šŸ’• Baby Novaā€™s Cuteness Journal šŸ’•

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
A few days before Nova was born hubby and I were sitting at the table chatting with Bob (my 80 y/o father-in-law). Nancy (my 80 y/o mother-in-law) sister was not doing well at the time so Nancy was on the phone discussing arrangements with her family. This prompted me to asked Bob where he was going when he died. He said he was going to be ā€œstar dust!ā€ I thought that was really cool!! So when Nova was born I knew it was a sign and just had to get her. With a name like Nova, I feel she was named after star dust for Bob and she will also bring a sweet smile to our faces as we think of Aunt Doris who has passed away. I can tell this is already one REALLY special little filly!

Nova was born March 7, 2022 the day before hubbyā€™s birthday! I just brought her home today and am already in LOVE! A HUGE thank you to Tony for letting me get her. He was so wonderful to show me around. He has some really beautiful and amazing horses! Baby Nova is registered AMHA and I plan to register her AMHR. I will try to get her as many experiences as I can while she is so young. She is 24 inches tall so I am expecting her to mature at about 30 inches or so. She is settling in and warming up nicely, of course I do force myself upon her šŸ˜
B0A288FD-9A3D-400E-AA23-A46EA10A63BA.jpeg

Our journey home:
CD362396-CE91-43D9-9C11-EFD0B69F1906.jpeg

Baby Nova driving her big brothers CRAZY:
C769FE48-AF74-4612-A84C-38B61776761C.jpeg

Of course I had to make a video! ā™„ļøā™„ļø

I agree, stardustā€¦ itā€™s what weā€™re all made of, ashes to ashes and stardust to stardust. When my dad died I immediately knew which star in the sky he was. My sister was annoyed at me as I kept setting him free, I said to him, go visit Jupiter for me! Being free from your earthly body, go explore the galaxy. She wanted him to stay close. I knew he was already part of me, so he could be anywhere.

This new creature is really sweet and lucky to have landed with you, Kelly! Lots of fun adventures ahead. Welcome to the world, Nova!

Congratulations Kelly! She is adorable. Surprised me when she popped up on my You Tube feed!!!! I always thought you were geldings all the way. šŸ¤£ How fun! Do you plan to breed her when she gets older?

Awe thank yā€™all!! šŸ’•šŸ’•

That is so sweet Kim šŸ’•šŸ’• Ashes to ashes, and stardust to stardust, I love it šŸ’•šŸ’•

I think you are the first one to see her Willow! Hubby hadnā€™t even seen the video yet when I got the message from you šŸ˜šŸ˜ how cool is that! Yes I am planning to bred her when she gets older. It is part of the hobby I have never done or experienced before so I thought why not. Itā€™ll be so much fun and a beautiful adventure. I do plan to keep ALL her stardust babies. šŸ’•šŸ’• I still am geldings all the way, now itā€™ll be geldings all the wayā€¦ plus Nova šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Congratulations! šŸ¤© I have stars in my eyes for Nova šŸ¤© ! Nothing like a black mini! But get ready for fly sheets and anti-fade regalia šŸ¤£! Will you show her?

Awe! šŸ¤©šŸ¤© So sweet, stars in my eyes for baby Nova šŸ¤©šŸ¤© I love that šŸ’•šŸ’•

Yes, I am planning to show her. I LOVE black minis and the silver ones too, those both are my favorites šŸ˜

Nova had her first trim today and dare I say she actually did better than the little boys. She stood there so patiently and didnā€™t even try to rear. Iā€™m sure her little personality will be coming out once she gets more settled šŸ¤£ she is most definitely ALL horse though! She whinnies for the boys if she canā€™t see them. They ALL slept right next to her stall last night. I went out this morning early to feed and to check on her, ALL of them asleep right next to her and she was laying down sleeping too. So sweet šŸ’•šŸ’•
033D0C5A-D10F-4AD0-AB21-6820A73C9E07.jpeg

Baby Nova sporting her fly mask next to the neighbors horse Doc.
9BE92000-9128-4419-935E-51D3560D754A.jpeg

OMG 40 pounds of TOTAL CUTENESS! šŸ’•šŸ’•

Awe! šŸ¤©šŸ¤© So sweet, stars in my eyes for baby Nova šŸ¤©šŸ¤© I love that šŸ’•šŸ’•

Yes, I am planning to show her. I LOVE black minis and the silver ones too, those both are my favorites šŸ˜

Nova had her first trim today and dare I say she actually did better than the little boys. She stood there so patiently and didnā€™t even try to rear. Iā€™m sure her little personality will be coming out once she gets more settled šŸ¤£ she is most definitely ALL horse though! She whinnies for the boys if she canā€™t see them. They ALL slept right next to her stall last night. I went out this morning early to feed and to check on her, ALL of them asleep right next to her and she was laying down sleeping too. So sweet šŸ’•šŸ’•
View attachment 47598

