2008 NW Beach Drive

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!

Come join us in Long Beach, Washington for

the Pacific NW Beachdrivers 3rd Annual Beach Drive

September 5-7, 2008, and bring your horses!

Minis both in-hand and in cart, ridden full-sized horses, driven horses of all sizes, and horseless mini-lovers are all welcome. This is an informal gathering of friends who camp at the Peninsula Saddle Club rodeo grounds for three days sharing knowledge, flapjacks, good times, and laughter.

Come for the weekend or a day (or just stop by to say hi).

Informal clinics almost always spring up and there's a nice dirt track in the meadow for impromptu harness races when the tide's in. This year we're adding barrel racing and cones, and whatever games people can come up with. We may even do some practice driven dressage tests just for fun.

When the tide is out there's sunset beach drives and lots of lovely photo opportunities.

For the non-horsie members of the family there's

plenty of oceanside shopping and a classic car show along with the usual go-karts, kites and other fun.

Come join us for a wonderful weekend getaway. New friends are always welcomed and we're really trying to expand the group this year. For more information you can join the mailing list at:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/beachdrivers/

Hope to see you there!

When the tide is out there's sunset beach drives and lots of lovely photo opportunities.

OH yummy Susanne! I'll grab my thong and be right there!
default_drool5.gif
default_drool5.gif
default_drool5.gif

Sadly not sure if I am going to make it as I had planned? Looks like DH...who is also my driver... has a high chance on being out of state for his job during that time. Sigh ~~ Nothing written in stone yet. Am still crossing my fingers I can make it there for at least an afternoon to visit with everyone!!!

Ah... To much info Marty....
scared0016.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
OH yummy Susanne! I'll grab my thong and be right there!
default_drool5.gif
default_drool5.gif
default_drool5.gif

Too funny Marty.

As Susanne already knows I won't be attending. Would love to just can't right now. Hoping to be able to go next year. By then we will have at least two trained and capable driving horses. Of course my daughter now owns both of those. I hope you all have an absolutely wonderful time though. Aw! wonderful sunsets at the beach.

I remember those. I grew up at the beach. Good Ole Tillamook Oregon and Tillamook Cheese. Playing on the beach and exploring the cave/tunnel at Oceanside. Riding the cows thru the pasture for fun and giggles. And yes I did say cows. What wonderful critters they are believe me if I knew then what I know now they would have been in harness.

Imagine the cow having to plow their own stupid field or haul in their hay for the winter.
default_rolleyes.gif

Well you guys have a wonderful weekend and I will be thinking of you. Tell Mingus to be a good boy and he will get a big surprise when he gets home. His gift should be here by then.

Well off to feed the group and then time to get ready to go to work.

Marty, We'll pick you up at the airport -- what's your ETA?

Marie, Mingus' ears pricked up -- now we're all dying of curiosity!

WOW! Susanne you are the one who is providing him with the gift. Just didn't want to announce it on here that is your place to do. Silly Girl!
default_unsure.png

*LOL* I'll be there and can't wait. I feel like a traitor not bringing Spyderman this year but it's an incredible amount of work hauling and fixing all his "soup" so he can eat and for once I'd like a little time to actually, you know, DRIVE?
default_wacko.png
I'll just have to find time to ride him a couple of nights here at home before I go so he doesn't feel so left out.

See you there!
default_saludando.gif

Leia

Okay Susanne stop hitting yourself in the forehead it isn't healthy. Vicky and I have finally set a time for Sunday morning to hitch up and drive Ariel. The neighborhood should be very quiet on Sunday morning and the weather should be very comfortable for Ariel's first drive.

If you guys aren't busy tomorrow and need something to do I'm looking for help to change out the fence by the new gate I installed for Jimmy and Koda Bear. Vicky will be at work and Darrin will be sleeping. God knows Duckie won't be any help. After that is done I can remove the electric fence and actually use my new gate. It could just be so much

fun.
default_laugh.png

*LOL* I'll be there and can't wait. I feel like a traitor not bringing Spyderman this year but it's an incredible amount of work hauling and fixing all his "soup" so he can eat and for once I'd like a little time to actually, you know, DRIVE?
default_wacko.png
I'll just have to find time to ride him a couple of nights here at home before I go so he doesn't feel so left out.
See you there!
default_saludando.gif

Leia
Sorry I'm going to miss the whole thing. Maybe next year. Could you maybe dump your message box trying to PM you and it is full. You will all have so much fun next weekend. I'm certain Spyderman will forgive you. Besides he can use it against you all winter long.
default_whistling.gif

Marty, I will if you will, now that would be a shocker! LOL
default_risa_suelos.gif
Seriously aww that life were perfect and I was there!

Maxine

We have room in our van to pick up several from the airport -- but you'll have to ride with Mingus...

Latest posts

Back