Maine Miniature Horse Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
I just have to say we had a great time yesterday at the Maine mini show. I got to meet and show with some really great people. My kids had a fantastic time and being during the fair it was a great time to promote the minis. I finally got to meet Mark and Gaylene Cooper [coopermini] . Mark had a little difficulty in the futurity class as his baby truly was a bouncing baby boy! He handled it great though. Gaylene is so nice too. I got to meet backwoodsnanny for a fleeting moment during classes. Capall beag [Fiona] was also there with her two girls. It was like a lil beginnings convention. sundancer, normajeanbaker, boinky, enchantress, funnyfarmnorth and several others were there also. I am so proud of my two little weanlings, they behaved extremely well and Jack is truly just like his dad Fred. Jack won the weanling colt class and went on to win the weanling futurity! Red didn't do too bad either as she won her weanling filly class and placed in the futurity. When I get some pictures I will post them I was so busy I don't know if the kids took any but I did take some of the babies and Kim and her horse this morning. Linda B

I had great fun at the show!

My kids had very little interest in the horse show :eek: , so I had to keep moving!

You and your girls are so incredibly understated and kind!!!!!!

Linda always encourages my kids and offered to allow them take one of her horses in to the fancy dress class and had an outfit for them to wear
default_smile.png
So very sweet of you!

Your foals are absolutely beautifully and perfectly turned out.

BUT who the heck is that absolutely stunning mare of yours??????

I watched her in Liberty and she took my breath away, she floated around the ring
default_yes.gif
: Exceptional, if that is where the future of mini horses is I think it is a very exciting future!

She was so incredibly beautiful and full of herself, she knows she looks good!

What a great group of mini horse owners we have in this area!

Congrats on very well deserved wins!

Courtney did awesome in Liberty too!

That mare Fiona is talking about is absolutely *gorgeous*!!!! In Liberty she ran around the edge of the ring and looked at the people standing by the fence as if to say, "I'm beautiful and I know it!!" She took your breath away. She had Raspberry in her name, that's all I remember. Well, that and the fact that I wish she was mine!
default_wink.png
:

Linda's horses were outstanding! Her weanlings and driving horses are very nice and well-trained. Linda is a good example as a show-horse-mom. Very classy lady! And her girls are sweet and professional!

The best thing was the costume class!! It was side-splitting funny!!! Look what Linda did!!!

costume1.jpg

Our Feather did not like the poodle at ALL!! She saw it and backed right away! Poor thing! I'm sure it didn't look like it smelled! LOL

I'm not sure which daughter it was under that costume because I didn't see her get dressed. But it was the funniest thing in the world!! She kept walking around in circles because she couldn't see and the horse wouldn't stand still.

Check out this picture below-- look where the little window is compared to the direction of her feet!! It was so funny --- we were laughing the whole time!

costume2.jpg

Hello.

I had a great time, too!

This is my 3rd show and the first one where I wasn't a nervous wreck! lol
default_wacko.png
:

I am VERY proud of my mare, Hi Dee Darlin! She placed 3rd in halter and 3rd in liberty. She also placed 2cnd in Novice Showmanship...not shown by me...I "loaned" her to a sweet girl named Meghan, who is a friend of Mark's. Good job, Meghan! :aktion033:

I'm so bad cuz I talked to people...but didn't necessarily know them under their forum names!
default_blush.png
: Sorry guys!

I took my son, Breton, (who just turned 9) with me and he was a great "barn boy"! "Honey, pass me this...hold the gel...walk her over here." He did great. He also made sure that all the horses had enough treats!
default_eat.gif
:

It was music to my ears on the way home when he said, "I really liked seeing all the pretty horses." *sigh* :538:

Oh..and Mark...I'll get those pix out as soon as possible!

:aktion033: CONGRATULATIONS SPARKLE! :aktion033: I'm sorry I didn't get to see your liberty run as I had to harness Shadow after we ran. Hope I get to meet you soon. Tracy the pictures are great and Sara did awesome winning jumping and trail! Linda B

Thanks Fred! :bgrin

I feel kinda silly not knowing who's who in the "real world"....I should just go around introducing myself as Sparkle! LOL

After pretty much everyone left except what appeared to be me, Enchantress and Boinky...the judge went over to the chain link fence to peek at the STB racing. That's where all our horses were lined up, so we got chatting...and it turned out...I bought a horse from her yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaars ago! We were both like..."gee you look familiar"! I bought a pretty half arab pinto mare from her probably 10-ish years ago! It really is true how you can forget the name/face of a person, but you NEVER forget the horse!
default_wink.png
:

I also forgot to mention that Breton has this almost psycho knack for finding four leaf clovers....there he is walkin' along and goes, "mama, LOOK!! Guess what I stuck in my pocket before my first class??
default_rolleyes.gif
: Hehe Thanks, Breton!
default_yes.gif
:

Are you the one with that handsome colt with those knock 'em dead light blue eyes?? Sorry, I have to ask...what color IS he? Oh and btw...I want to keep him. :hypocrite:

Thank you! Yes that is Jack and this was his first show. He was born to be a ham as he is just like his daddy Rolling Ridge Rum Runner aka Fred. His half sister was also there the little red filly. Linda B

Congratulations on a great show for both of you! Nice horses, and I just LOVE Razz!

