Went To A Show Today... got PICTURES of...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Today Harvey and I went to the Virginia Miniature Horse Club's summer show and had a good time. We took 5 horses and believe it or not, it was the first time we ever hauled horses in our fancy "new" (got it last September) gooseneck miniature horse trailer from Wrangler
default_rolleyes.gif
: It was an exciting day on all acounts and the trailer hauled fabulously.

Each horse we took was either Grand or Reserve Grand and we even got a 1st in color, too. It was the first time either Hope or Flirt (mother and daughter) were ever shown and I was proud of how they handled all of it.

Haven't sweated anyone this year, and haven't even lunged in about 2 weeks because we've been getting so many thunderstorms and the footing in my round pen (sawdust over clay dirt) has been too slick. Still, I am proud how they looked and behaved, and proud of how the ones I've grown up / am growing up are coming along
default_yes.gif
:

Didn't have time to take pictures AT the show but did grab some here at home before we let our hooved wonders go back to being "just horses". The show was 3.5 hours away in Lynchburg and we left around 4am. Got home by 3:30pm but all of us, horse and human, are tired.

Hope you will enjoy the shots on my sidewalk, and thanks for letting me share.

Harrells Flirting With Perfection1st Place Yearling A Division Mare, 3rd Place Solid Color Mare, Reserve Grand Champion Junior A Division Mare

FLIRT%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20098%20MARES.jpg

Harrells Rowdys Reflection of Hope

1st Place Senior A Division Mare, 2nd Place Solid Color mare, Grand Champion Senior A Division Mare

keep in mind she's already had 2 foals and possibly carrying her 3rd

Hope%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20037.jpg

Tibbs Sundowner

1st Place Senior A Division Gelding, Grand Champion Senior A Division Gelding

Sunny%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20113.jpg

Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold

2nd Place Senior B Division Gelding, 1st Place Solid Color Stallion / Gelding, Reserve Grand Champion Senior B Divsion Gelding

Bacardi%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20134.jpg

Erica's Gone and DunIT

1st Place Two Year Old A Division Stallion, Grand Champion Junior A Division Stallion

DunIT%202007%20VMHC%20Summer%20Classic%20--%20158.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: BEAUTIFUL horses!!!

Congratulations on each horses placings and to you and Harvey! :aktion033:

They really look nice Jill....
default_yes.gif
: you should be very proud!
default_yes.gif
:

:aktion033: Congratulations on your wins Jill. You must be really proud of all those beautiful horses. I love them all but must admit to a certain special fondness for Bacardi and Hope. :bgrin
default_wub.png
:

Yvonne

Congratulations Jill!

Your horses were beautiful! I especially liked Tibbs Sundowner. I thought he really stood out in the large Sr. Gelding class. :aktion033:

Tanya

Congrats!

Hope is definitely my favorite! LOVE those dapples! and what a sweet sweet looking head and eyes!

Ooooh, I love little Hope! Those dapples are gorgeous!

CONGRATS on your placings Jill, you must be so proud of them!
default_firstprize.gif
:

They all look great Jill, and congratulations for kicking some major butt in the show ring!!!

Jill, they all look FABULOUS!! Congrats!!!

Wow! You guys really swept the show! They're all beautiful, but that Hope is one hot mama! I just love her head!

:aktion033: :aktion033: Congratulation! :aktion033: :aktion033:

They'are all just gorgeous, but my favs are Bacardi and Hope! Oh, and DunIt not too shabby!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

What's it like to win at EVERY show you go to???? :new_shocked:
default_yes.gif
: I still am so shocked when they call my number that I'm sure I have this stunned look on my face. Probably doesn't show a lot of confidence to the judges, but oh well.

I hope to meet you guys at a show sometime soon! :saludando:

Congrats on all your wins Jill!! Well deserved since all your horses are just gorgeous!!
default_wub.png
: My favorites are Bacardi and Sunny, tho!!
default_wub.png
:

Oh.......What beautiful horses!!!

Congratulations, Jill :aktion033:

Hope is just down-right Gorgeous.

(And, I am partial to Sundowner, too!!)

-Becky

Congratulations on a great show! I bet you ARE tired, but with all those wins... ready to do it all over again
default_wink.png
: All your horses are looking darn good, but I think Hope is my favorite this time around
default_wub.png
:

Beautiful!!!

Congratulations on the placings, jeez, did anyone else get ANYTHING? (j/k but...)

They look wonderful and very often it stands to reason that a really nice horse doesn't NEED a lot of the heavy sweating and/or conditioning, nor extreme grooming to go in and do well.

Five horses at a show...jeez. I just freak out with anything over two!

Liz M.

Nice going just gotta love those placings...horses look in great shape.....winners :bgrin

Back