2010 Pinto World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinisOutWest

Reaction score
I just saw stall reservsations were posted for the 2010 Pinto World Show. YIPPEE !! Bad news- Stalls are up to $205 each. And the minis classes are strung out from the beginning to the end of the show. June 8- 19. But I am cutting out all my Katy TX AMHA shows so I can go to the Pinto World Show this year!!! Gonna call my friend down at Pinto and see what they think the entry fees might be this year per class.

$205 STALL FEE?!?!?!
default_new_shocked.gif
OMG! That is high! I have a couple that I think would do great at Pinto Worlds, but I don't know if I can swing that or not. Especially since I have 10 show horses.

I know this will sounds like sour grapes but Pinto has NO appeal to me. I went last year. Spent a WAD of $$. IMO, it's not worth it. Way back when they used to give the Jerald cart there was something to shoot for. Now the high point is an easy entry cart and for the cost of classes and stalls I could have probably BOUGHT TWO! It's the same way here in this state at the local shows. They want LOTS of money to show. They have 4 to 6 judges and sometimes have an "all day" fee but they only have 2or 3 classes for the minis so the "all day" doesn't do me any good. It's still way more expensive than AMHR shows and not as much fun.

We won't be making it this year. Not enough time off to cover all the shows and it conflicts with the Area V show in TX which is closer and a futurity show. Gotta go where the money making is possible.

I plan to be there with 4-5 horses at least. We'll just be there for the day, so day stalls for us.
default_smile.png

Day stalls for us too. we should have......Let's see......Renaissance, Beyond, annie, Wings and maybe Daniela. UGH! that's going to be a scramble if we are as far from the show arena as last year. Maybe the Petersons will be there again to play hitching post?
default_biggrin.png

Charlotte

Day stalls for us too. we should have......Let's see......Renaissance, Beyond, annie, Wings and maybe Daniela. UGH! that's going to be a scramble if we are as far from the show arena as last year. Maybe the Petersons will be there again to play hitching post?
default_biggrin.png

Charlotte
Man, I wish Indy would grow some white so she could go with you, too! Maybe I can move her white socks up a little higher????
default_wink.png

Sigh...I won't be going. It is just too far from Oregon for me to make the trip. I can not justify it. I friend from Washington State wants a few of us NWers to get together and go in 2011. She will haul and we can fly. We'll see. It would still be very hard to justify the costs of a trip like that.

We have been wanting to go really badly but I cant understand why they keep spreading out the mini and pony classes. That is just nuts! I cant afford to stay the entire time and have nothing to do for days. I was really hoping this year they would put the mini pony classes back to certain days
default_sad.png

I went and looked and at least they have the mini/pony halter classes all the same day

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]Charlotte, you can bet that we'll be there! Love, love, love that show, and we think we've persuaded some friends to bring their horses, too.[/SIZE]

It's January, and I just wish we didn't have to wait so long, but the anticipation is sweet!

I think we are finally going to make it! Some dear friends of ours show paints to minis! We just got our trailer all redone, so they are taking there small 2 horse with their QH mares. We will be taking 2 stallions, maybe 3 plus a few mares. They have a camper, helps with our lodging and we shall see what happens. Also look for me to be Showning his QH Paint under English saddle.

Latest posts

Back