Posted (edited)

Good Morning, 

We are seeking some help if possible, we are new to this forum (and Miniature Horses) so I hope I’m posting this in the right place!! 

My daughter purchased this little cutie “Gypsy” not long ago  (because she was not being very well looked after)  

I am questioning if she is pregnant.. ?

We were told that she had a foal 3 years ago.

She is 8 years old. 

She is getting a little better now but is not friendly so examination is extremely difficult! 

She was in a paddock with a young stallion when we purchased her. 

Yesterday she was rolling heaps, kicking up to and biting at her belly and generally looks uncomfortable. 

She has also gained heaps of weight! 

Im unable to examine her properly however managed to sneak a photo of her teats and they look odd? 

Over the last few weeks, when I have watched her closely I’m pretty sure I have seen movement, however no drastic kicking. 

I am unable to get close enough to lift her tail. 

Hoping that I can get some thoughts and opinions please 🤞🏻

Thank you in advance :)

BE14DBFC-5269-405C-AE4A-F9A1C79821A1.jpeg

DD857717-1F42-45D4-842D-2D0CD46680E3.jpeg

Edited by Jasmine
More info in headline.

Please click here to view our members Mini Horses, Ponies, and Tack for Sale ads!

Try taking pictures down at her level, if you can.  Similar side shot as you already have, but down at her level.   And, same from behind.    When we stand and take pictures looking down on them, it distorts their proportions, making almost all minis look short and fat.

Cute little girl, bless you for taking her in.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Chandab :) 

I also caught her in the midst of rolling! So that pic is attached too! 

23B8A7C3-FE43-4784-9CE6-5DB327825698.jpeg

She does look to have some swelling in her nipples and the fact she was with a young stallion when you got her, makes anything possible.

Have you got any idea how long she was pastured with the stallion for before you purchased her ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Ryan,

I have no idea how long they were together for but it was a permanent arrangement I think.. 

9E687E1C-1188-42A3-879D-FEAF0C243B9B.png

Its a little hard to tell with her winter coat. Are you in Aus/NZ ? 

When your feeding her next keep a close eye on her stomach , this is usually the time you will see movement. 

I’m in Australia.. 

I have been trying to watch for movement while eating & haven’t seen anything too obvious, I’ll try and get a little closer. 

Just worked out our dates and we have had her much longer than I realised.. my daughter picked her on Sept 13 2017 so if she is then she would definitely be close..?