2007 Foaling is done & SevenAcres Farm is Moving!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebiM

Reaction score
HI Everyone!

It's been so long since I've been here and I have missed you guys. I can't begin to explain all that's happened this long year since David's accident last July. I feel like I'm coming out the other end of a long tunnel & am finding sunshine again!
default_smile.png

I've kept up with a lot of your happenings through other people. I know there are many Congrats :aktion033: I'd like to have given through Foaling Season but there never seemed to be time to get here. I had one of my best groups yet at SevenAcres and hated not having the time to share & brag to you guys. :bgrin :aktion033:

I've sold the place and will be moving the farm up to Union Parish. For right now I'm leasing until I'm sure where I want to buy. We've leased 40 acres and my horses will be beside themselves! LOL

Many of you know that I lost my Herd Sire Hidden Hollow Mathew last Fall. It was a huge blow to me personally as well as the farm. This year we had some awesome last foals by him & had the joy of sharing in some of his older foals Show wins. I have to brag a bit & show you Katy & Mathew's 06 Filly whose doing great in Australia. This is a picture of her latest Supreme winning. I couldn't be prouder of Nettie or her! Congratulations, Nettie & SevenAcres Mathew's Precious Lady!

ladysupreme-1.jpg

Guess what?? I'm a grandma!!! Our first grandchild was born last Wednesday & she is of course the most beautiful baby in the world! Here's a link to her nursery pics: Anna Marie Murphy

I'm glad to be posting again and hope that I'm back to stay with time to keep up with all of you as well.

Missed you!

Debi

Last edited by a moderator:
So good to see you back Debi! We've missed you!
default_wub.png
:

Debi,

Nice to have you back! A GREAT BIG CONGRATULATIONS on Anna Marie Murphy!!! She is just adorable!
default_wub.png
: You are going to LOVE being a grandma!! The minis are wonderful but grandchildren are just the very BEST!!

Congratulations also on Mathew's 06 Filly - Nettie! She is a beauty and deserved her wins!

Enjoy that precious little granddaughter!
default_yes.gif
:

Hi Debi! So wonderful to hear that cheerful note in your voice. Your grandbaby is so precious. Nothing like a new baby to give us old folks new life. Congratulations on all the changes and additons to your life.

So glad to hear from you again Debi, and also soooo HAPPY for you that you are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. CONGRATULATIONS on your new granddaughter...how exciting that will be for you!
default_yes.gif
:

Deb, you know I am glad to see you are working your way through that tunnel and finding the ray of sunshine that you deserve. I know that tunnel it's a long dark place to be.

I'm thrilled to hear about your new grandbaby.....that really will bring a new joyful beginning to your life.

WOW! I can just imagine how spoiled you'll have that baby. Fun!

I'm so happy that you have Mathew's foals to carry on; perfect!

Now, the question of all time...........

Are you now going to be known as "Forty Acres?" :aktion033:

Luv Ya Much Sister
default_wub.png
:

Welcome back! :aktion033: :aktion033: Sounds like things are finally turning around for you. :bgrin Your granddaughter is beautiful!
default_wub.png
: Enjoy spoiling her and introducing her to minis!

Yay, so nice to hear that you are doing well and are excited about your new house!!!!!

It was such a horrible thing when you lost Mathew. We all knew how much you loved him, and his filly is beautiful! And a big congrats on the baby girl!

:aktion033: Welcome back and big congratulations on your new grand baby, grandchildren bring a special joy to our lives
default_wub.png
: Also beautiful filly, love her eye, spectacular colour.

Yvonne

Thank you all for the warm welcome back! It makes me want to hug each of you, that's how good it feels being back!
default_wub.png
:

Hi Ya, Marty! :saludando: I've thought abt changing the name but hate to lose the connection with my registered foals. Right now I might just add a plus after SevenAcres. LOL

In addition to the new place and new grandbaby I have a new/old BOYFRIEND! I'm dating my other high school sweetheart! We broke up in my Junior year and the reunion has been magical. I feel like a kid again at 50! :new_shocked:

It was a year July 2nd since the plane crash that killed my husband David. In some ways it seems like last week while in others it seems years ago. I've had two surgeries, Christy another major one at MD Anderson, I lost Mathew as well as the old stallion Trios Manilla. The mares got a virus in late winter causing them to lose 5 of my foals for this year. They were negative for Rhino so we're not sure what happened. I had a baby boy two months earlier that made it after intensive care then another born with seizures whose Mama rejected him. Those two kept me hopping for weeks. Sadly I lost the seizure baby after a massive one when he was 3 weeks old.

So much going on that when I look back I wonder why I'm still sane! :eek: But I made it, I'm feeling great again & ready for living thanks to all my friends and family.

Debi

Hey there my friend! :saludando:

I don't think I'm able to convey with words just that I want to say to you. But know this, my heart is smiling really BIG with happiness for you!

I'm really proud of you, the way you have come through this last horrid year. It would have broken most. And I know that David is watching down on you and is very proud of you too!

Enjoy that precious grandbaby and your boy friend, your 40 and your LIFE! :aktion033:

May life be easy and only wonderful from now on! You deserve it!

Honey, you've been in my thoughts and prayers always and I'm SO glad you posted this! This made my month! I'm so happy for you that I have tears running.

{{{{{Debi}}}}}

Robin, thank you for the touching response. You know I love you as well, friend.

Debi

Hi Debi

Its good to see you back! I think of you often and have kept you in our prayers! You have come through so much! I am so glad to hear things are looking up and how good you are doing, you are an amazing person, I am sooooooo happy for you!!! (((HUGS)))

I havent read all the responses yet although I am sure everyone is so glad to have you back but want to say how much I respect and admire you.

Your strength is amazing and something we can all learn from as we gripe about small day to day things

Not only did you make it thru but you did it with dignity and grace

WELCOME BACK!!!!!

Edited I wrote grapes instead of gripe.. can you guess what I am having for breakfast LOL

Last edited:
Thank you, Gena.

Oh, Lisa, you touched my soul today. There were times I felt so low that I just wanted to rant and rave at the whole world. I'd manage to find me a hidey hole during those times to get it all out then plug along again. I was so blessed to have a loving family and dear friends. You guys also sent cards and called giving your support. I'll always treasure the gift of love from so many people. HUGS to you, Lisa.

Debi

Oh Congratulations Debi. It sounds like you are having a lot of sunshine in your life and I am so glad to see that you are feeling the warmth. Good luck on the move.

Sounds like things are looking up now!!!

Latest posts

Back