2019 projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandab

Reaction score
Might as well start a new projects thread for the new year.

I'm working on an exchange block project for quilt guild. We made and exchanged triangle pieces to be used in any project we want. I had enough triangles to make 6 blocks plus I made 6 plain blocks to coordinate. Still working on it, need to add two borders then layer and quilt.

Attachments

• 2019 - quilt guild triangle project - block 2.jpg
    2019 - quilt guild triangle project - block 2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 2
  • 2019 - quilt guild triangle project - border.jpg
    2019 - quilt guild triangle project - border.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2
I'm working on a panel quilt next. Actually got the panel by mistaken, so ordered some discounted pre-cut coordinates, and I'm putting something together.

Attachments

• 2019 - sew be it panel quilt.jpg
    2019 - sew be it panel quilt.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 5
felt food.jpg That's cute! Skeps are among my favorites.
I got a pattern to make felt food. I had wool to make two pieces, to see if I would like the pattern. It's fun and easy so I have ordered wool to finish the set. It is a hamburger with deviled eggs. So far I have made the patty and two pickles.

felt food2.jpg I got the tomato and bun finished. when I ordered the felt, I forgot to get white, so had to spend more $$ getting white to make the onion. Can't have a hamburger without onion!
Chandab, did you see the paperdoll quilt? It is an appliqued doll on a child's quilt and extra outfits can be ordered to go on it. Looks really cute! https://paperdollblanket.com/

Finished the bee quilt and sent it off to it's home.
Been working on this quilt as you go project for myself for too long, and I still have a little to go, but here's a picture of a 1/4 of it.

Attachments

• 2019 - QAYG - blue for me - 4 section done.jpg
    2019 - QAYG - blue for me - 4 section done.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 4
My big, frustrating project is done, and I love it, mistakes and all (it's for me).

Attachments

• 2019 - QAYG - blue for me - front finished.jpg
    2019 - QAYG - blue for me - front finished.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2019 - QAYG - blue for me - back finished.jpg
    2019 - QAYG - blue for me - back finished.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 7
I don't know how quilt as you go works. It looks really nice!
I've begun an applique quilt project. It will take me a loooonnng time, but there is no hurry.
Starting to get my button competition cards ready. They are mind-bending.

My big, frustrating project is done, and I love it, mistakes and all (it's for me).
I love it too, blue is my favorite color. Did you enjoy this method of piecing at all or find it more than just frustrating, I have never tried it.

I love it too, blue is my favorite color. Did you enjoy this method of piecing at all or find it more than just frustrating, I have never tried it.
I have little patience to start with, so this tried my patience. It was sewn/quilted block by block, then each block sashed together. I sashed into rows, then did quarters, then the last couple sashes to complete it; I did not follow the directions exactly, and I don't think it would have made a difference if I had. I'll link the pattern I "mostly" followed, so you can check it out and see if it's something you want to try. I think for me it would be better, to perhaps make in larger sections, then sash those together; rather than block by block. Block by block was lots of pinning and lining up and sewing lots of seams.
http://quiltingdigest.com/finish-th..._0Z4Icf8goNK_PRUgATNC1qkhgeB1nB3u7ymySLCxYFFY

Two quilts completed and a third almost done, just binding left.
All three are available.
The red and white is now about twice as wide, I think; the pic only shows 3 rows, but I can't remember how many rows are in it.
The purple as white is now completed and to be bound shortly; it has a row of borders around it not pictured.
And the horse quilt is complete.

Attachments

• 2018 - candy cane quilt - 3 strips.jpg
    2018 - candy cane quilt - 3 strips.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 3
  • 2018 - TT neutral horses - top complete 2.jpg
    2018 - TT neutral horses - top complete 2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 2018-2019 - Jack's Star start.jpg
    2018-2019 - Jack's Star start.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 3
I used to make a lot of dolls but have not made any, except for grand daughters, for several years. I was recently inspired to make one with a gourd head. All hand sewn of vintage fabrics and stuffed with locally ginned cotton. Necklace is dried crab apples. Not finished accessorizing; I want to make her very garden-y. Maybe a wreath of herbs on her head/basket of dried flowers/??

Attachments

• gourd head.jpg
    gourd head.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 6
I used to make a lot of dolls but have not made any, except for grand daughters, for several years. I was recently inspired to make one with a gourd head. All hand sewn of vintage fabrics and stuffed with locally ginned cotton. Necklace is dried crab apples. Not finished accessorizing; I want to make her very garden-y. Maybe a wreath of herbs on her head/basket of dried flowers/??

So cute, you are so talented. I wouldn't have the patience for dolls, sometimes I don't have the patience for quilts, which is why I make small ones.

I got the unders made for the doll. I bought a long john shirt and used the sleeve. You cannot buy that stuff by the yard around here any more. I made her a wreath out of herbs and her gourd basket holds a bird nest. I am planning to make her a grungy seed bag to hold also. She is sitting in the high chair my dad and his brothers used. My dad was born in 1924; he was the baby.

Attachments

• gourd doll.jpg
    gourd doll.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 13
I got the unders made for the doll. I bought a long john shirt and used the sleeve. You cannot buy that stuff by the yard around here any more. I made her a wreath out of herbs and her gourd basket holds a bird nest. I am planning to make her a grungy seed bag to hold also. She is sitting in the high chair my dad and his brothers used. My dad was born in 1924; he was the baby.
Love it. And her little hand on the basket so sweet.

I got conned into making more wheel chair bags. I have one more to make; the guy requested a football team motif and we haven't found the fabric yet. I need to take time to make an actual pattern.

Attachments

• wheel chair bags.jpg
    wheel chair bags.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 3
Do you recognize those Jumping Jacks, Cayuse? I probably got them in an auction box. I have the shoes that my siblings and I wore; their condition isn't quite as rough as the gourd doll's. That child/children must have toddled many a mile in those shoes.

My mom has my "baby picture" still framed and out on display. I do believe I am wearing something very similar to those shoes. Not identical, but close. I was about maybe a year old give or take. I bet mine were not new and probably were hand me downs from cousins.

Latest posts

Back