2014 Maple Hollow Foaling--Belle**FILLY!!!!! 6/14****

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! Knew you'd soon be around Diane once the magic words were spoken!!

She's absolutely gorgeous Melinda - so dainty and pretty.
default_wub.png

Thanks everyone. She is a doll. She did not get any tobiano from her dam, the star I would suspect would be from sabino which I strongly suspect both parents to carry, Monte has a tendency to throw stars on a lot of his foals. The light shading in the rib area is typical of black foals, just a bit lighter although she does have some white appy spots behind her "elbows" too. Her dam has only thrown her Tobi on one foal (her first) all the rest she has just thrown appy. Here are her foals in order of when they were born. :D The first two are Echo babies and the second two are Monte. Only bred 2 mares to Monte this year.

DSCF8361edit.JPG

DSCF7460edit.JPG

DSCF4623.JPG

DSCF7436edit.JPG

Some more pics....inside and with cell phone so not the clearest, just too cute not to share :D

Also Ebony is FINALLY starting to bag so hopefully that means she is jealous of her sister's baby and now wants her own LOL! Also her belly has dropped too, she was carrying a lot higher but now is definitely drooping and looking more bred then before.

Also Missy and Diamond are also bagging so will be switching mares around once it is clear who is going to be more serious first
default_smile.png
ELady and Babe/filly will be switched off at that time probably too. I think ELady is going to wait until her normal foaling gestation which should be early to mid april.

1010312_10202423307921992_1739271104_n.jpg

1374281_10202423308602009_1022112597_n.jpg

1379674_10202423309122022_786029176_n.jpg

1450118_10202423309562033_421562019_n.jpg

1531731_10202423308242000_349714649_n.jpg

1688072_10202423308842015_1642686283_n.jpg

1932403_10202423310882066_1545197384_n.jpg

1947862_10202423310442055_2088604727_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is ebony tonight. ... shows how her belly has dropped down and a bit forward. .. just hoping she doesn't take forever to finish getting ready and drive me more crazy lol

20140319_133845.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures Melinda - love her little rug! You are so luckyto have that lovely big barn area for the babes to scamper around in when the weather is too bad for them to get outside exercise.
default_yes.gif

Good luck with the rest of your girls - Ebony is looking good!

Ebony looks great! Looking forward to all the little ones coming! You have quite a few arriving if memory serves!

I went ahead and brought Missy in the barn last night so she can get used to her stall. She usually takes a few days for her to settle down so dont be surprised by pacing, head tossing, and tail swishing going on for a while LOL! She is carrying my first Remmy baby so I am beyond excited!!!! She is 318 days today. She foaled at 321 days with her previous foal but was not the same cross

Also I am trying to decide on a name for my filly out of Babe and by Monte. I have been calling her BabyDoll but dont know if I will stick with that or not. Her name has to start with Maple Hollows and then I also would like to have Montes but could live without that part if someone had the perfect name but not enough space for both.

Here are the ones I came up with but just not sure if any of them are 'right':

Maple Hollows Montes Razzle Dazzle

Maple Hollows Montes All That Glitters

Maple Hollows Montes Galactica

Maple Hollows Montes BabyDoll

I want something that will sound good in the show ring so keep that in mind too :D Thanks in advance!

I am taken first by "Razzle Dazzle" ! I think that sounds very 'tempting' in the show ring!

I am convinced that my mares are never going to foal LOL... Ebony isnt surprising that much that she is taking longer as my maidens generally do have the longer gestations but at least she is finally starting to bag so I dont have to worry so much about that! Missy is driving me gonzo, she has a nice large udder, just a little loose since she spends so much time pacing but she is due anytime by previous gestation and carrying my first Remmy foal so I am a bit anxious to see it LOL! I am going stir crazy watching mares, dealing with the cold and a cold, just going to be a very long spring :p. Mom and I are both loving our first foals though, both are friendly, playful, and just great fun to be around! I just always cant wait until I have multiple foals at my place as I just love watching them interact with eachother!

checking on your girls, they all look fine tonight!! They certainly do pace a lot, back and forth, back and forth maybe they are all driving each other crazy watching themselves!!! lol I hope you see some foal action soon and I hope to be watching when it happens!! I'll keep you on the prayer
default_pray.gif
list for safe deliveries and healthy babies!!! Im sure they all will be beautiful!!!
default_yes.gif

Funny, I had checked your cam for the last several days, just waiting to see what was going on. And nothing was 'moving' -- just some nice plump mares going about their grazing of the stalls.

Keep us posted, and I'll keep sneaking a peek!

Well I rearranged again so probably got everyone all excited again LOL. I brought Diamond in and put her in the left stall, she has a pretty large udder, still needs to fill out more as her nipples are still pointing in but other than that very full and firm. Since it is kind of yucky and rainy out I didnt want to risk leaving her outside. Ebony still working on her gradual progression of her udder and Missy staying pretty consistent with her fully yet not quite firm udder. Nobody looks ready but with the low pressure tonight, I will still be keeping an eye on them
default_smile.png

Back