1st time at Nationals! Kids did great!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigrc

Reaction score
This was our first trip to Nationals and my kids did a great job!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

I must first thank Dale and Roger of Florida Show Time Training Center for everything they did for us! They are GREAT trainers and my kids love them. We would have never been able to do any of this without them!!
default_aktion033.gif

I must also thank everyone that let my kids show their horses - Michele, Christine, Keely, Torrie & Shelby and The Owens!! I appreciate it more than you know!! The kids love all the horses they showed and hope to continue showing them next year!!
default_biggrin.png

And of course thank you Jennifer, Kay and Donna for putting up with the kids all week!!
default_worshippy.gif

I will start with my 11 year old - Alex. She was unable to bring her own horse but did a great job showing other horses.
default_risa8.gif

Here is how she pinned:

3RD - Youth Halter Sr. Gelding, 8-12, Over with Michigan's Rags to Riches (Aunt Michele's horse)

3RD - Youth Halter Sr. Mare, 8-12, Under with Cross Country Stargazer (Torrie's horse)

3RD - Youth Halter Sr. Gelding, 8-12, Under with Springer Farms Step A Side (her brothers horse)

5TH - Youth Co. Pleasure Driving 8-12, Under with Springer Farms Step A Side (her brothers horse)

7TH - Youth Showmanship 8-12, Over with Buckeye WCF Classical Lightening (Keely's horse)

Next my 7 year old - Devon. He showed his own horse and a few other horses.
default_new_multi.gif

Here is how he pinned:

NATIONAL CHAMPION - Youth Halter Sr. Gelding, 7 & Under, Over with Michigan's Rags to Riches (Aunt Michele's horse)

NATIONAL CHAMPION - Youth Halter Sr. Mare, 7 & Under, Under with Cross Country Stargazer (Torrie's horse)

NATIONAL CHAMPION - Youth West Co Pl. Driving, 12 & Under, Over with Buckeye WCF Classical Lightening (Keely's horse)

RESERVE NATIONAL CHAMPION - Youth Showmanship 7 & Under, Over with Buckeye WCF Classical Lightening (Keely's horse)

RESERVE NATIONAL CHAMPION - Youth Halter Sr. Gelding, 7 & Under, Under with Springer Farms Step A Side (his horse)

RESERVE NATIONAL CHAMPION - Youth Halter Jr. Gelding, 7 & Under, Over with Lucky Four Buckdeluxe Buckadandy (Torrie's horse)

3RD - Youth Co. Pleas Driving, 7 & Under, Under with Springer Farms Step A Side (his horse)

5TH - Youth Showmanship 7 & Under, Under with Springer Farms Step A Side (his horse)

Devon also won the Reserve High Point Youth 7 & under in the show!! How great is that!!
default_thumbup.gif

My last one is my 2 year old (yes you read it right - 2 years old) daughter, Emmarose. She was a difficult one. She was in 2 classes and only made it into one. The first one 7 & under youth gelding, she was dressed, ready with horse in hand and when she got up to the ring she decided she didn't want to show. A little frustrating but what can you do. So she was a no show in that class, but she did go into her 7 & under youth mare class.
default_488.gif

Here is how she pinned:

3RD - Youth Halter Sr. Mare, 7 & Under, Under with FPF Pitter Patter (Shelby's horse)

Not bad for a 2 year old and there were 5 in the class so even better!! I was happy and so was she!

So for our first show at Nationals I think the kids did great!! We had a lot of fun and no one wanted to go home!!

I am so proud of my kids and couldn't have asked for more. :love

The other kids in our barn did great too!! We had 2 other Reserve National champions and 9 other Top Tens just by the youth!!

What a great job all our kids did!! The amateurs and trainers had a lot to live up to after all our kids were done showing!!

They all did great too!! Our barn ended up with a total of 43 Top Ten wins, 8 Nat. Res. Champions and 3 Nat Champions!!
default_firstprize.gif

What a great show!!
default_cheers.gif

You should be proud Giggy. All the kids were great. I told Christine and Mark's daughter Tory I need them to teach me how to do showmanship.

Roger and Dale have done a terrific job with them and their horses. Hope to see you all soon.

Ruth

I am so glad you enjoyed your first Nationals!! I don't think we met but I did see your Youth showing and they all did very well
default_smile.png
You probably saw me in the 13-17 classes or talking with Roger and Dale, I just love those two. I would have a hard time saying any different than you on them being great trainers. They are both so nice, kind, and PATIENT. I'm so glad that you are with such wonderful trainers
default_laugh.png
Once again, Congratulations on such a fantastic Nationals.. you must be SO proud of your kids!!!

Macy

Im so glad u posted!! I have been busy downloading pix all night and about to run out of steam BUT tomorrow u WILL be getting a ton of Kids pix and you can post them on here then. Ok Michele are u gonna post your kids??????? Get busy Moms u have some great kids!!!
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png

WOW!!!! That's great!!!! And I applaud you for not forcing your daughter to go in the ring. I hate to see parents do that. Showing needs to stay fun if they are going to stay in it!

Latest posts

Back