2008 Congress Potluck Luncheon

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen S

Reaction score
Hi All

It is time to think about the 2008 Congress Pot Luck Lunch again!! Everything has been so up in the air with the high cost of fuel, that it hasn’t been until recently that Karen & Jim, and Wayne and I have definitely decided we will be attending Congress this year, and doing the luncheon. So this notice comes a little later

than normal...The time and date are JULY 31st at or close to NOON. For those attending Congress for the first time, this is a tradition that Karen, & Jim and Wayne and I started 7 or 8 years ago. We welcome everyone to come and enjoy the great food, and fellowship during Congress, to meet new people, renew acquaintances with old friends, sit and swap stories about our great ponies. In the past we have fed close to 400 people at this lunch, so you see we need LOTS of donated food items.

If you know of any one that will be attending Congress this year, that would like to participate in the luncheon, that doesn’t have email, please pass this information on to them so they can participate by bringing a dish and join us, the only requirement is to bring a dish....in the past we have had some wonderful delicacies furnished...We would prefer food to cash, however cash will gladly be accepted! A $5.00 donation is asked if you will be eating, and not furnishing a dish. That donation can be given to either Karen or myself...prior to the luncheon, and goes to purchase what we are missing for food, and the paper products used. A lot of love and effort goes into putting this lunch on, but it wouldn’t be possible without all of you helping with your dish donations...Lets make the 2008 Pot Luck Lunch the best one yet!!!

The meat this year will be Bar-B-Que beef sandwiches and Smoked Sausage pieces.

We will need the following items, or anything else you can think of to bring.

Hamburg Buns;

Dill pickle slices;

Sweet Onions slices;

Potato Salad

Macaroni Salad

Hot Dogs for the Kids

Hot dog buns

Mustard

Relish

Ketchup

All sorts of pickles (Lewella???)

Tossed Green Salad with dressing

Fresh Fruit Salad (Belinda???)

Cheese Tray (Jackie & Stuff????)

Pasta Salads of all kinds

Baked Beans

3 Bean Salad

Watermelons

Cantelopes

All Kinds of Desserts

Cakes

Cup Cakes

Pies

Cookies

Or any special dish you are noted for, or a special food item from your area of the country.

And any thing else in the food line, as what makes this Luncheon so great is the wide variety of food we get.

Please answer this email with the food dish you will be furnishing, so I can compile a list to see what we are lacking.

And can pick it up at the grocery store...We will have the refridgerators for the things that need to be kept cold.

We look forward to seeing the new facility, renewing old acquaintances, & making new ones, please come up and introduce yourselves to Karen & I...

Sharron & Karen

Sharron & Karen, (What are you wearin'?)

Hello, my sweeties. Glad to see that y'all are keeping this tradition going. The fat guy will bring some cookies. (I'll buy some more once I get there because I'll probably lose most of them on the drive up.)
default_eat.gif

Can't wait to see you there.

Sharron & Karen, (What are you wearin'?)

Hello, my sweeties. Glad to see that y'all are keeping this tradition going. The fat guy will bring some cookies. (I'll buy some more once I get there because I'll probably lose most of them on the drive up.)
default_eat.gif

Can't wait to see you there.
Mikie....What would you LIKE us to wear? French maids outfits?.......NOT...This old gal has lost her French Maids figure to time and gravity....so I will be wearing my usual smile.....See ya at Ada & Congress!!! Karen will have to answer this question herself....But then you know she is pretty conservative....

Sharron

Latest posts

Back