2010 Driving Events in the Wisconsin area

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhineStone

Reaction score
Yesterday, I created a page on my website of dates of 2010 driving events available in Wisconsin and surrounding areas. Included are clinics, trail drives, and competitions. Some of these events are more "participatory" and some are very spectator friendly. Each event has a link to their website for more information. All are "mini-friendly" except for the Iron Horse CDE (the hazards are so big that mini drivers would get lost, but it is an AMAZING event to watch!!! They draw excellent drivers from all around the country and Canada!)http://rhinestone-ridge.wikispaces.com/2010+Driving+Events+Calendar

http://rhinestone-ridge.wikispaces.com/201...Events+Calendar

For participatory events, I highly recommend the Three Gaits Therapeutic Horsemanship Center fundraiser open show. They have seven $6 driving classes with 5 obstacle classes including Line Driving Obstacles to "warm up" horses or those whose horses aren't ready to be put to at a show yet. It is a good show for both beginners and experienced alike.

For spectator events (if you are not ready to show "prime time" yet), the Columbus Carriage Classic and the Villa Louis Carriage Classic are "Spectacles for the Eyes"! Each has classes for VSEs all the way up to Four-In-Hands and Drafts. The competitors are friendly and welcome questions (unless they are trying to get ready for a class).

I am not part of the Marketing Committee for any of these events, I am just really enthusiastic about the opportunities available this year, even with the slump in the economy! I will add more events as I find out about them.

Myrna

Boy am I jealous, you have a ton of driving events in WI. It was nice to see you added Skunk River in Ames, IA to your list. They also have a Games Galore in Oct. that is a blast. Isn't there also one in Mason City in September?

I am usually a lurker, but just had to say Hi to you Myrna. I went to the ADT at 3G's in Ames in Feb. and stayed with Earl and Mary. You came up in conversation about all your great advice on the forum and they said you were just as nice in person and I should really go to the WI shows just to meet you. JUst thought you would like to know that.

Donna

Thanks, Donna! That's good to know that people think that way! Earl and Mary are very nice, too! Actually, I don't know of too many drivers that aren't! Yes, you should come to WI! The Villa Louis show is just across the Miss. River and is about four hours from Des Moines.

I have just added info about two shows in Iowa that have just been posted to the ADS website. The Mason City show has been moved and redesigned (I think). The organizers had an issue with the grounds manager in Mason City, so I understand. We usually went to Harvest Moon (the one that moved to Mason City). We haven't decided if we will get to either or both this year. The IA shows tend to be pretty reasonable in cost, but the fuel can rack up.

I added Games Galore, too. If there is anything else that anyone wants to pass on that is happening in the Midwest area, I will add it, too!

Myrna

Thanks so much for putting that together! I hope to go to some of those event this spring and summer.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back