Are there different shades of blue eyes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
are there really dark blue eyes? I've only seen the bright blue eyes like on our stallion Sky.. Reason I ask is that our other appy stallion, the yearling, his eyes look like they have a blue tint to them when you're close to him, far away they look like brown eyes.. I'm not the only one that sees the blue in them, my dad thinks their blue and we had a lady (respectable mini breeder) come look at him when he was for sale and she too said they are blue.. I don't have any good pictures of him and I doubt the blue would show up in pics anyway, but was curious..

My stallion has one clear skyblue eye.

I have a gelding who has one blue eye dark like you're describing.

all the blue eyed horses at Pondlakes seems to have different hues.

I was curious about this too. I have a solid bay filly that was born here last year. Her sire is a leopard appaloosa and her dam is a solid bay with a strong pinto background. And in the sun this filly's eyes are a really dark blue color. Almost the color of a newborn babys eyes and at first I thought that's what it was and they'll change. But they haven't changed yet and she's a year old. So I definetly understand your point Lucky-C. ~Jessica

Does anyone have any pictures? I'd love to see the different blues!
default_wub.png
:

I'll try to take pictures of his eyes this weekend, but don't know if it'll show up.. They've been like that since he was born and he's now a yearling.. I dunno, they're hard to explain, they don't look like the typical dark brown eyes.. lol
default_wacko.png
:

We have had a lot of blue eyed foals. The sky blue eye, the marbled eye, dark blue eye & bieyed.

All of them remained the same color, they didn't change as they got older. cjmm

Here are a few photos of two of my minis with blue eyes....

This Crystal she is a 6 y/o mare....chestnut with a big blaze....

crystalseye.jpg

And this is my studs eye, it has a blue cast in the middle i don`t know if you can really

tell in this picture or not, thought i would post to let you take a look...he is a bay overo...

bannerseye.jpg

Thanks,

Tina

Last edited by a moderator:
this is my geldings dark blue eyes.

His white side of his face has a very dark blue eye(depending on the light) and his dark side is like saphire blue.

P9110058.jpg

P9110043.jpg

PA060013.jpg

PA060010.jpg

Latest posts

Back