Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magnolia_dream

Costume class ideas?????

Any cute costumes that have won for you?I have a light chestnut mini i would like to take to a costume class this fall any ideas??

Please click here to view our members Mini Horses, Ponies, and Tack for Sale ads!

Here's a couple that I have done, I used the rodeo bull/clown costume in adult two years ago and my niece is using it this year-so far we have been undefeated with it, LOL She used the pig costume last year, [poor Bud the things that he puts up with!!! :yes:

IPB Image

IPB Image

We don't get many costume classes in NZ, but this year's NZMHA National Show put one on, and it was a great success! :aktion033:

My husband is the imaginative type :RollEyes: and at the time we had a small chestnut foal that was (is) particularly biddable. So we went off and bought some furry fabric, and a few tassles etc, then to the second hand cothing store and found an Eastern type costume for hubby, and then got to work...

I think Stix was the smallest camel ever in existence, but also the cutest :wub: It was a very cold evening, and he was very happy to be wrapped up in a fur coat :lol: complete with hump! :yes:

To see a pic of the him go to:

http://www.dm-photos.com/Galleries/Nationa...es/_A4Z0839.jpg

http://www.dm-photos.com/Galleries/Nationa...es/_A4Z0807.jpg

Here is the costume i used for my jr gelding, Coco, last yr.

Since his name is Coco, a Coconut theme kind of just had to happen. I ordered his costume from the internet and it was made for a person, so i had to do some of my own adjustments for it to fit him right.

Here he is, in all his Coconut glory.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Closeup on his pretty pink flower and headband

IPB Image

This year he's going to be Superman! I cant wait to get this one started off. I seen the costume at Wal Mart today after i went to see Superman Returns and i figure i can find red boots in a kids size to use for him. I'm also going to put glasses on him ....who knows, i might even throw a skirt on and a dressy shirt and be lois lane.

Leeana H.

Below is a picture of my granddaughter and her mare dressed up as the red hat ladies. When over pretty good with the judges here, she placed 1st and 2nd last year at seveal shows. They also appeared on our local TV show in an interview all dolled up. IPB Image

I have one it's my secret though. Have not tried it out so nope not sharing yet....

I have been a witch and he has been the cauldron (sp?)?

IPB Image

I have also been a horse, and he was a cowgirl. :lol: (Didn't get any pictures of that!)

Good luck!

Here's what got us to Reserve National Champion last year! :aktion033:

IPB Image