L'il Beginnings Hall of Fame

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
The other day I was thinking of some of the memorable horses whose lives we have shared on the forum -- Mundy, Little Bit, just to name a couple...

While show horses can attain Hall of Fame status, so many horses never set foot in a show ring, yet they are no less special.

So if you could nominate 2 horses belonging to forum members (other than your own), who would you choose?

For the sake of those who may not remember them or may not have been around, be sure to tell what makes them memorable.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for being some of the most memorable -- from stories, from pictures, or from show news, the two I would nominate:

Susanne's Mingus for the tales he tells through his person

Erica's Knock Your Socks Off / "Knocker" for seeing her grow from a foal to a National Champion and now a fantastic broodmare

VERY cool thread, Susanne
default_yes.gif
:

I would say without a doubt no one showing.. that is nice and helps feeds peoples ego and gives them goals but... not life changing IMO

so for me the answer would be

Chance the little horse who suffered so much and in doing so brought us all together pretty quickly and started a rescue that has helped many. I will never forget that horses story and the stupid add by the owner that I saw on the sale board about him when I first heard about him it still to this day shocks me.

Next and hate to nominate one of myown here but would be Sadie our dwarf who quickly from the moment she was born (very premature) became the forum dwarf. From our discussions of is she or isnt she, to her months of living in the hospital to coming home and living in the house till she was finally able to live outside.

I think she truly helped us all feel comfortable talking about and questioning our horse and sort of brought the dwarf issue out of the closet and well main stream for lack of a better term

From the moment of her birth to the moment she crossed over I couldnt have asked for better support and a place for us all to learn then from this forum!

Here are some pictures of her

sadie.JPG

sadie1.JPG

th_sadie-truck.jpg

Last edited:
I would say the entire Brat Pack and particularly Angel belonging to Bill and Wannalyn. Hall of Fame because they continue to teach us about dwarfs and the things that can be done to help them and their wonderful personalities that make them wonderful horses for the time they have with us.

My second nomination would be for Gabriel and sorry I dont remember his humans name but will always remember him for his courage in losing his leg and watching as he went from his plastic bat prosthesis to his real one.

And I would give honorable mention to all of Tonys horses who have persevered thorough the horrific dog attacks.

I have come back into this to add my own Helen as others have now named their own horses. I nominate her because at a year old she brings so much light to our lives even when she has never seen any. Helen was born in 2006 with no eyes. She continues to amaze all who meet her and has such a funny little independent nature that she always brings a smile in an otherwise dreary day.

Great thread !!!!!

I would nominate my own Coco lol.

Also, Devons Wee Man
default_smile.png

And of course, Kays Tiny
default_smile.png

This is a great thread!

I would say Marty's Tiny Tim, we've all gotten to watch him grow
default_smile.png

and

Frankie's Prints also.

The 3 (I know, you said 2, but I have to mention 3) would be...

1) Chance, the poor little mini responsible for getting people involved in helping, and resulting in the official formation of CMHR.

2) Mundy, who was Nancy Goshorns little mare that batted hyperipemia, and was overcoming it when she was attacked and killed by a huge black bear. That just ripped my heart out. :no:

3) Lisa's little dwarf filly Sadie, who just stole my heart more than any other little dwarf pictured on this forum ever did. I always saw her as a little Princess Pony.
default_yes.gif
: She definately was a little sweetie!

My Maggie..... she kept me going both times I have been in accidents. Her gentle kindness and allowing me to lean on her when I try to walk. She knows I need help and gives it with her heart. Without her I do not know where I would be, she keeps me going.

Susanne's Mingus because he helps her.

Then Kody because he is blazing the trail for mini's in VSE

Chance

Sadie

There are a couple of other's but I have to try to remember their names. Am bad about remembering names.

I would have to nominate Summer Rose, a former World Grand Champion Open Single horse - her strength of character during her dislocated hip, surgery & the long road of rehab gave me such unbelievable pride in her and every day she proves how it is possible to overcome very serious obstacles and go on to be happy & healthy - she is my heart-horse.
default_wub.png
:

I joined too late to know most of those dwarves, so my choices for "Who is famous ON THE FORUM" would be a little different.

Kody, well, I think at this point he's thoroughly infamous as people now recognize him at shows just from having seen him on here or from seeing him in various harness catalogues. But since he's mine, he's not one of my picks!

Of course there's Shari's Maggie, that little bay mare Semi, MiniV's Gabriel (I missed his story but caught up on it later), Charlene's Red, JJay's Platinum, Soggy Bottom Ranch's appaloosa, and so many others that seem like dear friends from reading about them here. I agree that Susanne's Mingus is definitely one of the major characters. So are Liz's Mouse and Pyro, although perhaps I know the lil' redhead more from emails and personal experience than from the actual forum. There's Frankie's Printz, Marty's Sonny and herd, Rabbitfizz's old stallion, Chamomile's mare of the same name, New Image's Molly and Image, Barnbum's fillies, Karen's Appy, MyLilShowGirl's former horses Ghost and Magic Man's Challenger, BWMinis' Sid and so many others!

My runner's up for the Hall of Fame would be Printz (for her battle to survive and her Princess complex afterwards), Mingus, Mouse, Tiny Tim (aka Fetus not so long ago), Image (for watching him grow up) and Minihgal's Tanglewood's Sweet Fascination, because she and her driver inspired me to get involved in CDE.

