2 Fillies in 2 Days

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayJay Farm

Reaction score
Our first filly of the year arrived a few weeks early, but is doing well. Parents are Bond bred Black mare, Kates Sugar Plum, and Hall of Famer Lone Star Cheyenne Warrior, appy bred son of Komokos Chief Spotted Wolf.

spfilly-2.jpg

Of course, this made our other mare decide to hurry up. These mares have now foaled within 36 hours of each other two years in a row.

Second fillly arrived yesterday right on time. Gorgeous tovero pinto filly from Johnston's Gold Boy daughter and our first foal from Brewers Classic Cabernet, AKA Wino. We have been waiting for this one and are surely not disappointed.

cocoafilly-1.jpg

Congrats!!

I love that tovero filly!
default_wub.png

Congratulations, Mellisa!!! They are beautiful!!

Now let that filly fairy go and send her up here to me!! I've had 2 colts and have 3 more mares I'm waiting on. Would really love a filly or 2 or 3!!!

Congrats on the beautiful fillies. Now share the filly fair please..
default_biggrin.png

They're both beautiful!
default_aktion033.gif
Just out of curiousity, what makes the second filly a tovero and not a tobiano/sabino/splash or whatever? Educate me!

Leia

They are both so lovely
default_wub.png
Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Joyce

They're both beautiful!
default_aktion033.gif
Just out of curiousity, what makes the second filly a tovero and not a tobiano/sabino/splash or whatever? Educate me!

Leia
I am not a colour expert at all but as I understand it both descriptions are accurate. Overo covers several patterns including splash, frame and sabino so saying a horse is tovero is a less detailed way of describing it while saying it is a tobiano/splash/sabino would give the reader more detail. Sometimes it is hard to know which overo patterns a horse carries just from looking.

Those are foals to be proud of for sure. I love buckskins but oh my that is a pretty little pinto. Congratulations!

That's my understanding too. Great explanation! I always have to ask! I need the filly fairy for one more mare due any day but will gladly share.

Congrats on your little fillys. They are so pretty.

They are both BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would be proud to have either one of them.
default_wub.png
We are waiting on one mare to foal right now. Another one a little bit later. Getting anxious seeing all the pretty babies on here.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back