls that will be in the play and the type of clothes she will be wearing in a "doll store" in the play.
She will have shoes later.

70017726_2687265124618643_567317960931147776_n.jpg

@Marsha Cassada I love your sock monkey. You made him very cute and I don't see anything wrong or made do (the cap you say) on it.

At this time I mostly use velcro. Easier for small or older hands to close. But, I'm thinking of using some snaps as I did before velcro.

At this time I mostly use velcro. Easier for small or older hands to close. But, I'm thinking of using some snaps as I did before velcro.
They need to learn to use buttons and snaps, for motor skills. But velcro sure is easier for the seamstress!
I remember tearing some doll clothes that had snaps because I did not know how to unsnap properly as a child. There is a knack to getting snaps apart sometimes. I find old doll clothes in auction boxes that have the fabric torn at the snap. The fabric is weakened there because of the thread and when jerked apart, it is hard on the fabric. Can't really repair that kind of damage, either.

Back