💕 Baby Nova’s Cuteness Journal 💕

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Horse Friends,

Mommy is still CRAZY but I am starting to get used to her WICKED ways. She is trying to blind me! She keeps covering my eyes with this mask thingy, I just don’t get it. I am getting really good at getting it off though. I set a personal record and got it off 5 times in one day, I was so proud of myself. How cool am I?! It would have been more but Mommy couldn’t keep up. We might need to call out the guy who records all the world records, I know I would be famous!

Mommy smiles real big when I walk on crazy things that aren’t dirt nor grass, she is so weird but I humor her anyways. She also walks me over bridges and these fat white sticks. It’s kinda boring, I’d rather be eating grass.

I got Mommy real good the other day! She was trying to lift my back leg and I kicked her! I am so cool! Apparently Mommy didn’t think so because she smacked me on my butt then I got a lecture about how I am NOT allowed to kick at humans bla, bla, bla. Now that I think of it, I have NEVER seen my big brothers kick or bite Mommy. Well, I need to teach them ALL a thing or two. I keep trying to convince Mommy to let me out with them so I can teach them this but she won’t listen to me. I am one tough cookie and can totally hold my own but she keeps putting me in my room by myself, so NOT fair!

Sometimes I give Mr. Grumpy Pants the evil eye and he pins his ears at me. All Mommy says is, “Thunder be nice.” Really!? That’s it? Thunder be nice. He doesn’t even get in trouble or a lecture but yet I kick Mommy and I get smacked AND I get lectured! So NOT fair!

One day I was snuggling Mommy ever so sweetly. I was being so loving and enjoying her company. I nuzzled right up to her then I nibbled on her. She smacked the crap out of me! That was so NOT cool! Then I thought maybe her hand slipped so I tried to nibble her again and she smacked me again! ME! She smacked ME! Doesn’t she know i am BOSS mare! Who does she think she is!? I was being so sweet and loving! What gives her the right!? Someone really needs to talk to her about this. I’m the only girl here so that makes me in charge of everyone doesn’t Mommy know her place? She can’t be a BOSS mare, she is human. Humans can’t possibly be in charge and be BOSS mare…. Or can they?

OMG! OMG! OMG! What is going on? Please advise!

Love,
Nova

Oh my goodness, you will have your hands full with that little fire ball. Maybe she does need to be with Thunder. He could probably teach her a thing or two, but I would not be able to watch... And then, again, if she were able to boss him, you would certainly be next rung up on the boss ladder!

Then I thought maybe her hand slipped so I tried to nibble her again......

This ^^^^^^^^^^ is EXACTLY what I think they're thinking when they're doing something they think is okay and we DON'T think what they're doing is okay. 😆😆😆

It's kind of like when you're giving scratches, and you're laughing because they're doing that wiggly nose thingy, then they suddenly reach over and take a chunk from your rump.😂

Dear Horse Friends,
I’ve been with Mommy for two weeks now and OMG! I saw the craziest thing today! Somehow Mommy grew wheels on her legs and was chasing Stormy all around the pasture! It was really weird because Stormy and Mommy were both smiling and giggling, they seemed to be enjoying it. I screamed at Stormy to run faster but he wouldn’t listen to me, it looked like he was going along and doing what Mommy told him to do. It was all very strange.

The other night after Mommy feed me she then wanted to pet me and I wasn’t having it so I kicked her. She chased me off my dinner! I’m a baby doesn’t she know I need to eat! When she finally let me have my dinner again I decided being petted while I was eating wasn’t so bad and I allowed it. I am trying really hard to NOT bite or kick Mommy but there are so many rules here it is hard to keep up. Apparently jumping on Mommy isn’t allowed either how was I suppose to know?!

Sometimes Mommy lets me out with my big brothers and I can’t decide if I love or hate it. They are so rough! Stormy and Breezy always bite at the hair on my legs and my face, Mommy doesn’t correct them either. Mr. Grumpy Pants doesn’t let me go near any food, he is always pinning his ears at me. One time he bit me then tried to kick me but Mommy finally stepped in and told him to knock it off, haha he got in trouble.

I know I have complained a lot in the past about how UNCOOL Mommy is, but my big brothers were right! Mommy is the COOLEST! I love when she visits me several times throughout the day. I follow her around everywhere she goes, her energy is so calm and peaceful. I love when she scratches me and rubs me and loves on me. Mommy doesn’t lecture me as much as she use to instead she is always telling me that I’m such a good girl!
Love,
Nova

Haha! I was just telling my hubby that I think I NEED a horse in every color! Then I thought about it a little more and since I now have 2 blacks and 2 silver dapples, I actually NEED 2 horses in every color! 🤣🤣

But then again if I have all dark horses maybe hubby won’t notice if we have an addition 🤣🤣

Last edited:
We started construction on the “Sugar Shack” around Mother’s Day, my 80YO in-laws plan to move in after completion in September. My horses are so LUCKY because they pretty much have a different obstacle course everyday! It was really loud and noisy this morning with the spray foam insulation going, excuse the mess 🤣🤣

Baby Nova wasn’t playing as much as I thought she should so I gave her some company. Lacy, my 11.5yo yellow lab, is the BEST babysitter ever! Lacy’s most favorite baby to watch over are new born kittens, but her resume also includes weanlings both puppies and horses. She babysat Thunder when he was a tiny baby. I feel Lacy is fully qualified for the job, Nova is thrilled about the new situation, Lacy… not so much 🤣🤣

Latest posts

Back