1st Foal for Amazing Grace Miniatures - It's a FILLY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tam VanderWerf

Reaction score
Announcing the arrival of our first foal of the 2009 season....

WonderFilly08.jpg

This little girl was born at 7:50 last evening. Perfect presentation, assisted by hubby, Dan. She stood 10 minutes after being born and found the milk bar about 45 minutes later. Not sure of her color and certainly perplexed that she's a solid color since both parents are pintos.

Proud parents are Magic Place Its No Wonder, a 31 1/2" buckskin pinto mare and Alliance Star Wars, a/k/a Bull, our 29.5" bay pinto stallion, who was crowned Reserve National Champion in the 30" and under Country Pleasure Driving Stakes in 2008.

Thanks to Wonder for having her baby at a decent our - what a girl!

Interested in hearing what color you think she might be.

Thanks for looking

Dan, Tam & DJ VanderWerf

Tammy

Congratulations on your girl. Gotta love those fillies. I certainly am terrible with colors but maybe a smokey black. She sure is cute.

Arlene

COngrats she is adorable and how nice of mom to have her early!

Congratulations on your new filly! As for her color, she looks black. You could test her as there is a possibility that she may be homozygous for black and is also a possibility she may be a smokey black.

Oh congratulations on your new filly, she's adorable. I think to me she looks smokey black. They must have not had the pinto gene in them to throw a pinto. Sure is cute though. TJ I'm going to revise this cause I COULD be wrong..... I was UNDER the assumption that if one carried a pinto gene it would always throw a pinto, however I could be wrong on this. Maybe someone else could tell ya. I don't know that much about colors. TJ

Last edited:
Congrats on Wonder and Bull's baby. I sure was glad to get that call last night that the baby was here - and a filly too!!!! Can't wait to see her in person.

Barbie

She is adorable and I would say black too. Last year my pinto chestnut mare and silver brown pinto stallion had a solid black filly. lol. Just goes to show you never know! Congratulations!!

Congratulations on your filly!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Looks black to me also. I'm always thrilled when my pinto's throw solid foals.
default_doh.gif
But unless they're homozygous you have a 25% chance of solid!

Congratulations! Looks like she is smiling for the camera, LOL! Your mare is very civilized to have her baby at such a convenient hour.
default_wub.png

Hello All,
I think that the membership for the most part has been very mislead as of late regarding the software package from this contractor. The board itself was mislead for sometime on this subject also. Here is the nuts and bolts of the whole situation. The software that you the membership are paying for you do not own. What this means is that AMHR's board has decided to pay $14,000+ a month of your membership and dues for a service. In the beginning they were lead to believe that they were buying a software package and they aren't. So what happens to all the data if they decide to sever ties with the contractor you ask? They loose it all just like AMHA did. I was given a copy of they contract to review in October of last year at my own expense I went to the convention in Branson MO to inform the whole board of my findings. The reception I got was less than favorable and there were a few people I found would much rather defend a bad decision than admit that they were wrong. The board also decided after verifying my findings with lawyers and other IT professionals that they are still going to continue to pay this contractor regardless of the inevitable outcome. At that point AMHR's membership will have sunk in an estimated $265,000+ into the development of a software package they do not own, does not meet the needs of AMHR/ASPC and they cannot continue to use without paying more for a license agreement with the contractor. Realize also that the license agreement is an ongoing fee. It has been stated by the board that even if they decide to cut ties with the contractor they still own the data. This is true but what they do not understand is they cannot access that data without using the software and that requires a license agreement. The contractor has made a lot of empty promises but what it comes down to at the end of the day is what is in writing. AMHR/ASPC is paying for a borrowed horse.

Jamie

.........pay $14,000+ a month for a service. .............AMHR's membership will have sunk in an estimated $265,000+ into the development of a software package they do not own, ...............AMHR/ASPC is paying for a borrowed horse.
Jamie
Wow! AMHA never did say exactly what was wrong with that program, and now we know!

Hubby is a retired programmer and for $265,000, I'd bet he could actually makea program that works!
default_poke.gif
The thing that gets me is that I really don't think AMHR's needs are complicated! They need DBs that can handle large amounts of data, but the data doesn't really have to DO anything- it's just warehoused!

This is probably something a college student could do for a senior project, and would LOVE to do to have in his/her portfolio.

Congratulations on your new filly!!

I don't know WHAT just happened with my previous post!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Sorry.

Congratulations on a beautiful filly!!! Smokey black is my guess...very cute face
default_wub.png

Congrats, she is a cutie!!! It figures, breed two pintos and get a solid
default_laugh.png
I LOVE momma, my favorite, buckskin pinto
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back