Holiday Horse Costumes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Our town is having a christmas weekend and saturday they are having a pet costume contest and all costumes have to be christmas related.

I'm kind of short on time but need idea's for costumes. Im thinking i will be taking Coco for it, he is the more calm and relaxed one of the bunch. So far, all i have is possible a Santa costume ..he already has the belly
default_wacko.png

I was thinking maybe dressing Coco up as the grinch and then my shih tzu as the Grinches dog?

Possible an Angel????

Any costume ideas?

lol, I like the whole Grinch thing! Mabe you could be Cindy From Whooville!
default_biggrin.png

Here are a few ideas.

I dressed up "Button" for Halloween.
default_biggrin.png
She is only 18" here, so dog costumes fit her. The Witches outfit is a dog costume I got at Super Petz.

ButtonHalloweenWitch10001small.jpg

The Angle outfit was a children's costume

ButtonHalloweenAngel20001small.jpg

The devil horns were mine!
default_rolleyes.gif

ButtonHalloweenDevilHead.jpg

HalloweenParty07Dona0001.jpg

Here are some Christmas ideas...

I've used large dog collars with jingle bells on them for around a minis belly or neck. I've used antler headbands & santa hats made for people. I use little girl's christmas scrunchies for around hooves. Take a red horse sheet & attach white fur around the edges & put a black belt around the middle for a Santa "look".

Just use your imagination. This time of year there are all kinds of christmas things around that you can put to use! Oh...another one is to put a Christmas wreath around their necks!

ApacheXmas1.jpg

And here is an outfit I made for a filly a few years ago. It was an actual "Union suit" (red long johns with trap door) Of course, I had to attach some lace & make her a little sleeping cap to match.
default_wink.png
This was for the Great Outdoor Underwear Festival Parade.
default_yes.gif
Everyone had to dress in some type of underwear.......very interesting parade that always got National attention. They even had celebrities send in autographed underwear that the town hung up right thru mainstreet & auctioned off!
default_biggrin.png

DreamLongJohns.jpg

You could make huge sleigh shaped cut outs and paint them, strap them onto his back and figure out how to put wrapped presents in between. Then you could dress up as Santa and your dog could be a reindeer. Just an idea.
default_smile.png

I have decided to go with a Festive Reindeer
default_smile.png
. Have it all planned out on paper and i am off to wal-mart in the morning.

But new question, for those of you who made little bell bracelet or whatever those are that go around the horses legs that have been on them ..how did you make them? Im thinking of putting bells on a hair scrunchie maybe? So little time so much to do.

I'll post pictures when its all over and done ..promise! This is going to be really neat!

Thanks you guys for your great ideas AND pictures!

You can buy those little "scrunchies" with bells on them at pet stores. The ones for small dogs work best for mini's legs. You can also find them as holiday ponytail holders.

Or....you can make your own & sew bells on them if you are so inclined.
default_yes.gif

My 4H club was in a Christmas parade last weekend, (unfortunatley I was away) we had 3 horses in the parade, my friend's black QH was the ghost of Christmas Future, we had a chubby bay arab cross who was the ghost of Christmas Present, and then we were going to have miss Kassie be Christmas Past, but since we weren't there they used the next smallest horse, (who wasn't so small, let me tell you!
default_rolleyes.gif
) an arab mare who belongs to my 4H leader.

Next year I won't miss it, but those are just some ideas!

Have fun!
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back