Share your pics of shelters, feeders, hay feeders,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've done some new stuff here.

I took a big horse design and shrunk it down to mini size. I'm making them myself now. I put a strip of mesh metal in the front of the bottom and it slopes down to allow for water drainage.

feeder1.jpg
feeder2.jpg

Then I designed and built these new panels. These are all 16' long, solid pieces so they won't flex with 8' gates.

newpanels.jpg

I want to thank everyone who has posted on this thread. We have all shared mini ideas. Lets keep it going. No matter what the idea no matter how small just think someone else might be able to use it that had not thought about it..................So bump it up gang............

Last edited by a moderator:
yard042006a.jpg
yard042006c.jpg

This is my backyard- my barns are "mini sized" as is the fence height
default_smile.png
We use rubber mats outside to feed hay on rather than the ground.

Tammie

That is pretty cool Tammie.........Thanks for posting. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

ome on everyone look and see :new_shocked: :new_shocked: what you can send pics of...............even first aid ideas or foaling ideas.........anything you can think of........if ya'll are like me I can show my hubby something and he can pretty much make or I can.......

I already showed some of my horse buildings and paddocks when this thread was originally started, but since that time I got a really neat miniature horse trailer
default_smile.png

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20012.jpg

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20003.jpg

WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20002.jpg
WFM%20Gooseneck%20Trailer%20--%2009042006%20--%20020.jpg

It came from Wrangler Trailers and I just LOVE it! It will hold 5 minis in the stalls pictured, but the dressing room door will swing and 2 minis could go in there, for a total of 7, if need or want be
default_smile.png

I think the mini horse trailers are so cool. Perhaps someday I will have one.........lol

Here's my little stall set up. It's a 10 X 10 stall and these are those little mineral feeders I use for feed and minerals and then the water bucket of course. We didn't have a 2 X 4 to hang the feeders on so Jerry made a little holder and then just slip down into it. Works for me.

insidestalls.jpg

And here's my little hay trailer. My hay building is away from the main barn, so I just take what I need for a couple of days and put it here in the trailer where it's handy parked outside the back door of the barn.

bARNWAGON.jpg

And here's my favorite stuff called gravel.........I have gravel roads that run all around my barn yard and up to each field gate. I can lead everyone all over the place and no more slipping and falling down in the mud, snow or ice for me ever again.

I can't ever have enough gravel. I'm obcessed and every chance I get I keep ordering more loads.

DantractorA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Marty, that is great. Love the gravel roads too...........lol.............Love the table and chairs outside the barn. Now you need an umbrella to fit on the table..............lol

My Husband designed and built these hayfeeders. They hold a full square-bale.

Hayfeeder2.jpg

Hayfeeder.jpg

They can be mounted to the wall, or post, has holes to add a roof.

Sandy

Hey,

Does hay bale holders? Does he sell them? Also how do you keep rain out of them?

thanks MELISSA

He does sell them, you can add a roof there are holes and hardware for it. We don't have a problem with it gettin wet in this position, if it was laying down you probably would.

Here is the web-site http://www.squarebalehayfeeder.com/

They have moved this topic so I hope that you get this.

Sandy

My Husband designed and built these hayfeeders. They hold a full square-bale.

Hayfeeder2.jpg

Hayfeeder.jpg

They can be mounted to the wall, or post, has holes to add a roof.

Sandy

OK.. those are WAY COOL!!! :aktion033: :new_shocked: Love them....!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

IF ANY BODY COULD SUGGEST MINI STALL SIZES BECAUSE IVE HEARD SO MANY. ALSO, IF ITS POSSIBLE TO POST PICTURES OF YOUR MINIS STALLS THAT WOULD BE FABULOUS
default_yes.gif

I have one 8x8 stall. The others are all 8x12. I like that size a lot. Our run ins are 8x16 and 18x21.

My favourite product is the TubTrug i use them as manure buckets, they are flexible even in the super cold temps! and are easy to carry... they withstand alot too, ours have been tossed about ..chewed on by the horses
default_rolleyes.gif
and are in use 7 days a week and not a single problem.. they come in fun colours too
default_biggrin.png

Their is a whole range of sizes so the uses are endless.
default_wink.png

tubtrugs

wow!! what a great subject, loved seeing all the great ideas!! I can't believe some people can just design and build such neat things! love the pens and hay bale holder!! NICE!!!

Latest posts

Back