My winners, primarily because no one else has mentioned them yet, would be Loren&Rocky's Rocky and Slick (yes, they are such a linked pair that I count them as one entry) and Devon's Wee Man.

All of these horses we have come to know, not for their show records, but for their owners' devotion to them and for their unique personalities and the way they have touched our lives. You all deserve to be in the Lil' Beginnings Hall of Fame!

Leia

Thanks For Picking Wee guys
default_wub.png
: He certaintly is special to me
default_wub.png
: He is such a differant horse form 3 years ago hehe LOVE him!

I have to think about who I would nominate
default_yes.gif
:

Thank you so much Leeanna. I have always thought of tiny has a forum baby. The night she was born was when I got on LB in the middle of the night in a panic because we couldnt get her to nurse and she was a fainting foal. My vet said she would die and as you all know she didnt. Then everyone went thru her show career with me and then her colic surgery. And then finally her final battle a few months ago
default_sad.png
I miss her so much my heart hurts everyday.

I would definitely nominate Chance. One little horse needing help pulled all of us forum members together and ultimately led to the formation of CMHR which forever changed my life. Thinking back now it is simply amazing what happened because of his story.

There are a couple of folks on here that take their mini's to Nursing home a lot. Does any one remember their names? Think going to Nursing homes or to sick children and bringing them happiness, is a very Noble thing to do.

Wow,,,, I would have to say Liz ( Nootka's) Gramma pony... because even though she is blind in one eye,,, and very old, Liz appreciates the wonderful elderly person inside. She is a baby lovin' gramma fool! It always makes me think of the older horses and how some are not so lucky.

The the other was Dona's Missy,,,, every foal she had was magical to me. There own extremely large life forces. She was usually one of the first to kick of foaling season and she did it with such a high standard.

And Sadie,,,, with such a big heart, a wonderful family that loved her so much. And such an attitude. She was awesome!

And one that is from my own heart. Just Becky,,, who lives with Lonnie Purdue in California now. What an awesome patient mare. Wen she would have her foals,,, she would call to us to come and help her! She KNEW we were there to help and when her colt at her new home had colic surgery while still nursing,,,, she was wonderful. Never did she think they were hurting him. She is one of the reasons her colt is a healthy beautiful two year old gelding now. You can feel the trust in her.

Oh wow....there are so many! I've been a member here from almost the beginning, and have seen many "memorable" minis on this wonderful site.
default_yes.gif
:

My first pick would have to be my own Missy.
default_wub.png
: She was a dream come true in a broodmare, and I miss her every day.
default_sad.png
She foaled absolutely gorgeous babies for us every year...all in different colors & all with her beautiful head, huge eyes, sweet personality & tail-flagging, high-strutting flamboyant action.

My second pick would have to be Hemlock Brooks CockRobin....the ole man we started with. :aktion033: He was the whole foundation for Kickapoo Miniatures & foaled many outstanding babies for us, until being "retired" at Angie's.
default_wink.png
:

Then there is Sadie, Mundy, Gramma Pony (who reminded me of Robin), Mouse, Mingus, Printz......and, oh gosh...I'm sure many, MANY more that would be well deserving of this!
default_yes.gif
:

Well all the horses that came to mind have already been nominated!

I will second nominations on Cock Robin--I still shiver when I think of that timeless old fellow.

Sadie--whose picture updates got me through some rough days.

Chance--who inspired the forum to come together in a way I'd never seen before (and we all know how hard THAT is!)

And Marty's Dirty Holly--I'm sure my coworkers thought I was insane as I cackled and snorted at my desk while reading her entries.

My eyes are filled with tears remembering the horses you've all mentioned, and incredibly proud on Mingus' behalf that several of you have mentioned him.

My first nominee would be MiniHGal's Oliver. His personality just jumped off the screen, and I felt so connected to him, although I never met him in person. I was absolutely crushed when he died.

Then I would nominate Hosscrazy's little guy, Cody. This was another one that hit me so hard.

Now I'll break my own rules and add a third -- Marty's Dirty Holly. After all, how many published equine authors do we have amongst us?

I agree with those already posted!

But here are some new ones.

I would have to pick my own SPUDS. It was the threads posted, the outpouring of love and generous offers from so many that made me realize that LB is a Family. I've seen many great things come from LB through the years and the support shown to me from my losing Spuds is something I will carry with me for life. You can read about Spuds on my memorial page if you want.

And....miniHgal's beloved Oliver.

And Nila's Blossom and Copper.

My second nomination would be for Gabriel and sorry I dont remember his humans name but will always remember him for his courage in losing his leg and watching as he went from his plastic bat prosthesis to his real one.

Great thread !!!!!
Thank you for remembering Gabriel! And he's still doing great.........starting his training to qualify "officially" as a therapy horse with the Delta Society.

How can I nominate only TWO horses??? Yikes.........

I would like to mention more than that -- Mingus (of course), Marty's Holly and Tiny Tim, Bill's Brat Pack, Liz's Gramma Pony, Jane's (Rabbitsfiz) wonderful old boy, and of course Sadie and Chance.......

Latest posts

Back