Show us your Sabino Overo Pintos !

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne

Reaction score
I bought a beautiful bay sabino pinto from Bev Thawley four years ago. Top Cat has produced the coolest foals that are often sabinos. I LOVE the way they have the black eyeliner and patches of color around the eyes.

Here are a couple of ours. Let's see yours!

topcat3.jpg
topcat2.jpg

masquerade3.jpg

East Acres Cotton Candy - mare

Overo and sabino. I think someone told me she might carry splash too, don't remember.
default_wacko.png

Candy11.jpg

candylb1.jpg

Willow Creeks Dancers Dream Weaver - stallion

I wouldn't call him overo but definitely sabino, splash, and probably tobiano.

dwlizbody.jpg

dwlizhead.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my mare Jem Dusky's Dream with her last years colt, Maple Mountain Custom Chrome

May24thDebbie003E.jpg

and her full sister and future teammate
default_biggrin.png
Jem Just A Little Peach

May24thDebbie069E.jpg

and I agree - ya gotta love that gorgeous eyeliner
default_biggrin.png
They are both maximum sorrel sabinos.

These are my "loud" sabinos. First is "Firedancer". She is the dam to "Colors" and Wyldfyre" pictured further down.

firedancer.jpg

Next is "Colors". She is the daughter of "Firedancer".

colors.jpg

This is "Wyldfyre". He is a son (gelding) of "Firedancer" and half sibling to "Colors".

wyldfyre.jpg

This is "Fame" and she is totally unrelated to the others pictured above. She is LOW+ but I feel she also carries and exhibits Sabino.

fame.jpg

I totally agree with you about them being such a beautiful pattern, and is definately a favorite pattern of mine!!! And the bonus, is you can get that wild color without concern of a LWO foal being born if the parents are not also frame carriers!
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Of course, I have several others that carry sabino in facial markings, roaning and socks, but these pictured are the wildly marked ones that I personally prefer!
default_wub.png

angel3.jpg

This is one of my brood mares that is a frame, sabino pinto. I love the eye patches!

These are wonderful! What beautiful horses! It is sooo cool what teh sabino gene does when it is mixed with the frames, splashed whites, and tobianos!

More photos please!

Joanne

I know almost nothing about pinto. I know both these mares are genetic pintos, though.

Hope I think carries sabino, as I was told that is what the small white spots on her are (on neck and body).

Lou has sabino roaning all over and had one sabino roan foal. She has a pink lower lip, too.

I don't think either are overo, just pinto / sabino. Tovero? Tobiano? I've been told before but :DOH! :DOH! :DOH!

[SIZE=12pt]Harrell’s Rowdys Reflection of Hope[/SIZE]

2002 AMHA/AMHR Silver Dapple with Sabino mare – Halter Grand Champion – Daughter of Cross Countrys Rowdys Reflection

In foal for April 2008 to “DunIT”

HOPE%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20037.jpg

2007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20036%20Hope%20Halter.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Edgewood Skip To My Lou[/SIZE]

1994 AMHR/AMHA silver dapple pinto with sabino brood mare – halter championships – push button driving horse

In foal for April 2008 to “DunIT”

LOU--07312006--%20085%20BRUSHED.jpg

Lou%202002%20headshot.jpg

Hiawatha is Sabino and splash overo. It is kind of hard to see the roaning in these images but she has it all over the place. Her daughter Tenasity is both and then tobiano I believe. She has a lot of roaning as well.

007_18A.jpg

411459-R1-023-10_011.jpg

411459-R1-015-6_007.jpg

411459-R1-005-1_002.jpg

I also love what Sabino does to other pinto patterns!
default_yes.gif

I breed for Frame Overos & Toveros....but almost all my minis have Sabino as well, and combining that with Frame can certainly result in striking patterns w/Sabino roaning!

Here are a few of loudest.....ALL Bay Frame/Sabino Overos.

"Kickapoo's Apache Moon".....our 30.5" Jr. stallion. We are expecting his first foals this year!

Both eyes are dark.

ApacheGrandChampCropped.jpg

....and other side

Apache2yrsYardLeft20001SmallAvatar.jpg

This is his full sister "Kickapoo's Laced by Moonlite" One blue eye, one dark eye.

LacyLiberty1Cropped.jpg

...and other side

LacyInTrainingBrenda1.jpg

And this is their half-sister (same sire) "Kickapoo's A MayZing Moon". Two bright blue eyes with eyeliner!

MayZMay06Bath30001small.jpg

....other side

MayZTrotLeftFall04b.jpg

This is my mare Jem Dusky's Dream with her last years colt, Maple Mountain Custom Chrome

May24thDebbie003E.jpg

and her full sister and future teammate
default_biggrin.png
Jem Just A Little Peach

May24thDebbie069E.jpg

and I agree - ya gotta love that gorgeous eyeliner
default_biggrin.png
They are both maximum sorrel sabinos.

Wow, Dream and Chrome and stunning. Lovely breeding Lori.

"Kickapoo's Apache Moon".....our 30.5" Jr. stallion. We are expecting his first foals this year!

Both eyes are dark.

ApacheGrandChampCropped.jpg

Oh Dona.........DROOL!
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

And thanks Des!
default_biggrin.png
He is going to be out in the show ring this year with Sue, his new owner. Watch for him!

Here are a couple of mine with sabino

Ruby, obviously also tobiano, negative for frame

ruby8.9287.jpg

ruby7.9287.jpg

She has roaning from sabino, but it's hard to see in photographs, this shows it a bit though

c8eb420e.jpg

And she has neat markings on her back

f1b95018.jpg

And Tucker has sabino, tobiano and either (or both) frame and/or splash (he hasn't been tested yet for frame, has a blue eye so it's either that or splash)

tuckertrot31-20-8.jpg

tuckerrun81-20-8.jpg

tuckerhead1-20-8.jpg

tuckereyes.7197.jpg

Jessi

So many stunning horses!!

I just love sabino
default_yes.gif

This is La Vista Rowdy Remark. Overo/Sabino

338530.jpg

Bound For Glory

239549.JPG

Flashback

417190.JPG

Simply Magic

470733.jpg

Sunshine Bey

196459.JPG

Thank you Siren Farms for the compliment on Zoey she is a beauty. She may be making her way close by you in Arizona, we will see. Joyce

I LOVE sabinos!! Most of my herd exhibits sabino in combination with other patterns, but here are two that are definite sabinos:

Jandts Cheeri Deeri, who is due any day now (she's also related to Milo Minis mares, Dream and Peach):

DinahHeadandNeckJuly06LittleHousePh.jpg

This is her in winter coat:

Dinah2Oct172004.jpg

And Redrock Incognito, our stallion:

IncognitoLizPicsmall.jpg

Lori, I love that picture of Dream and Chrome--very pretty!!
default_wub.png
Of course, you know I'm a fan of Dream anyway.

OK-question for you pinto color experts. I have a mare that is solid with 4 white sock, at least one is slightly above the knee and/or hock. She has no white on her face (but does have a couple white whiskers??), no blue eyes and no white spots on her body. She does however have a few (very few) white hairs in the top of her tail and a couple roaning area that look like pinto marking but is only slight roaning....is she a sabino? Oh and she has NEVER thrown a solid foal even when bred to solid stallion. Her sire is solid silver bay and her dam is a red and white pinto with tons of roaning in her red areas.??? I would be happy to either post or e-mail pictures. Thanks in advance.

BlueStar, your best bet would be to start a new thread with pictures of your horse, to make sure your questions don't get lost in this thread. And if we have pictures, it will be much easier!

Latest posts

Back