New Recipe!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
I'm a very healthy eater. That said, I sometimes long for those creamy HIGH fat dressings for salads. Here is a tried and true (tried it tonight
default_wink.png
: ) dressing that is low fat, but you wouldn't know it...

Creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing

2 large heads of garlic, roasted and cooled (slice a bit of the tops off and lay face down in a pan with olive oil at 350 for 20 mins. or so...until it's squishy and the bottom is nice and golden and carmelized).

1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil

2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

1 tbsp dijon mustard

3 anchovy fillets, rinsed (can leave out and it's still just as good)

Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

In a blender or food processor, combine roasted garlic pulp, yogurt, cheese, oil, lemon juice, mustard, and anchovies. Process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

MMMmmmmmmmm. If you love caesar dressing you'll love this. More recipes to come....

Sounds really good! Will definitely give it a try!

Also, you might want to check this out. The link takes you to my sister's page--she has tons of great recipes. She was a vegan for a long time, then vegetarian, now a little meat, so she has a wide range. Plus she has lots of good ole southern food on there, too!

RecipeZaar

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds really good! Will definitely give it a try!

Also, you might want to check this out. The link takes you to my sister's page--she has tons of great recipes. She was a vegan for a long time, then vegetarian, now a little meat, so she has a wide range. Plus she has lots of good ole southern food on there, too!

RecipeZaar
Looks like a great site. Especially the "fish for non-fish lovers"; I loooove fish, but my partner just eats it because it's good for him. So it's hard to come up with interesting fish recipes. Will definitely try some of those ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back