2016 projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is an 18 inch doll and an Annie's crochet pattern. I have the second one done my way and just have another hat to crochet and the third will be finished. Will post a photo when they are finished.

Can't wait to get back to quilting!

I had a lot of time to crochet as I twisted my ankle really bad last month. So here are the 3 finished doll outfits. The first is true to the pattern but I improvised on the other two. Just a little change here and there to the pattern.

I am so glad that my ankle is healing and that I can finally get downstairs to my sewing room!

AG3Elves.jpg

I had a lot of time to crochet as I twisted my ankle really bad last month. So here are the 3 finished doll outfits. The first is true to the pattern but I improvised on the other two. Just a little change here and there to the pattern.

I am so glad that my ankle is healing and that I can finally get downstairs to my sewing room!
I don't think I could do the dress, but I'd like the pattern for the hat. That might be within my skill level. Where did you find the pattern? The green/red combo is so festive!

Annie's crochet pattern ~ it is on this page, just scroll down.

I am always learning new stitches and I have learned front and back post stitches. This contains a few. The hat is pretty easy. The points on the collars were new stitches to me but I just followed what they had written. The skirt of the dress is all marked up on my copy where I had to count the stitches and mark them to get it right. After the first one, it was a lot easier. I am glad I made 3 - one each for the granddaughters even though the youngest is not into 18 inch dolls yet. It is done and will be put away until she is older.

Working on this quilt.

Not sure if I want to go with stars around layout, or every other layout; I might be one square short of the heart fabric to go every other (I only have about 1/2 yard of it).

2016 - ryans quilt - layout 1.jpg2016 - ryans quilt - layout 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, I'm thinking I like the every other, and I think I can get just enough heart fabric to do a 4x4 layout.

My son got the tools to work with coins. He's making several interesting things, such as gremlin bells for motorcycles. He made some buttons out of dimes for me, as his first experiments. I decided to make an AG coat, using the buttons. I wanted to put some fur on the boots and cuffs, but it didn't turn out, so I had to make new ones. Not sure how to attach fur to doll clothes.

He also made this bird out of silverware.

dime coat.jpg

spoon bird.jpg

Really cute coat and boots. Nice that he thought of making you buttons!

Got the binding on the other OK map quilt. This was the one I sent my applique piece to the quilt guild to piece. She did The Road To Oklahoma pattern.

Also had an idea to make some barrettes out of some gourds and buttons. This is a gourd I planned for an ornament but made into a barrette.

ok quilt.jpg

gourd barrette.jpg

Working on this little quilt, right now, have the top done, the green will be the binding.

2017 - ryans quilt - top complete.jpg

And, then this is my next project, might have to tweak the coordinates for it.

2017 - dianes horse quilt - fabrics.jpg

Had to rework the horse plan, added a color and dropped a couple colors and found a simple pattern that showcases the horse print.

2017 - dianes horse quilt - pattern trial 2 - 2.jpg

This was my first pattern, and the color blocks detract from the horse print:

2017 - dianes horse quilt - pattern trial 1.jpg

You're right. The horses look better "framed".
I couldn't put my finger on what didn't look right with the first pattern I tried, so posted on my FB page and a couple friends commented that the blocks detracted from the horses, even the colors are right, it just wasn't the right pattern for that focus fabric.

Latest posts

Back