Costume class ideas?????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnolia_dream

Reaction score
Any cute costumes that have won for you?I have a light chestnut mini i would like to take to a costume class this fall any ideas??

Here's a couple that I have done, I used the rodeo bull/clown costume in adult two years ago and my niece is using it this year-so far we have been undefeated with it, LOL She used the pig costume last year, [poor Bud the things that he puts up with!!!
default_yes.gif
:

BudtheBullsized.jpg

BudthePig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't get many costume classes in NZ, but this year's NZMHA National Show put one on, and it was a great success! :aktion033:

My husband is the imaginative type
default_rolleyes.gif
: and at the time we had a small chestnut foal that was (is) particularly biddable. So we went off and bought some furry fabric, and a few tassles etc, then to the second hand cothing store and found an Eastern type costume for hubby, and then got to work...

I think Stix was the smallest camel ever in existence, but also the cutest
default_wub.png
: It was a very cold evening, and he was very happy to be wrapped up in a fur coat :lol: complete with hump!
default_yes.gif
:

To see a pic of the him go to:

http://www.dm-photos.com/Galleries/Nationa...es/_A4Z0839.jpg

http://www.dm-photos.com/Galleries/Nationa...es/_A4Z0807.jpg

Here is the costume i used for my jr gelding, Coco, last yr.

Since his name is Coco, a Coconut theme kind of just had to happen. I ordered his costume from the internet and it was made for a person, so i had to do some of my own adjustments for it to fit him right.

Here he is, in all his Coconut glory.

100_9520.jpg

100_9518.jpg

Closeup on his pretty pink flower and headband

100_9523.jpg

This year he's going to be Superman! I cant wait to get this one started off. I seen the costume at Wal Mart today after i went to see Superman Returns and i figure i can find red boots in a kids size to use for him. I'm also going to put glasses on him ....who knows, i might even throw a skirt on and a dressy shirt and be lois lane.

Leeana H.

Below is a picture of my granddaughter and her mare dressed up as the red hat ladies. When over pretty good with the judges here, she placed 1st and 2nd last year at seveal shows. They also appeared on our local TV show in an interview all dolled up.
redhatladies.jpg

I have been a witch and he has been the cauldron (sp?)?

costume2.jpg

I have also been a horse, and he was a cowgirl. :lol: (Didn't get any pictures of that!)

Good luck!

wow great and cute ideas. I saw a miniature donkey dressed up as a box of crayons one time it was soo cute!

Latest posts

Back