Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Johnson

Food Lovers Guide

On 7/5/2018 at 5:59 PM, Ryan Johnson said:

Really like most meats , Love cooking a slow cooked roast , then using the left overs the following night in something completely different. 

Looking forward to hearing about the Family Favs :)

On a side note, I just got back from the America and got to try Gator in New Orleans. Had never tried it before but really enjoyed it !!

I haven't been to New Orleans since the hurricane.  Probably lots of changes since then.  Didn't eat gator while there, but did try turtle.  My sister lived there for several years.  Loved the swamp; it was beautiful.  It may be destroyed now.

• Like 1

Please click here to view our members Mini Horses, Ponies, and Tack for Sale ads!

A favorite of ours is kabobs.  We use tri-tip steak.  Our favorites are mushrooms, onions and squash.  We brush on olive oil with melted butter and garlic salt.

• Like 2

Two more recipes that are NOT crock pot.........but easy and quick........These are the last two.......

MELT IN YOUR MOUTH CHICKEN

4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I cut them in half and butterfly them)

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese,  1 cup plain yogurt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt, 1/2 tsp pepper. Mix all together in a bowl.

Place chicken in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Spread the mixture over the chicken. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.  Serve the sauce and chicken over rice.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PARMESAN BAKED PORK CHOPS

4+ Boneless Pork Chops

1 Tablespoon olive oil per chop, 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs, 1 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp.. garlic powder.

On a plate combine the dry ingredients. Rub the chops with olive oil and coat each one with the cheese mixture. Press the mixture  into the meat to make sure they are well covered. Line a baking pan with tin foil and spray with cooking spray. Place pork chops in the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.

(I serve this with a choice of gourmet mustards and chutney as dips.) The foil is important. I didn't do it once and the chops weren't as moist.

• Like 1

New Orleans was one of my favorite  places I got to travel too last month. The swamp was really lovely and according to the guide most of it had grown back. 

I did stuffed Zucchinis last night . When I grow them in summer here , we live off this recipe :)

In a bowl , Finely dice

Ham, sundried tomatos, celery, onion ( any other meat works well, even left overs) Dried herbs, fresh basil , Oregano , Parsley. Crumbed fetta.  Mix well !!

Scoop out the zucchini so Its like a hollow boat and fill with the mixture. 

Top with grated cheese of your choice (this will stop the mixture from burning ) 

Cook on low for about 1/2 an hour - 45 mins

MiniV I love chutneys and mustards :)  

I had heaps of Blood plums last year , so I made a Plum chutney 

• Like 1

YUM!  I'm copying your zuke recipe!!!

Tonight I did a "cheater meal"....because it's using pre-made food.........

Baked chicken, stuffing and gravy ---

Make the boxed stuffing (aka Stove Top).  Trim your chicken breasts (I cut them in half) and put them in a greased baking pan. Cover the chicken with the stuffing.

Mix a jar of chicken gravy with a little bit of water.......just me.....it's too thick to my liking........ Pour the gravy over the stuffing and chicken and pop into the oven.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Serve with cranberry sauce if desired.......

Thanks for that Zucchini recipe!  And more power to you for making the plum chutney......Wow.

• Like 1

This is an easy one and quite tasty.....

Use ground beef and grate an onion & carrot. Add some dried italian herbs , pinch of paprika. Roll into Rissoles and brown on each side in a fry pan. 

Put them into an oven proof dish and pour a can of tomato soup over and bake with the lid closed 180c fan forced for about an hour.

You can substitute with a jar of pasta sauce , tin tomatoes etc. 

Creamy Garlic Chicken. Cook in Electric frypan

Chicken Breast or thighs ( what ever you have on hand) 

Cook chicken and add 1 Sliced onion and 2-3 cloves of Garlic ( minced)

Add 2 x packets of Dried "french Onion Soup" & 125mls of water 

Once combined add 1 bottle of large cream .

Turn down to low and cook till cream thickens.

Add some peas or any other veggies.

Goes well with thick bread :)