Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luv2ridesaddleseat

Does a pregnant stomach look like this?

Shelly, I called first thing Thursday morning and had to leave a message, they never called back. I will try again Monday morning.

Keri, she is on a dry lot and gets hay only.

Irish Hills Farm, she is supposed to be due in September.

I am wondering what this bulge is 1/3 of the way down her side. I know it's not a foal, as it doesn't move. I wish I knew how to draw a circle around it to point it out, but I don't know how.

She looks pregnant to me. All of my pregnant mares get a bulge on their lower abdomen as their pregnancy progresses. I have a maiden mare due in Sept and she looks about like that.

She looks pregnant to me too.

I have a mare at 230 days and they look about the same...Have you been able to feel any movement? My little one is going nuts in there every time I have a feel.

Is her neck hard at all on top?

She looks pregnant to me........ The "line" going across her side occurs on several of our broodmares during the later stages of gestation. Our vet pointed it out to us once years ago, so now I watch for it.

miniadiction, no she has no hard crest at all. Her chest and shoulders are normal sized also, no extra weight. I did a google search last night for "fat, overweight and obese" mini pictures. It only brought up a few, but there was a huge difference between them and my mare. I could see how big the necks were, they looked awful.

I hope I won't have to wait along time for another appointment with the repro Vet.

If she is due in september you should be able to feel it kick, put your had 6 inches before her udder and kinda push back and the foal should kick back, just don't do it extremely hard or anything, just so it feels it and kicks back!

I have not felt anything, but I've just been kind of laying my hand there gently, not putting any pressure there. Maybe I'll try a tad of pressure. Of course my mare ends up moving away from me after a few seconds! I will try tomorrow and see if I can feel anything. :)

Are you graining her? If so, the best time to feel for baby is when she's eating her grain. :BigGrin

If she is due in september you should be able to feel it kick, put your had 6 inches before her udder and kinda push back and the foal should kick back, just don't do it extremely hard or anything, just so it feels it and kicks back!

My quickie pregnancy check is to feed the mare and feel her belly right on her navel - baby will kick then. Once mine were confirmed in foal, I would check status nightly...baby's kicks let me know he/she was OK and absence of kicking warranted a veterinary check.

Good luck!

Denise