We were there, too, for our VERY FIRST SHOW ever, and I think we did GREAT!!! I know we made newbie mistakes, but we did have fun, and we placed in every class we entered.

I took a yearling filly, and she was just a peach for me considering her age and OUR lack of experience! I was SO pleased with her. Together, we entered three classes and we got 2nd in yearling mares(halter), 3rd in novice showmanship(painfully evident that it was my first time! lol) and 6th in solid color. Here we are
100_1862.jpg

100_1912.jpg

My daughter, Mikaela, is 11 and she brought her 2 year old appy filly, who decided that this showing stuff was good cause to go into a full, raging heat!!! She was behaving terrible when we first got there, so I showed for her in the mares 2 and over class and we took 5th out of 7(which really wasn't bad considering she FORGOT how to stand or square up!) Once she calmed down Mikaela took her into her other two classes, multi-color and youth trail. She placed 6th out of 8 in both classes! GREAT JOB BABY GIRL, I'm proud of you! The only picture that I have of her yet is one with a goofy face, so will post pics of her and her girl when they come, but in the mean time, here we are when I showed her in her mares class.

100_1879.jpg

All in all, it was a very good first outing for us. Congratulations to everyone for their placings, we WILL be seeing you at future shows. :aktion033:

Jodi

I'm glad everyone had such a fun time :aktion033: There is a huge amount of work that goes into this show to make sure everyone has fun and there are plenty of classes for everyone, so it's great to hear everyone had a good time
default_smile.png

Linda-your chestnut and white mare was the talk of the show with her Liberty performance. There were still people asking me the next day who she was and how awesome her performance was. It was clear who was going to win the Liberty class when she started to trot
default_wub.png
:

We brought 2 yearlings to show and had a good show as well. Had planned on bringing more horses to show, but between working all week in the Miniature Horse tent at the Fair and helping getting the show together, there was only time to get the 2 Futurity horses ready. My filly who won the Weanling Futurity last year was Maine Miniature Horse Yearling Futurity Reserve Champion. She was not on her best behavior(too cold out to behave
default_rolleyes.gif
: ), but still pulled off a 2nd out of a full Solid Color class as well. My moms gelding, VPS Simply Irresistible decided it was his turn for a Futurity title and was the Maine Miniature Horse Yearling Futurity Champion. It was exciting to have Champion and Reserve Champion!! I also decided to throw my yearling filly in Liberty so she could burn off some built up energy, but she decided that she didn't want to be caught until she heard "time" over the speaker....as soon as they said my time was up to catch her, the little pest immediatly stopped and turned to me to be caught :lol: I am pretty sure she had a huge grin on her face when she knew we got DQ'd
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I'm glad everyone had a good time and hope to see everyone back again next year!!! I've already had 4 requests to put Liberty in all 3 of our shows, so glad everyone enjoyed it!!!

Since people are posting photo's and I have an article to write for the Pedlar and Horses Maine, does anyone mind if I use their pictures if I give you photo credit??? If you have photo's from the show and want them in the article, post them or email them([email protected]) to me!!

Jen

Jen

It was a great experience at least for my girls not sure I am as thrilled with it I guess I like watching better than getting horses ready but Jodi and Mikaela FINALLY after 3 years of watching got their feet wet. Your babies are gorgeous and Fred it was wonderful to meet you if only for a second and your costume was hysterical. Your poor daughter but you gave so much pleasure to soo many. It is obvious from the conversations coming home that we WIll be back with horses. Thanks for a great experience for my daughter and grand daughter and a well run show.

Well done everyone!
default_yes.gif
:

I am very proud of Jodi and Mikaela! WHOOO HOOO you did great for your first ever show! Gosh, I had no idea Jodi was such a beauty! Wow! Keep up the good work ladies!

SHOW PICTURES ARE NOW ONLINE!!!! 2 photographers were at the show:

http://www.harnessracingphotography.com <----he took some nice candid shots

and

http://photoefxxx.dotphoto.com/CPListAlbums.asp <----this is a new photographer trying to get his business built up...he got some nice photo's and his prices are CHEAP!!!!

Hope everyone finds a few pictures they can order and enjoy
default_yes.gif
: Both these photographers donated their time, and it was much appreciated!!

Jen

Latest posts

Back