2016 projects

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the crochet quilt thing. I love it! My hope it that It will bring a smile to a shut in this Christmas season. This was made from fabric scraps and baby yarn.

crochet%20quilt.jpg
Need a love button for this one, it's gorgeous.

Lois that quilt is absolutely gorgeous. Marsha that's a good idea for a fall decoration, love it... husband brought in a couple gourds this year that he dried and all I could think of was to make bird houses out of them.

I had printed out a leaf instead of words, but it didn't look good with the orange lights inside. I wanted to use a leaf so it could be fallish without being a holiday. I'll try another gourd using the leaf. I like onion skin paper.

Birdhouses are good, too!

I just finished this top, and if I'm able, I hope to take it and the elephant top to town tomorrow for a guild sewing day to get the layers pinned and ready for quilting. [it's raining, so harvest is on hold for a day or two.]

2016 - dianes - blue-grey-tan quilt - top done.jpg

I started crocheted potholders. Need to get 3 sets made...maybe 4.

Also took time yesterday to thread my serger, change the needles, and get it back to adjustment. I actually read the manual and learned more about this intimidating machine. It is noisy and it is fast and it works great now. Just have to oil it and it will be ready when I need it.

Still haven't gotten any quilting done. I have two tops waiting to be quilted. Hope we get a rainy day soon.

I got one top quilted, need to get a second done. Hopefully, I'll have some time this afternoon to work on it.

Very pretty, Marsha. I can feel the wind when I look at the pattern...little flowers in the ascending blocks in the nine patch. Love your choice on the back fabric.

I think I have a pattern somewhat planned and here are the fabrics for my next project. Will likely drop the grey, and the stripe will likely be the backing.

dianes zebra quilt fabrics.jpg

Got a block done. I'll make as many blue blocks as I can, then add plain zebra blocks until I have the size I need. May or may not add a border, will cross that bridge when I get there.

2016 - dianes - zebra quilt - first block.jpg

I got a wood burner and have been playing with buttons. I made this bat button out of gourd. I needed a bat for my simile collection, and the bat buttons I liked got too expensive. And some bat buttons are too macabre. I wanted one that was more natural historyish. Working with gourds and the wood burner is fun! The simile is "blind as a bat".

gourd bat.jpg

I love everyones projects. So much talent. Marsha inspired me to break out the wood burner to make a new farm plaque for the farmers market. Wish I used stencils rather than free handed. I also finished tanning my cowhide rug. I am very happy with the way "Wilbur" came out.2016-10-16 10.33.41.jpg2016-10-16 10.34.06.jpg2016-10-16 10.35.02.jpg

Finished the top today, will quilt it as soon as I have time. [Hoping to go to quilt guild's sewing day next Friday to pin the layers together, those tables are so nice to work on.]

2016 - dianes - zebra quilt - top finished.jpg

Back