Baby Nova sporting her fly mask next to the neighbors horse Doc.
View attachment 47599

OMG 40 pounds of TOTAL CUTENESS! šŸ’•šŸ’•
What you were not out there with them sleeping?šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ I donā€™t know how you pull yourself away from all that adorable cuteness. I would not get anything donešŸ˜‰

Iā€™m NOT getting anything done! LOL LOL šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ’•šŸ’•

We did go on our very first small adventure next door to visit my elderly neighbor John. He took this photo of usā€¦
67E26DF1-02FA-414D-9D60-F48A5D5D393C.jpeg

I let Stormy into Novaā€™s stall this afternoon and he found the food she didnā€™t eat. He is the BEST little gelding ever and didnā€™t mind sharing with her. I obviously didnā€™t completely trust him thatā€™s why i left his halter on nor did I leave him alone with her, she is just too little for horsing around and yā€™all know how rough my boys can be. šŸ’•
287C30AE-DBAF-420D-B1AB-4023755D8E71.jpeg

Iā€™m NOT getting anything done! LOL LOL šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ’•šŸ’•

We did go on our very first small adventure next door to visit my elderly neighbor John. He took this photo of usā€¦
View attachment 47603

I let Stormy into Novaā€™s stall this afternoon and he found the food she didnā€™t eat. He is the BEST little gelding ever and didnā€™t mind sharing with her. I obviously didnā€™t completely trust him thatā€™s why i left his halter on nor did I leave him alone with her, she is just too little for horsing around and yā€™all know how rough my boys can be. šŸ’•
View attachment 47604
Her fluffy baby tail!

Dear Horse Friends,

PLEASE HELP! Someone has got to talk to my new Mommy, she is CRAZY! The other day she walked me to the end of the driveway and this BIG scary green thing started to follow her. I FLIPPED!! It was a close call but I managed to escape! I got a little lost and ran straight to the neighbors house. My Mommy came over with a panicked look on her face and I was so glad she had escaped that big scary green thing too. This is where she got CRAZY! She lectured to me something about a trash can and that Iā€™d eventually get use to it bla, bla, bla. Then she took me back over to the big scary green thing! OMG! It was completely crazy! I did finally relax some after she made me walk around it like 100 times but seriously WHY? WHY? WHY? The next day when we went for a walk again and thank GOD that big scary green thing wasnā€™t there. Thatā€™s another thing, Mommy keeps taking me for these ā€œwalksā€ and I donā€™t really see the point. Iā€™d rather stay in my room close to my big brothers and eat at the hay buffet all day.

I know my big brothers think my Mommy is soooooo cool but trust me she isnā€™t! I canā€™t seem to convince them how CRAZY she really is. She comes onto MY new house and my big brothers always run over to her. I scream and scream for them to come back to me but no one listens! Why donā€™t they listen to me? They are like in complete AWE of her. Somebody needs to talk to them too!

I have my own room for now but Mommy promises I will get to share the big room with my brothers once I get older. Itā€™s just not fair, I want to be out with my big brothers now. Why do I have to wait till I get older?! So unfair! My big brothers did teach me how to get hay out of the net. I LOVE the net, it is my most favorite thing in the world. My Mommy chases me around with a big black bucket of hay sometimes and I donā€™t know why. Doesnā€™t she know I only want my hay in those net thingys, just like my big brothers.

I do have one grumpy brother who always pins his ears at me, I think Mommy calls him Thunder. He tried to kick me the other day and Mommy lectured him big time! All I could do was laugh, ha ha ha you got in trouble. I tried to irritate him again so he would kick at me and Mommy would have to lecture him again, but she moved me and put me in time out! I didnā€™t do anything wrong! It was so unfair! One minute I was tied up next to all my big brothers and loving life then the next minute she moved ME far away, ME!! I donā€™t understand I was being such a good girl. See? She is so NOT cool!

I heard Mommy lecture to Stormy something about babysitting, bla bla bla, I donā€™t know what she was saying but Stormy must have agreed because he stands next to me all the time and he keeps a close watch out for me. He is the coolest big brother EVER. I love Breezy too but all he can think about is FOOD so he isnā€™t always around.

There is this big yellow furry thing here that is bigger than me, it slobbers and snorts. Well the other day it was all up in my junk so I smacked it. I thought I was real cool but Mommy didnā€™t think so and she lectured me again. She told me something like I shouldnā€™t strike out at the dog or whatever, I donā€™t know what she was trying to say all I hear is bla, bla, bla!

Someone please talk to her, she is CRAZY!

Love,
Nova

Latest posts

Back