2009 AMHA World Show - Amateur Division

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimomNC

Reaction score
I would like to take time to send a huge thank you to JSW Farm, Mr & Mrs Whitt and Jonathan for their sponsorship of all of the AMHA World Show Amateur Jackets. Without them, I wouldn't have gotten a jacket for my win. They give a lot to this industry and especially to AMHA and I am very thankful they choose to do so. They also sponsored more than several of the World Show classes. So Thank You for making sure all of the amateurs got their jacket for their wins, I know I am thrilled.

default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Jan

Wow, they are very generous
default_biggrin.png

A definite thanks from here!
default_saludando.gif

Jonathan Whitt has always come off to me by all appearances as a gracious, wonderful person. He seems to work really, really hard to do what he does with his horses. It is always very inspiring to me to see someone achieve what he has at the level that he has as an amateur. The generosity and sportsmanship shown by sponsoring the jackets and the number of classes that the Whitts have is really incredible, and the industry would be a lot poorer without their involvement.

Karen you are class all the way!
default_biggrin.png

I think it's wonderful that JSW and Quintessa sponsor all those jackets. They certainly do alot for AMHA!
default_yes.gif

I just got home tonight, and thrilled to have been at the World Show. I love my horse, have I said that before??? yes I have, many times. But he is wonderful and I am so proud to have him. I am also proud to wear the AMHA World Show jacket with my name, his name and JSW Farm logo on it. They are truly wonderful people and we have a great time with them at the shows.

(Oh, I love my horse AND the jacket he won for me, LOL)

I watched as Samantha showed and she did very well. Congratulations on all your wins.

I did hear the same names mentioned over and over as sponsors , how wonderful to have such dedicated people to the organization.

Congrats on your wins.

But I saw something that broke my heart. The last multi color stallions class, a little old man won it, him n his wife were so happy, they were on cloud nine. So off to the jacket vendor they went. and Tioga told them, I am sorry, the open jackets were not sponsored this year, so you don't get a jacket. they looked at each other with the saddest eyes and said, we cant afford to buy one and sadly walked away, I was almost in tears and still think about it now. wish I could find out who they were, get the money together and get them a jacket.
default_no.gif

I thanked Jonathan and told him about the lovely post you started on LB. I hope Jonathan and his family truely knows how much we really appreicate him sponsering the jackets. I love mine!!! Thanks again!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Minisoutwest-

Which class was it? Please find out- I'd be happy to try and see if between some of the people on here we could get it together to order a jacket for them. Your post almost made me cry.

I took the time to personally tell Jonathan and also Mr Whitt how nice and generous it was of them to sponsor the jackets! I got my very first one with Raven in Ammy and I was THRILLED! It was very, very generous of them to do so much for the show!

I got a chance this year to spend a little time with Johnathan and his parents. I can not say enough how down to earth and wonderful they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have done so much for AMHA.

Quintessa has contributed the jackets for all of the clases for many years. AMHA is a wonderful industry because we have people like them and the Whitts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to those jacket winners and I am so JEALOUS!
default_laugh.png
But always happy to see some of our Ammys leave the show with them.

AMHA members are so fortunate to have farms who are dedicated to our breed and so willing to help make those wins extra special.

Charlotte

p.s. angela, can you get more info on that multi-color class winner?

You can probably call AMHA to find out who showed the horse, which was reserve world champion in the same class last year. But the name listed on the AMHA online studbook doesn't match a name for a little old man. Could be he was just showing the horse or just bought the horse, but either way someone will have to contact AMHA to get all of the details.

Latest posts

Back